Rumour The real 2020 RUMOUR thread. NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Redux: MOD NOTE: threads like this are dumb, and a complete waste of our time to moderate, because people have a hard time understanding what "No Discussion" means. So, I tell you what - i‘ll keep the thread open, but infract anyone who posts anything that isn’t a rumour.

1613007703861.png
Rumours look like this:
Crows will take Elijah Hollands with first pick.
(same norwood based source who said Stephens would go top 5 when most "experts" had him outside top 10).

Specifically, they reference a future event that *may* happen, and usually end up being laughably false.

I will say this rumour was passed on to me really early in the year, so no idea how true it is and there's every chance it's no longer valid, but I'll post it anyway.

Anyway, the rumour was Freo aren't all that interested in using their 1st round pick this year and want to trade it for some immediate help, as well as some late picks so they can still bring in their NGA picks in Joel Western and Brandon Walker. So one of the players they were looking at was Matt Crouch, with the deal being Crouch + late picks we won't use for Freo's 1st rounder (currently pick #8). When this rumour was given to me Freo were 2nd bottom, so I'm not sure if A. Freo still have interest or B. we'd be willing to accept a pick that likely pushes out to double digits for Matt.

[IMG alt="jenny61_99"]https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/avatars/m/22/22889.jpg?1578219684[/IMG]
Follow
adelaide.png

jenny61_99
Premium Platinum

33 minutes ago
Rumour I heard today, from someone with player contacts...12 players have been told they won’t be playing for us next year

I heard some talk up here that Brisbane are looking to get out of this year's draft and Gold Coast get further into it.

Terrible source, though. Rugby connected, but barely AFL.

not a very exciting rumour, but I heard that part of the Gibbs retirement deal was paying out his gambling debts.

Nothing earthshattering but...

Brad Crouch not necessarily going.
Club not sure if contract would be worth the Band 1 compo.
It's seen from within that Kane Cornes and Co are actively devaluing Brad in case he moves.

Rumour that Zac Merrett may be out of Essendon and linked to Carlton. Adam Saad to request a trade away from Essendon. Rumour that Brad Crouch may end up at Essendon but Geelong still interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Manure saying Brad Crouch to Sydney or Geelong ......Sydney's a new player in the game
Kennedy must be just about done then .. Sydney mentioned earlier in the year as a possible destination

Remove this Banner Ad

Back