Game Day The REAL FAKE Game Day Thread: Blueper Reel

Remove this Banner Ad

( reasonably) Formidable loss considering the lack of discipline & composure from a few of young blokes at crucial times.. can only learn and ‘bring on’ landing a quality midfielder

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And have a bit of patience with getting Pedlar ready.

Looks like the Blues just won the Flag.
Blues fans have a real chip on their shoulder when it comes to Adelaide. We stole Eddie's best years from them and when they attempted revenge, they got McGovern who is an expensive dud. Somebody should really tell them that Collingwood are their actual rivals.

jf37w5kdf4f01.jpg

This is what our game plan gives you.
We play Russian Roulette. We attack and run forward of the contest at all times. If we win the contest, we are a chance to score. BUT, if they win the ball, we get exposed massively out the back.

It's what allows us to get back in the games, but is also the reason a team can kick multiple quick games against us.

It is NOT a game plan that will win finals, so I'm very confused as to why it is out preferred style??

Do you think its game plan of just the type of players we have around the ball(e.g dig in harder one way than the other+ inability to read the play((besides Shoenberg)))?

This result should suit if you want draft picks as you've been saying. We lose and didnt get thrashed enough to destroy confidence in the group. Id say its a good result.

Someone should check on GROTTO though.

Yeah I'm not upset about the result. Like, you still want your players able to slot it under no pressure running into an open goal though...

And Weitering

Jones and Weitering would not have had the influence if we had delivered properly. We were back to our worst in that area.
Only a few weeks ago, against Melbourne, we lowered our eyes and delivered properly, totally taking their "great" defence out of the picture.

Did we do our homework on Melbourne, but not Carlton? Was it a tank?

Jones and Weitering would not have had the influence if we had delivered properly. We were back to our worst in that area.
Only a few weeks ago, against Melbourne, we lowered our eyes and delivered properly, totally taking their "great" defence out of the picture.

Did we do our homework on Melbourne, but not Carlton? Was it a tank?

Our midfield struggle to kick it to the advantage of our forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many harsh (which I’m thinking is probably 80% emotion) comments in here about kids who are in their first/second seasons who were mega affected last year having exposure to their new coach and game plan. We have already exceeded expectations this year with some quality wins against sides who are contending, and have been mostly competitive in every game (except GWS) we’ve played. Let’s look forward to another quality player joining us in this years draft, and just chill on the “sack all these kids” stupid comments. Far out!!

Yeah I'm not upset about the result. Like, you still want your players able to slot it under no pressure running into an open goal though...
If you want to tank for picks you absolutely don't want Sholl kicking that goal with a minute still to go.

This is just my take and you can feel free to argue but I think you can see we need draft currency if we're ever going to dig ourselves out of this rut and rightly advocate tanking. When it comes to game day though and it's a close game, you barrack for the win because at the end of the day who really wants to lose? A battle of the heart vs the mind. It's not a criticism. I think a lot of us feel this way.

If you want to tank for picks you absolutely don't want Sholl kicking that goal with a minute still to go.

This is just my take and you can feel free to argue but I think you can see we need draft currency if we're ever going to dig ourselves out of this rut and rightly advocate tanking. When it comes to game day though and it's a close game, you barrack for the win because at the end of the day who really wants to lose? A battle of the heart vs the mind. It's not a criticism. I think a lot of us feel this way.

I'm largely just taking the games as they come at the moment, and my game day thread performances have always just been my instant emoting.

I'm comfortable losing and have only gotten really annoyed after performances that were substantially below par- GWS, the Showdown and Collingwood were the key ones. Largely I am trying to assess based upon what I can use to project future performance, and whether we have anything. I don't want to be rebuilding forever.

I think I probably would have been happier had he kicked it, as I'd rather know Scholl is clutch than have this question mark over him. We easily still could have lost from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back