Rumour The reason why Eddie wont sack bucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership coaches can move on and the club can then find success within a few years. Geelong with Scott at the helm in 2011 after Thompson left in 2010. If a list is good enough it can go again.

Buckley can't coach but that has been to death.

The difference between the 2009 list and the 2010 list was Jolly and Ball. Oh and the bounce of the ball. By 2012 they were cooked.

Buckley took that list to a prelim in his first season despite injuries, finishing a game and percentage off top spot. And dont underestimate the emotional effect of having to attend a funeral of a teammate in the leadup to that match. There is a lot that has to go right to win a flag.

Last edited:
How so? Serious question.
His petulant outburst late in the season about his future role at the club and then on GF day, his refusal to move Reid who clearly was injured and put Tarrant back to Hawkins. It was a move so obvious that so many commentators were calling for it and one that could have been made after Podsiadly went off injured early. It was Malthouse sticking his finger up at McGuire.

His petulant outburst late in the season about his future role at the club and then on GF day, his refusal to move Reid who clearly was injured and put Tarrant back to Hawkins. It was a move so obvious that so many commentators were calling for it and one that could have been made after Podsiadly went off injured early. It was Malthouse sticking his finger up at McGuire.
Thats a big call, I'll have to watch the game again.
Good conspiracy theory stuff always gets me interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a big call, I'll have to watch the game again.
Good conspiracy theory stuff always gets me interested.

Big call, factually correct. I nearly kicked the telly in when I saw a fit Tarrant on Steve Johnson, whilst a clearly labouring Reid was gettin' smashed by tomahawk.

The petulant, egomaniac that is Micky Shithouse white-anted our 2011 season. He made it all about HIM

Big call, factually correct. I nearly kicked the telly in when I saw a fit Tarrant on Steve Johnson, whilst a clearly labouring Reid was gettin' smashed by tomahawk.

The petulant, egomaniac that is Micky Shithouse white-anted our 2011 season. He made it all about HIM
I do remember him acting like a child as it got closer to handing the reigns over.

Johnson kicked 4 on Tarrant. If Tarrant couldn't tame Johnson how was he supposed to tame Hawkins?
Your Just sour I think. To suggest Malthouse "tanked" in the 2011 GF to "stick it up Eddie" is completely delusional. The pies ran out of steam and had injury concerns, while Geelong got stronger towards the end of the year.

All I have heard is something allegedly happened at the Grand Hotel in Glenelg quite a few years ago but I don't know what...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie did his best work at The Botanical - You could say he was Batman and another media personality was Robin.

Johnson kicked 4 on Tarrant. If Tarrant couldn't tame Johnson how was he supposed to tame Hawkins?
Your Just sour I think. To suggest Malthouse "tanked" in the 2011 GF to "stick it up Eddie" is completely delusional. The pies ran out of steam and had injury concerns, while Geelong got stronger towards the end of the year.

Yep I have no doubt Malthouse made mistakes on GF Day 2011 (and indeed on the Thursday night prior, selection) but its ridiculous to assume he white anted the club. We trailed at 3/4 in the GF by less than two goals....thats some kind of sabotage....Mick would have to be a genius to whiteant with such precision!!!

Reid on Hawkins was the killer. I never suggested he tanked to stick it up Eddie.

Yep I have no doubt Malthouse made mistakes on GF Day 2011 (and indeed on the Thursday night prior, selection) but its ridiculous to assume he white anted the club. We trailed at 3/4 in the GF by less than two goals....thats some kind of sabotage....Mick would have to be a genius to whiteant with such precision!!!

To even suggest that Micky Shithouse's focus in 2011 was about anything other than HIM is delusional. The Footy Show, continuously backhanding Buckley and reneging on a deal weren't whitanting the club.

Spare me, Timmy

To even suggest that Micky Shithouse's focus in 2011 was about anything other than HIM is delusional. The Footy Show, continuously backhanding Buckley and reneging on a deal weren't whitanting the club.

Spare me, Timmy

Ok I will clarify. Yes he was whiteanting and undermining Eddie.

Its a complete nonsense that any of this petty bickering with the president had any affect on the players on the field. As I said we were still in it with half an hour to go. The positional mistake he made is no different to other mistakes he has made in Grand Finals, eg Jason Cloke at CHF.

Last edited:
Ok I will clarify. Yes he was whiteanting and undermining Eddie.

Its a complete nonsense that any of this petty bickering with the president had any affect on the players on the field. As I said we were still in it with half an hour to go. The positional mistake he made is no different to other mistakes he has made in Grand Finals, eg Jason Cloke at CHF.

Another prize utensil up by him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back