The real legacy of Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Coup attempt. That's nonsense. You should for all our education, post Trump's speech. We could read it together and find those parts that incited those who stormed Capitol Building. I read it a while ago and couldn't find the bit where he incited violence. Most of it was about voter fraud. When he's impeached all he has to do is prove, with what evidence he has, that what he was saying was fact. It will be a good platform for him to be able to present any evidence he has to a wider audience.

He riled up the crowd, Rudy and his sons also helped the frenzy.

Then there was the whole 2 previous months where he was exploring every option to overturn the result and convincing his followers it was rigged, without any evidence.

Not to mention the many years he spent stirring up conspiracies like the birther rubbish.

Yes, also claimed Republican primaries were rigged against him if he lost a state as well.

2016 he claims he won popular vote but rigged.

6 bankrupt businesses, but probably claims they never happened.

How can one man be so unfortunate?

Coup attempt. That's nonsense. You should for all our education, post Trump's speech. We could read it together and find those parts that incited those who stormed Capitol Building. I read it a while ago and couldn't find the bit where he incited violence. Most of it was about voter fraud. When he's impeached all he has to do is prove, with what evidence he has, that what he was saying was fact. It will be a good platform for him to be able to present any evidence he has to a wider audience.
The hill everyone wants to die on. Defending a billionaire who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, and would piss on you if you were not on fire.

It was an attempted coup before he even opened his mouth on Jan 6.

Pressuring election officials to either throw out of 'find' votes the most obvious evidence of this.

Trump's legacy playing out in the US response to the coup in Myanmar.

The US should be moving to tighten sanctions after the junta refused to accept election results and detained civilian leadersip.

One problem - the last US president also refuses to accept his country's election result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's emotional? You're hyperventilating and indulging a dumb, cliched comparison. I'm dismissing it out of hand, which is all it warrants.

What historical precedent do you think there is?

Probably nothing worse post civil war USA with what Trump is doing now, but the comparison to Hitler falls down as Trump and his followers don’t really have any ideology or plan, just want power.

What historical precedent do you think there is?

Probably nothing worse post civil war USA with what Trump is doing now, but the comparison to Hitler falls down as Trump and his followers don’t really have any ideology or plan, just want power.
The National Front in France is IMO a reasonable analogy for the right-wing populism that gets called Trumpism, although that was founded by Le Pen rather than emerging as a faction within a major party.

Who's emotional? You're hyperventilating and indulging a dumb, cliched comparison. I'm dismissing it out of hand, which is all it warrants.
Dismisisng things out of hand as being dumb is what emotional people do. I think you need a little john stuart mill:

..the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth; if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth produced by its collision with error.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back