The real legacy of Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what the result of the Californian recall farce has in terms of the Trumpism outlook?
While i dont think newsom will be recalled will be interesting to compair which counties go to the right of the 2020 result and which ones go left.

I believe only the mail in ballots where counted on closing so you would expect a good no vote lead but will be interesting to see how much ground the in person vote claws back.

As for the trumpism vote i don't think California is a state to look at too heavily, been very blue for a long time and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

While i dont think newsom will be recalled will be interesting to compair which counties go to the right of the 2020 result and which ones go left.

I believe only the mail in ballots where counted on closing so you would expect a good no vote lead but will be interesting to see how much ground the in person vote claws back.

As for the trumpism vote i don't think California is a state to look at too heavily, been very blue for a long time and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.
Don't disagree - its more about whether there is some form of momentum for the movement. It was always a no, but the end margin will be very important in consideration of any momentum if it exists (at present, the Trumpist movement is the loudest but is it a vocal minority or something more substantive).

Huge surprise.

Jim you may be right regarding the margin closing.
But at the moment 64% of the vote has been counted.

5,657,438 No
2,989,313 Yes

I doubt the margin will be a big change perhaps Orange County will gain votes.
Edit:Orange County 47 yes/53 no 74% counted

Last edited:
This seems to have cute of the legend, as I found out tracking the recall those counties dont have high population. Can you get us the legend? Also left map is just blue or red and not shades, the bottom half of CA is about 55-45 and the bay area is about 75-25.
Blue or red … as in Democrat leaning or Republican leaning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1238530View attachment 1238533these are from Wikipedia, last 14 days and total. Neither of these line up with the voter maps.
Total infections doesn't take into account that more people live in some of those counties. Obviously you would expect more people in Melbourne to have coronavirus than some tiny town with 200 people, for example. Per capita is the only logical way to compare

Total infections doesn't take into account that more people live in some of those counties. Obviously you would expect more people in Melbourne to have coronavirus than some tiny town with 200 people, for example. Per capita is the only logical way to compare
Those maps are per 100,000, both of them.

Good point. My bad. The reason it doesn't line up since the start is that the main reason the Republican areas are doing worse now is refusal to take the vaccine. Given that there was no vaccine at the start, the overall numbers will not reflect this.
What about the 14 day map that doesn't line up with the yes and no vote? Seems there is a range of people not getting vaxxed unfortunately

In some good news the Missouri Bar is reviewing whether the McCluskeys are fit a proper people to hold a legal licence. I'd struggle to think of a more deserving couple to have their lives destroyed.
Why do you get off on people having thier lives destroyed? Why?

Why do you get off on people having thier lives destroyed? Why?
Because they're genuinely terrible people. Hopefully they end up having sell their property and live like paupers, it might put an end to the privilege that oozes from every one of their pores.

Because they're genuinely terrible people. Hopefully they end up having sell their property and live like paupers, it might put an end to the privilege that oozes from every one of their pores.
You seem like the real ahole here. Alot of your posts hate oozes from your every word. Telling these people to pull thiers head in is one thing but thier whole lives getting ruined seems obsessive and definitely doesn't match the action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back