Toast The rebirth of Karl Amon

Remove this Banner Ad

You know managers.
He said they are waiting for Port’s offer.
Sounded like that it should happen soon?
Before everyone goes off the deep end at Port for dragging their feet, Tredders said that Karl's manager has only just told Port that Karl wants to stay at Port now. Apparently he requested a trade last year for family reasons.

Before everyone goes off the deep end at Port for dragging their feet, Tredders said that Karl's manager has only just told Port that Karl wants to stay at Port now. Apparently he requested a trade last year for family reasons.
Yes I certainly wasn’t concerned listening to his manager today. However I await Windy Cindy’s input lol.

That is definitely reassuring.

I thought his game on Saturday was outstanding. He was the cleanest player of the 44 in the game by a long way. The contrast between Karl and SPP in this regard was stark.

He was so clean that thought will have to be given into turning him into an inside mid. He would add a degree of pace and a point of difference to our current centre square set up. I had not seen his potential in this regard until Saturday.

Give whoever is coaching this guy a raise; this guy has developed into something special.

So comfortable and composed in traffic and always manages to get his arms free from the tackle and keep the ball moving. It's become a real string to his bow to add to his phenomenal left boot.

Nice work Karl

Amon was unmarked in first quarter, Melbourne goal side, of stoppage - did a great job as an outlet when we won the ball and pressuring / contesting when Melbourne were on the way out resulting in a phenomenal 11 touches.

Once they manned up on him he still contributed another 14 touches for the game both contested and uncontested possessions, which is great to see.

Has to be very close to being our best midfielder right now.

Just so good in both outside and inside roles.

He proved me wrong.

I felt he would never reach his potential or even his potential was not this high.

Well done Amon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he'd been out of contract at the end of 2018 he probably would've been delisted. Sometimes our policy of giving unproven players stupidly long contracts pays off.

If he'd been out of contract at the end of 2018 he probably would've been delisted. Sometimes our policy of giving unproven players stupidly long contracts pays off.

I reckon the fact that no other clubs seemed interested in taking him on at the end of 2018 might've been a bit of a wake up call for Karlos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back