Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

KPI's are set, measures defined and objectives for 2019 set.

Plan will be to set incremental checkpoints and deliverables aligned to the 2019 plan.

There may be instances where a pivot could be deemed necessary, it's fluid and agile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Carlton are "closing in on VFL star Michael Gibbons".

Why didn't they draft Kane Lambert when he was winning a B&F for their VFL team, only to go to Richmond and come third in their B&F in a premiership year ?

Should we draft Tom Wilson?

How many VFL B&F winners end up getting drafted?

Should we draft Tom Wilson?

How many VFL B&F winners end up getting drafted?
Good God, man. He was under your nose.

If you can't identify the talent under your nose give up.

We drafted Fritsch at pick 31 last year, because he was under our nose and won our VFL team's B&F. You know, Like Lambert won yours.

We drafted Fritsch at pick 31 last year, because he was under our nose and won our VFL team's B&F. You know, Like Lambert won yours.

What a ridiculously dumb point. Good on lambert and Richmond. He may (or may not) have had the same or similar mpact playing for a more inferior team in Carlton. I suppose west coast and Fremantle should “give up” because they failed to draft Kelly?

What a ridiculously dumb point. Good on lambert and Richmond. He may (or may not) have had the same or similar mpact playing for a more inferior team in Carlton. I suppose west coast and Fremantle should “give up” because they failed to draft Kelly?
As long as you're OK with it.

I would have been furious if it were my club.

And Kelly was always going to get drafted by West Coast, just not at pick 23 in the ND. Richmond got Lambert as a rookie FFS.

As long as you're OK with it.

I would have been furious if it were my club.

If you’d get furious over that then you’re clueless. Lambert was poached from Northern by the Seaguls and played two seasons at Williamstown before he was rookied. Overlooked by all clubs multiple times. You carry on like Lambert was some obvious choice drafted from right under Carlton’s nose. You’re just being a hindsight hero here.

If you’d get furious over that then you’re clueless. Lambert was poached from Northern by the Seaguls and played two seasons at Williamstown before he was rookied. Overlooked by all clubs multiple times. You carry on like Lambert was some obvious choice drafted from right under Carlton’s nose. You’re just being a hindsight hero here.
He was under your nose.

When my club is paying people to identify and develop talent I'd be furious if they overlooked a quality player under their nose when my team is CRAP.

Naturally, you can please yourself.

He was under your nose.

When my club is paying people to identify and develop talent I'd be furious if they overlooked a quality player under their nose when my team is CRAP.

Naturally, you can please yourself.

Lambert was picked up from Williamstown and not Preston. Was overlooked in 5 drafts.

17 clubs should be furious, but he is a late bloomer. Considerably different player now to what he was when he was drafted.

Wish we did that with Hannan you thieves! Very happy we nabbed Hayes this draft though.

Back