Autopsy The Red V defeat Bulldogs - Rd 17

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Pyke is the only reason for our improvement this year but he’s been highly influential. More than anyone else, he’s taken us from how we WANTED to play in 2020 to how we DO play in 2021.

Players have highlighted in interviews the impact that Pyke’ has had on the Swans’ game style. Unprompted praise for a coach sometimes happens in relation to personal support but rarely in relation to team performance.

I would be extremely sorry to see Pyke leave before he finishes what he’s started. He clearly works well with Longmire, each offering something different.

I wonder how Pyke would go as a senior coach in the critical area of player relationships. I hope he comes to recognise that Collingwood is not a good space, especially for someone who’s been brutalised before, and to enjoy the success he’s helping to build at Sydney, with far less pressure. There will always be senior coaching positions opening up.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did pyke say he was keen to coach Collingwood?

"It's something (Collingwood job) I'm thinking about at the moment, there's conversations I'm having with my wife and myself, to be honest. Is that the next step for me, is the timing right for me?

"It'll be an alignment of all those things, and I'll reach a decision on what it is and whether I throw my hat in the ring, time will tell."

Why aren't we flag contenders?
A week is a long time in footy and it's only 4 weeks ago we got beaten by the team in 17th

Now that being said, our best (as shown in the past 2 weeks especially) is exceptional. If we can maintain that level there is no reason we can't win every or almost every game from here. The question will be can we maintain it?

A week is a long time in footy and it's only 4 weeks ago we got beaten by the team in 17th

Now that being said, our best (as shown in the past 2 weeks especially) is exceptional. If we can maintain that level there is no reason we can't win every or almost every game from here. The question will be can we maintain it?

Which came right before a bye we were in desperate need of. Have looked fantastic since. Our record against the 8 (y'know, those sides we have to beat to win the flag) is up there with the best in the comp. Just don't see why we're so quick to write off our chances just because the media are only now cottoning on to the fact we're a decent side.

Which came right before a bye we were in desperate need of. Have looked fantastic since. Our record against the 8 (y'know, those sides we have to beat to win the flag) is up there with the best in the comp. Just don't see why we're so quick to write off our chances just because the media are only now cottoning on to the fact we're a decent side.
I think it's less writing us off and more not getting too ahead of ourselves.

Had a look and against Freo and Melbourne (games we lost by under 10 points) we had a quarter in each of those games where we didn't score a goal and against Port we had a half where we kicked 2 goals to 6. Tighten that up and we should be right amongst it

If I had to put a guess out there I'd say we'd lose a semi-final to a Brisbane or Melbourne by about 2-3 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's less writing us off and more not getting too ahead of ourselves.

Had a look and against Freo and Melbourne (games we lost by under 10 points) we had a quarter in each of those games where we didn't score a goal and against Port we had a half where we kicked 2 goals to 6. Tighten that up and we should be right amongst it

If I had to put a guess out there I'd say we'd lose a semi-final to a Brisbane or Melbourne by about 2-3 goals

It's fine not to get too ahead of ourselves (although what we supporters think v how it impacts the players is massively overblown) but I was responding to a comment criticising the media for thinking we could win it.

Brisbane are in shocking form now with Hipwood out for the season, I don't think we'd lose to them.

It’s more robbo jumping on and off a thought and being a victim to the recent moment

Wasn't he responding to Riewoldt's comment from last week and Montagna last night?

It's fine not to get too ahead of ourselves (although what we supporters think v how it impacts the players is massively overblown) but I was responding to a comment criticising the media for thinking we could win it.

Brisbane are in shocking form now with Hipwood out for the season, I don't think we'd lose to them.
Of the current top 4, them in Brisbane and Melbourne are the only ones I wouldn't be quietly confident against

Of the current top 4, them in Brisbane and Melbourne are the only ones I wouldn't be quietly confident against

I'm not quite sure what this post is saying. I'd be confident against Brisbane, Dogs and Geelong as things stand (no Cameron), Dees are probably the biggest issue for us with their style.

I'm not quite sure what this post is saying. I'd be confident against Brisbane, Dogs and Geelong as things stand (no Cameron), Dees are probably the biggest issue for us with their style.
Of the current teams in the top 4, playing Brisbane in Brisbane and playing Melbourne in a semi-final are the sides I would not be confident in defeating in a game of Australian Rules Football.

Of the current teams in the top 4, playing Brisbane in Brisbane and playing Melbourne in a semi-final are the sides I would not be confident in defeating in a game of Australian Rules Football.

The same Brisbane we beat in Round 1 and who just got pumped by the Saints while in the process losing their most dangerous forward to a season ending injury?

This is giving me deja vous all over again to the Port game.

Wasn't he responding to Riewoldt's comment from last week and Montagna last night?

I was watching in a hotel bar , I thought Gerard asked who was most impressive and he went to flag contender

Happy to be corrected

I was watching in a hotel bar , I thought Gerard asked who was most impressive and he went to flag contender

Happy to be corrected

The montage they played before they spoke was Montagna and Riewoldt's comments, and the conversation was kicked off in that context. Robbo was basically saying he agreed with those two that we're in the conversation and that we've played the best football this year in the Dogs win.

The same Brisbane we beat in Round 1 and who just got pumped by the Saints while in the process losing their most dangerous forward to a season ending injury?
I don't take stock of much that happens that early on in a season and admittedly, I haven't watched the Lions vs Saints game yet.

But it's just a gut feel, mate. If we can keep up our current style and more importantly consistency within matches for the rest of the season we will be up there

This is giving me deja vous all over again to the Port game.
Most dangerous forward?

He is tracking alright but not there most dangerous

A lot of teams have of days also and they were travelling well

Remember us loosing to the hawks , freo and gc lol or Melbourne drippikg the crows

Most dangerous forward?

He is tracking alright but not there most dangerous

A lot of teams have of days also and they were travelling well

Remember us loosing to the hawks , freo and gc lol or Melbourne drippikg the crows

Who's their most dangerous? Charlie massively out of form and Daniher blowing hot and cold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back