Rumour The real 2020 RUMOUR thread. NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Redux: MOD NOTE: threads like this are dumb, and a complete waste of our time to moderate, because people have a hard time understanding what "No Discussion" means. So, I tell you what - i‘ll keep the thread open, but infract anyone who posts anything that isn’t a rumour.

1613007703861.png
Rumours look like this:
Crows will take Elijah Hollands with first pick.
(same norwood based source who said Stephens would go top 5 when most "experts" had him outside top 10).

Specifically, they reference a future event that *may* happen, and usually end up being laughably false.

Herald Sun reporting Brandan Parfitt has agreed to a two year extension at Geelong

@Adelaide_FC
has confirmed defender Kyle Hartigan has decided to pursue unrestricted free agent rights and is leaving to return home to Victoria.

"Adelaide’s hopes of getting a draft pick as high as No.2 for Brad Crouch’s departure to St Kilda are being complicated by the deal for the future Saint being compared to contracts signed off before COVID-19 hit the AFL."

"At 26, Crouch’s deal with the Saints would be compared to big-money contracts signed by players aged 25 and above — before they took pay cuts in the wake of COVID-19 austerity measures.

This is despite the expectation deals for free agents will be lower across the competition this year, with players bracing for another hefty pay cut.

It’s left the Crows pessimistic at the possibility of receiving the No.2 pick for Crouch, head of football Adam Kelly and football director Mark Ricciuto flagging the club could get creative and match the Saints’ bid, then force a trade to get a better return"

"Adelaide was surprised Crouch elected to join St Kilda, believing Essendon was his more likely destination."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two names I've heard we've looked at were Brayden Ham and Jack Petruccelle. Obviously targetting some blokes who are still in their early 20's, have speed, but haven't been able to establish themselves as Best 22 guys at their clubs.

Izak Rankine punching on in Adelaide last night. Snapchat video doing the rounds. Expect it to be out in the media soon.

this one is a long bow but I kinda love it for some reason. Heard it from someone quite random who says he heard it from liberal party connections:

superloop 500 race cancellation is step 1 of a major announcement around future use of Victoria park and surrounding areas. The v8 race and building temporary stands stopped any serious development going up in the area. Now that has been cleared by the Libs, Olsen is keen to pursue Victoria park as crows home base (Olsen being aware of the pending v8 cancellation due to his role in liberal party). New facility will remain multi use and open to the public with cycling, cafes etc and build on what is already there. But some of the area will be built in to club rooms and training facilities and money spent on upgrading the quality of the grass areas as well.

Crows considering taking a shot at Jeremy Cameron?

Foxfooty.com.au understands Essendon, North Melbourne and Adelaide would be willing to begin discussions with the Giants if Cameron’s move to GMHBA Stadium fell through.

Although I can't see GWS getting into that conversation with us unless we had pick 1 on the table, and I wouldn't want to give that up for Cameron, who will be well past his best by the time we're contending again.

Can't verify this and so I could just be getting fed a "not our fault" story or some wishful thinking, but I'll post anyway.

We organized to trade Brad to the Suns last year for their 2020 first round priority pick (pick 11, now owned by Geelong). The AFL found out about the deal and squashed it because they didn't want Brad up at the Suns because he's had some past indiscretions and they've spent the last few years cleaning the place up and didn't want any of that potentially being undone (and I'm sure his end to the 2020 probably justified that decision in their minds).

I'm guessing maybe we were hoping the AFL would "make good" on that veto decision, which is why we were perhaps so confident on getting pick 2 for most of the year, but the huge media push saw the AFL double screw us again by making sure the Saints constructed a deal that wouldn't qualify for Band 1 compensation, with them also being pissed off we tried to "cheat the system" by doing the salary dump with the Saints as well.

I asked my two regular people I talk to if they'd heard it and both said they hadn't, but both gave a "It wouldn't surprise me if the AFL did that" answer as well.

Edit: I forgot to add, apparently we talked with the Saints about swapping 23 + another late pick to get 17, AFL said no to us doing that as well.

Last edited:
Can't verify this and so I could just be getting fed a "not our fault" story or some wishful thinking, but I'll post anyway.

We organized to trade Brad to the Suns last year for their 2020 first round priority pick (pick 11, now owned by Geelong). The AFL found out about the deal and squashed it because they didn't want Brad up at the Suns because he's had some past indiscretions and they've spent the last few years cleaning the place up and didn't want any of that potentially being undone (and I'm sure his end to the 2020 probably justified that decision in their minds).

I'm guessing maybe we were hoping the AFL would "make good" on that veto decision, which is why we were perhaps so confident on getting pick 2 for most of the year, but the huge media push saw the AFL double screw us again by making sure the Saints constructed a deal that wouldn't qualify for Band 1 compensation, with them also being pissed off we tried to "cheat the system" by doing the salary dump with the Saints as well.

I asked my two regular people I talk to if they'd heard it and both said they hadn't, but both gave a "It wouldn't surprise me if the AFL did that" answer as well.

Edit: I forgot to add, apparently we talked with the Saints about swapping 23 + another late pick to get 17, AFL said no to us doing that as well.
Verified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back