Analysis The Rebuilds of Carlton and Fremantle and their future prospects

Who has the better prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nuh man, I don't run to every Carlton thread and pour fuel on the fire any more after a baggers loss (or win for that matter).. I was quoted for a comment

Can't be ducked dealing with the ineptitude of debate from most Carlton supporters. Arr0w just likes to be an idiot, Juddernaut at least provides some debate, I don't mind when you actually engage instead of vitriol. But hey, let the debate go on if we can all get along with accurate and valid points about our respective sides. I am all for it hence why we continue to come back to BigFooty

inept according to the Oxford dictionary means lack of skill or ability (to debate in this instance)

Evidence suggests this is true and I have fed the trolls before. Am again trying to turn away from poor posting but gets hard to when pot shots or inaccurate information is fed to the real trolls in most threads.

Can't help myself with what ?

Just stating facts that after every loss, a lot of the commentary is from Carlton supporters because, well, Essendon.

Now, if you check a post from Arr0w in Andy McGrath's player thread on the D&T board, he even admitted that the number 1 player taken in the draft is more often than not the best player after the fact but continues to pot Adrian Dodoro for doing so by taking Andy McGrath who is far from a bust.

This is what I am overly critical of. I've put up my hand and owned my posting history as being poor, have tried to change and am attempting to do better now, it gets hard when all you get is smug posters with crap arguments making the same (incorrect) shots over, and over, and over again. It gets hard

You were a troll of the highest order during the preseason and then you wanted to blame others that highlighted your delusional comments, that they were trolling and you are still doing it. Nothing that you stated during that time about our clubs is even close to the mark this year. You really need to stop sooking, it was a major fail, grow up

It's fact that drafting never emulates the position players were taken once you review that order in year's. to come. But, the mistake Dodoro made was picking the smallest midfielder that were rated top 3. This is not an opinion, it is fact

As I said many times, you want to have a balanced discussion about any side, let me know

I'd be concerned about the midfield and fwd line.

Your backline is very good and held up well under shitloads of pressure and a constant barrage.
I think their backline is one of best in the league.
Their small forwards are very very good. Darcy a good ruck that hard to win hit outs against.
A lot there that makes them a hard side to play against. I'm less optimistic about their midfield being elite enough to be up and about when whips are cracking. But they stick to a disciplined style of play for themselves and making the most of their overall ability as a result.
I think they need a genuine class key forward and another genuine class inside mid to really be a premiership threat in September. Their talls are hard to match up against in their forward line and that where their small forwards make them hard to beat overall. It both their strength and weakness that the tall forwards bring small forward into the game, but their key forwards themselves are unlikely to be match turners in big finals.

Essendon supporters were not humble last season and had huge chips on their shoulders because their best player told them to GAGF.

Now the wheel has turned and it’s been a super enjoyable season so far.

Fyfe is really close to the end, I am sorry to say, been an absolute champion and arguably GOAT of Freo, but constant and chronic injuries have clearly taken a toll.
I don’t think you can say that with 2 games after a 12 month lay off. His injury was in his shoulder- so should not impact leap or aerobic ability too much you’d think. We are all guessing at this point but I would be more confident of Fyfe having 3/4 good years left than not. I do think this is the end for Mundy but have said that before and been surprised.

Essendon supporters were not humble last season and had huge chips on their shoulders because their best player told them to GAGF.

Now the wheel has turned and it’s been a super enjoyable season so far.
Oh tell me about it.

Only 3 times in freos history freo has beaten the bombers in Melbourne.

1996 at Waverly park.

2010 in Docklands

2022 in docklands.

David Mundy is the only dockers to play in freos 2010 and 2022 wins.

Crazy to think that. Gutted with freos 3 narrow defeats over Essendon in docklands in that 2019-21 period. Lost by 7 points in 2019, 6 points in 2020 and 7 points in 2021

It weird because we almost set world record on inside 50's against us last week, which kind of fast tracked Lewis Young development because the ball kept coming down there.
And you talk about the rock, paper scissors situation between 3 clubs at Marvel or docklands.

