The Reasons why Soccer (yes I used that term) is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Need I say more.

Picture1-9.png
I guess our game was a joke before 1990 then. Somewhat ironic that English football has a far more competitive history than the VFL/AFL.

Like how Collingwood made the prelim over Adelaide?
Nope, not like that.

The Anthony/Rutten free was a blatant attempt to prevent someone from getting to a contest, illegally.

The World Cup incident was a ****ing laugh. From memory Neil was on the ground and his opponent ran over the top of him, taking a massive dive and carrying on like nearly all soccer players do; and getting rewarded for it, no less.

I played soccer for a year, and found it amusing enough. However I fast grew frustrated with running past a player (while in possession of the ball) and having them fall to the ground holding their faces. Did they get a free for it? You betchya!

One one occasion I laughed and had a few words to the diver, who puffed out his chest, walked up to me acting the hero, only to fall over again when we got within touching distance. I couldn't believe what was happening.

Nope, not like that.

The Anthony/Rutten free was a blatant attempt to prevent someone from getting to a contest, illegally.

The World Cup incident was a ****ing laugh. From memory Neil was on the ground and his opponent ran over the top of him, taking a massive dive and carrying on like nearly all soccer players do; and getting rewarded for it, no less.

I played soccer for a year, and found it amusing enough. However I fast grew frustrated with running past a player (while in possession of the ball) and having them fall to the ground holding their faces. Did they get a free for it? You betchya!

One one occasion I laughed and had a few words to the diver, who puffed out his chest, walked up to me acting the hero, only to fall over again when we got within touching distance. I couldn't believe what was happening.

I have also had the experience you describe, but in footy. The guy was claiming i had punched him, then one of his team mates ran in and did it again.

[...]

Hi-larious! I can sense your exact feeling - there's genuine exasperation there, and with good cause. It sounds like being trapped on a field with a Jim Carrey character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back