Redbacks Thread - 362 days spoon-free

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
McSweeney tons up

Whispers pretty strong that Qld are going to try to entice him back. Would be a disaster for us

I heard similar too but read in the paper not long ago he's got another 3 years on his contract here. I'd like to think state cricket contracts are worth slightly more than those in the AFL... If he sticks around then I'd say there's a fair chance he skippers the team.

I think Lehmann deserves a little bit of credit for how he's captained the side but I think it's time to move on.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Redbacks win - not a misprint!
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So if I am working this out right

if WA beat Vic then WA finish top and play Tassie in WA and if Vic win they finish 2nd and play Tassie in Tassie?

That's if I am working it out right as I am not sure whether the bonus points already been added from the first innings.
You got it spot on, mind you the table on ESPN has Tassie top still

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The Tim Nielsen replacement will be interesting

I wonder if our English CEO will go for a countryman
Tough sell isnt it.

Want to join a team that hasnt won a 6 team comp in 20 years? A team with no genuine state development and relies heavily on attracting other states players that are either not quite good enough, or not good enough yet !

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Tough sell isnt it.

Want to join a team that hasnt won a 6 team comp in 20 years? A team with no genuine state development and relies heavily on attracting other states players that are either not quite good enough, or not good enough yet !
Graham Manou is my tip for what it's worth

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Supposedly the Redbacks are trying to recruit Ashton Agar and South African Dean Elgar for next season
Interesting, I do like that they have always been open to recruiting from overseas:- Flower, Khan(?), Botha etc.

Agar is pretty meh in 4 day cricket though, I’d love them to have a crack at Kuhnemann from QLD.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Back