The reason I'm buoyant about this

Can we contend by 2024?

• Yes but depends on how well we develop our list.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Yes if we can keep our mid 20's blue chips and build around them

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • No the club has stymied the list beyond for that time

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No I don't believe the club has learnt it's lessons on decisions effecting the list

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought this deserves a bump.

In the op I remarked that we'd need to rely on game and player development.

We'll we've certainly met that for such a short period, even the most optimistic of us would not have expected such a quick rebound. Oppo fans call it a dead cat bounce.........

There's still improvement to come - whether it's this year or the next or even 2024.

In any case I don't think any Pie fan could possibly be disappointed with this season.

It's now a race to develop our young raw stocks to see what ceilings they have if we can contend by 2024 (or even stay in contention).

Solid bump!

Reading through I did get a chuckle over GC’s comments especially after similar comments were made entering 2018. Some of the stuff from Billys Back should be pinned on the front page 😂

FWIW this thread is a fantastic insight into how much the average Joe overrates talent and underrates the ability to harness talent. There’s no way the previous regime has this group playing this way and 12-5.

This is the exact reason I'm buoyant, if Dimma and co could do it with that 2016 mob, we can do it with what we've got now.

Guess I'll take the bolded as a compliment Scodog! :cool:

This is the exact reason I'm buoyant, if Dimma and co could do it with that 2016 mob, we can do it with what we've got now.

Guess I'll take the bolded as a compliment Scodog! :cool:
Anyone with the sense to know that the previous coaching group wasn’t maximising our potential gets a nod of approval from me.

The irony for me is Buckley was probably capable of this he just had horrible lieutenant’s once the list was built Walsh, Guy, Harvey and Sanderson 🤮

Losing Longmuir and Boyd killed his premiership aspirations.

Even the most negative of us would bloody hope we're in contention again by 2024/25, not sure what purpose this thread serves.

Guess it could have been worse like the "we'll be top 4 next year" one.
Hindsight says the Top 4 thread was a ripper. 😉

It really doesn't matter too much what happens over the rest of the season. It's been joyous as all hell these past 3 months and we're locked into finals. Who'd have thunk it?
I'm excited about next year. Our forward group is looking very positive now. Ash Johnson, Krueger, Ollie and Mihocek as genuine key position forwards with the likes of Jelly and Ginni ... 😛🤩🥳

Back