The record Nathan Buckley is desperate to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aishole

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Next time there is change at the top, I pray the club look beyond the boys club mentality thats cloaked the club for 50 years and bring in heads who have no previous affiliation with Collingwood. They shouldn’t care about Collingwood, they should only care about success. It’s no surprise that our only two premiership coaches in that time had no history with the club before joining.
The most recent coaching appointments suggest we have gone down that road. Boyd, Selwood, Rivers, Longmuir, Hocking, Gotch.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
The numbers are undeniable, but it speaks more for the change the game has undertaken, IMO. Prior to the professional era clubs went through coaches like they were fresh pairs of undies!

The key to the data is that it’s not a predictor of future success rather a measure of past success. Profiling the list and the data that produces is what really matters.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Correct me if I am wrong but Bucks won a SANFL Granny, understand it was his first year and may have come way too easy.

It is something when you look back at those time, AFL was definitely the goal but SANFL was a pretty reasonable next tier.

With the amount of bad luck Buckley has had with premierships, pretty sure he is as desperate as any one, story could have been so, so different if WC missed that goal last year.

Aah thought it was about Bing Crosby White Christmas EP.
Who?
Just kidding, still one of the best Christmas songs ever

Correct me if I am wrong but Bucks won a SANFL Granny, understand it was his first year and may have come way too easy.

It is something when you look back at those time, AFL was definitely the goal but SANFL was a pretty reasonable next tier.

With the amount of bad luck Buckley has had with premierships, pretty sure he is as desperate as any one, story could have been so, so different if WC missed that goal last year.

He won a premiership in the SANFL in 92, as well as the Jack Oatey medal (bog in gf), Magarey medal (league b and F) and Cahill medal (Port Adelaide b and f). Fair season.

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Malthouse implemented Buckley's game plan in 2010? Lol, spare me.

Why then did Buckley abondon the forward press, as soon as he was appointed in 2012.

Malthouse was put under pressure to win a flag or go.The pressure was on for him after losses in 2002-2003 and a languishing 2009 effort

Every team had worked out our game which was go around the flanks and boundary line instead of playing through the centre.

Buckley was forward coach in 2010 and implemented the lock down forward pressure footy to compliment malthouses predicatble game style that other coaches have adopted and refined.

Buckley had internal problems in 2012 taking over the Malthouse Magpies and had to clear out players cos they wouldn't listen to him plus other coaches and teams like the Hawks and Geelong refined Buckleys ideas and moved ahead of us.......that's why to be a great coach you must come up with continual tweeking to keep ahead of the competition easy to say hard to do.But the 2010 Premiership would not be ours if it was not for Buckley that's why Malthouse does't like him.

The hyphon

Debutant
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah yes i must say so does everyone think that Simpson coached the Wet Toast Eagles to the 2018 flag ??????????

WRONG !!!!!!!! The weagles midfield was coached very well by another soon to be top coach..........Sam Mitchell...he helped coach the eagles to that flag.Why cos we lost that battle in the midfield.....As soon as Michell wanted out the eagles were spewing.

It was Mitchell who sated this year,re our loss in the Preliminary about Grundy's hitouts, He said what's the use of having 40 ineffective tap outs stats are good but toatlly ineffective......He was right.

Help My Club

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah yes i must say so does everyone think that Simpson coached the Wet Toast Eagles to the 2018 flag ??????????

WRONG !!!!!!!! The weagles midfield was coached very well by another soon to be top coach..........Sam Mitchell...he helped coach the eagles to that flag.Why cos we lost that battle in the midfield.....As soon as Michell wanted out the eagles were spewing.

It was Mitchell who sated this year,re our loss in the Preliminary about Grundy's hitouts, He said what's the use of having 40 ineffective tap outs stats are good but toatlly ineffective......He was right.

Quite sincerely, given his background and pedigree, would you have Mitchell at Collingwood, as senior coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back