The REAL dream team (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What is your wish for the 2024 leadership at PAFC?

Mine:

President - Cahill

New board member - Tredrea

CEO - Tom Harley

Coach - Carr

Captain - Burton

Vice captains (these 3 need to earn it this year)

Rozee
SPP
JHF

A bit of a harder edge all around.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
President - Cahill (I like your idea)
CEO - Matthew Richardson - I actually like him, but the Koch factor is killing him
Coach - Carr
Captain - Wines
Vice Captains - Rozee, Houston

If they are going to hire a rookie coach, a senior assistant/Football Director type to mentor/develop the coaching ranks would be required. How often do you see Port Adelaide too slow to change tactics when the game goes against them? This is either poor coaching or unintelligent players. Someone that can do a Richardson llke role in the early days of the Hinkley era, or the Voss role, who was never replaced in the coach ranks. What about Williams? or Buckley? Also, fire Cornes and Basset, they are not AFL standard assistant coaches - that's why I think it is more coaching that is an issue, not so much the players.

I can't see the administration side changing. I like the idea of Harley, but good luck getting him out of Sydney. If he leaves, it will be to go to Melbourne for the AFL-CEO job.

President - Brian Cunningham
CEO - Nick Barbato (I don't know, I'm just stabbing in the dark here)
Coach Power - Carr
Coach Magpies - Choco
Captain - Wines
Vice Captains - JHF, SPP

I know two ex-PAFC employees who worked in off-field roles at the club and both left voluntarily as soon as Richardson was appointed as CEO. Both described him as a humourless micromanager who instilled no confidence in them. I don’t think he’s a good CEO by any measure we’ve seen yet.
Mate, we searched the world for a humourless micromanager only to find there was one under our very noses all the time.

This is a tough question, seems our last few captains have been better players without the stress of being captain. That being said I’d be happy for Ollie to have another crack in 2024, he’ll be away from contending for another Brownlow as younger players break out and get better so I can’t imagine we’d be sacrificing peak Ollie if he was captain again. As for the vice captain, not sure who you’d put there as you have to figure out the motive, is it a trial for a future captain or is it assistance for Ollie as skipper. I’d be happy to go with the former and place two of Houston, Powell-Pepper, Rozee and Butters in the VC position, they’re all between 22 and 25 right now, maybe you go one of the first two as a placeholder for the next captain and one of the last two there to get as much leadership experience into him before giving him the #1. For Coach I had my eye on Schofield until he left but Carr seems to be a good pick. I don’t want a head coach who’s had a crack at that job before, give us someone new who can have a bit of time to prove himself, and don’t lock him in for as long as we did with Hinkley. As for President and CEO, I don’t know just yet but I’d love it if we could elect the entire board and then we get the best possible candidate out of people we actually chose to be on the board. Whoever that is I don’t know, but it sure as hell isn’t Koch and I can’t say I’m overly keen on Richardson right now.

Interesting to note in today's article tl(the one in the tiser) that it seems Kenny and CD decided by themselves on the leadership team.

Jonas made it sound like there was minimal input from the playing group outside of those 2.

I wonder who the players would have voted for?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back