The Real Federal Politics Discussion Thread (No Left v Right)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see the supposed charisma in Morrison either. He has a tendency to shout, get angry, then play average Aussie without ever actually looking like one. Turnbull had personal charisma, Hastie may be a campaigner but he appears to have it, I'm sure there's a couple of others. But Morrison? Colour me confused.

I don't see the supposed charisma in Morrison either. He has a tendency to shout, get angry, then play average Aussie without ever actually looking like one. Turnbull had personal charisma, Hastie may be a campaigner but he appears to have it, I'm sure there's a couple of others. But Morrison? Colour me confused.

Agree when he was treasurer he was very shouty, particularly if you watched him on 7:30 for example. BUT he has purposefully changed while PM, that angriness and shoutiness is gone.

Well it's been a couple of weeks and no real mis-steps and the Cabinet appointments (with one notable exception) have been largely uncontroversial and solid.

In the end I didn't want a Lib government but I can deal with how it's going so far, just want a stable government that keeps a steady hand and doesn't engage in social warfare. Think ScoMo is enjoying the freedom of not worrying about being backstabbed by Abbott.

With a record low turnout at the 2019 Federal Election especially among the youth, are we seeing a generation that does not appreciate the privilege that has been afforded to them: the right to vote.

A good citizen, is a politically active citizen. I contend those that do not remain politically engaged are not displaying the qualities of a good Australian citizen.

Albo's decision to try and suspend Setka from the Labor party is a valid move, but Labor party should never interfere in the inner workings of a union. The Labor Party should have suspended him the moment he planned to plead guilty to harassment charges.

Can it be inferred from the recent speeches by Scomo that internal economic data suggests the economy will enter into a recession which will cause the electorate to question the myth of the coalition's superior economic management skills?

With a record low turnout at the 2019 Federal Election especially among the youth, are we seeing a generation that does not appreciate the privilege that has been afforded to them: the right to vote.

A good citizen, is a politically active citizen. I contend those that do not remain politically engaged are not displaying the qualities of a good Australian citizen.

Albo's decision to try and suspend Setka from the Labor party is a valid move, but Labor party should never interfere in the inner workings of a union. The Labor Party should have suspended him the moment he planned to plead guilty to harassment charges.

Can it be inferred from the recent speeches by Scomo that internal economic data suggests the economy will enter into a recession which will cause the electorate to question the myth of the coalition's superior economic management skills?

Im a firm believer that you lose your right to complain if you dont vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dilbert's creator is batshit crazy. Good funny commentary on office life but when he ventures into politics - well, this results.
He certainly is batshit crazy but there’s nothing wrong with that comic. The idea that if you don’t vote, you can’t complain is a sound bite that doesn’t hold up to even the smallest amount of scrutiny. It presumes your vote can influence the result and thus policy. Unless of course you’re in a safe seat where your vote had been rendered pointless by others. Then there’s the argument it may be morally better not to vote if you lack the knowledge to vote in an informed way.

He certainly is batshit crazy but there’s nothing wrong with that comic. The idea that if you don’t vote, you can’t complain is a sound bite that doesn’t hold up to even the smallest amount of scrutiny. It presumes your vote can influence the result and thus policy. Unless of course you’re in a safe seat where your vote had been rendered pointless by others. Then there’s the argument it may be morally better not to vote if you lack the knowledge to vote in an informed way.

Of course it influences.

Another option is start your own party. A few months old party in the UK got millions of votes in the recent Euro election.

Still stands. I wouldn't leave any kid alone with our PM, there's just something about him that doesn't sit right.
So if someone said the same thing about gays you wouldn't have a problem. Great to know.

I'm talking about one person, you want to tar an entire group of people. I trust you can see the difference.
We both know you are simply saying that because he is a Christian and on a political party you don't like, which of course makes about as much sense as someone saying they wouldn't leave their kid around you because you are gay. That poster is correct in calling you out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back