This round: saints lost to freo.

Last round, blues lost to saints

Round before that: freo lost to Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never talk rock, paper scissors. However, I do many times talk bulldozers in relation to Docklands.
Alright.....

Because this is a Freo and Carlton thread.....

Let's talk about both sides last 5 games.....

Carlton have 11 wins and 6 losses with a percentage of 113.4

Giants at marvel
Crows in Adelaide oval
Brisbane in the Gabba
Demons at MCG
Collingwood at MCG

Interesting draw.

Freo have 12 wins and 5 losses with a percentage of 120.6

Tigers in marvel
Demons in Perth
Dogs in marvel
Eagles in Perth
GWS in Manuka/ Canberra.

Tough 3 games for freo coming up

Alright.....

Because this is a Freo and Carlton thread.....

Let's talk about both sides last 5 games.....

Carlton have 11 wins and 6 losses with a percentage of 113.4

Giants at marvel
Crows in Adelaide oval
Brisbane in the Gabba
Demons at MCG
Collingwood at MCG

Interesting draw.

Freo have 12 wins and 5 losses with a percentage of 120.6

Tigers in marvel
Demons in Perth
Dogs in marvel
Eagles in Perth
GWS in Manuka/ Canberra.

Tough 3 games for freo coming up
Think both teams will likely win 3 from 5.
I'm hoping we can win 4 or 5.
Hoping we get Pittonet back this week and McGovern the week after.
I still want to bulldoze Docklands.

Think both teams will likely win 3 from 5.
I'm hoping we can win 4 or 5.
Hoping we get Pittonet back this week and McGovern the week after.
I still want to bulldoze Docklands.
Well..... Will McGovern really improve your side?

Carlton have been solid this season with the Gov.

McGovern is only one player in your 23. I don't think your team's season hinges on him.

Your not bulldozing the docklands mate lol

This ain't America where they make sporting arenas and blow them up after 20 or 30 years.

Saying that, I don't mind IKON park or princes park used once a week.

Well..... Will McGovern really improve your side?
Pittonet will help it more but McGov can add another x-factor from backline and I quite like it.

Carlton have been solid this season with the Gov.
I want to be more than solid...
McGovern is only one player in your 23. I don't think your team's season hinges on him.
It does not hinge on him, but a 3rd tall that an interceptor and attacking kick I like from back half.
Every little bit helps.
So I probably have him before Plowman as the 3rd tall down back if push come to shove.
Marchbank probably trumps them both but not as sure when his body is right to go.

Your not bulldozing the docklands mate lol

A man can dream.

JustaBattler , Laphroaig , Kreuuuzeurns , Elmer_Judd , La Dispute .

Your thoughts on Carlton's run home?

Far from a Boring draw
The answer is 14 wins to make the 8 and I reckon there will be 3-4 teams on 14 wins with percentages splitting them for possies.
There are currently around 16 players yet to be resigned on the list - this year was all about the coaches deciding who they want to keep
Would have been nice to not have 5-6 genuine best 22 unavailable for months - but already season has exceeded my pre-season expectations.

I think the competition is wide open bu Geelong and Melbourne have the MCG game to battle it out.

JustaBattler , Laphroaig , Kreuuuzeurns , Elmer_Judd , La Dispute .

Your thoughts on Carlton's run home?

Far from a Boring draw

Reckon the Blues will drop some more games in the run home and may even fall to 9th.

I genuinely believe finishing 9th would be the best thing that could happen for us this year. The coaching staff & players would be angry about missing out and therefore work even harder on the deficiencies holding us back. It would also give us one more trade & draft period to tighten up the palying list as we still have some deadwood that needs to be dealt with.

Reckon the Blues will drop some more games in the run home and may even fall to 9th.

I genuinely believe finishing 9th would be the best thing that could happen for us this year. The coaching staff & players would be angry about missing out and therefore work even harder on the deficiencies holding us back. It would also give us one more trade & draft period to tighten up the palying list as we still have some deadwood that needs to be dealt with.
this is so silly

Back