Toast The rebirth of Karl Amon

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how he is tackling with real intent.

I saw him bring down Nathan Jones a couple of times in the weekend which would never have happened in the past.

Well worth a thread, his turnaround has been remarkable. Has definitely earned his spot, hopefully he can maintain this form.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to Macca19 for giving him s**t when he suggested during the preseason that Amon was going to get games for us during the season. I was wrong. But I'm always happy to be wrong in cases like this one.

Was I the only one who noticed the dropped mark in the goal square ? Seems like he squibed badly but did play out the game pretty good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The one where a Melbourne player without eyes on the ball barreled into his back?

He dropped a mark he shouldn’t have but that wasn’t a squib. It was a most obvious free kick though.

Karl was easily beating his opponent to the ball after centre bounces, made a huge impact a couple of times turning a potential inside 50 into a rebound.

Its been 1 week guys....
Give it time before we make any judgments if a player has turned the corner.
Dont forget young. 1 brilliant season then back to his average self.
Amon tried to leave, realised nobody seriously wanted him and only has 1 year left of security before he is out of a job. I expect him to lift this year out of self preservation, but im not sold that after 1 round he will be a lock in our best 22 for the next 5 years
Lots of leaps and assumptions there. Most of us are just looking at his next game at present.

Was I the only one who noticed the dropped mark in the goal square ? Seems like he squibed badly but did play out the game pretty good.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He never dropped a mark in the goal square, so don't know were you saw that, and I have watched replay three times.
He got a push about 25 m out in the back, while trying to mark the ball, and should have got a free kick. Bloody umpires ...:thumbsdown:

Him and Motlop look to have this set play where if Motlop is just inside 50 on the wing he kicks it high to the other side of the 50 just past the (extended) goal square and Karl seems to be able to protect the space closest to the boundary line and take a mark. Have seen it 3 times this year and has come off twice.

His goal kicking from that area is very good.

Been rather critical of Amon, but he's coming along well in strides. Happy to be proven wrong and hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been 1 week guys....
Amon tried to leave, realised nobody seriously wanted him and only has 1 year left of security before he is out of a job. I expect him to lift this year out of self preservation, but im not sold that after 1 round he will be a lock in our best 22 for the next 5 years
We simply want him to succeed and we are all surprised on how well he has played compared to previous games.

Its been 1 week guys....
He tried to leave because he wasn't getting an opportunity. Every player would do the same thing. FFS can we have some positivity around here please!! Be happy for the kid that he may have turned the corner and this new game style might actually suit him.

First Kill
Karl Amon Amarth

The first man I killed was the texan's right hand man
When he came to take her away
I ran his own sword straight through his throat
And then I stood there, watching him fall
The first blood I spilled was the blood of a laird
I had to wipe the smile away
I was not yet a man, nor was I a boy
But still, I made that bastard pay
So I left him there, on the stone floor
Bathing in a pool of his own blood