Redbacks Thread - 362 days spoon-free

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
He's on track to finish as Australia's 3rd highest wicket taker, behind McGrath & Warne. Yesterday he overtook Jason Gillespie, becoming Australia's 7th highest wicket taker.

As DABM says, he's easily Australia's GOAT off-spinner - and it's daylight second. How he stacks up against the leg spinners is harder to judge, but the numbers he'll end up with will rank him very highly.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So obviously Cricket Australia felt it was time for the Strikers to spend time down the bottom after a good few years.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
So obviously Cricket Australia felt it was time for the Strikers to spend time down the bottom after a good few years.
At least our team will remain stable during the international commitments

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
When your big recruits are Jono Wells, Peter Siddle, a South African bloke no one has ever heard of and an Afghani you're in for a poor BBL

Is the Afghani the leg spinner?

If it is, you are going to be impressed

Ho ho, it is him too, kid bowls a killer wrong un, absolute killer.

Also, Ingram is a fairly decent T20 player (South African), massive hitter.

Now that I have said that....Siddle, WTF?

On the positive, he won't be taken from us come finals, though we may wish he was. Hitting a length at the same pace every delivery, seems like a formula for success in 20/20

Last edited:

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
When your big recruits are Jono Wells, Peter Siddle, a South African bloke no one has ever heard of and an Afghani you're in for a poor BBL

Wash your mouth out, Rashid Khan is a brilliant get. T20 bowling average of 15 and economy rate of under 6. If he performs close to IPL/CPL standard then he will have a massive impact for the side.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Wash your mouth out, Rashid Khan is a brilliant get. T20 bowling average of 15 and economy rate of under 6. If he performs close to IPL/CPL standard then he will have a massive impact for the side.

The highlights of the CPL hattrick were pretty sexy.

I maintain it's building up as one of the least exciting squads ever. Particularly given you'd think Head's a good shot for spending much of January with the ODI team.

Hell, let's assume Wade implodes and Carey takes the gloves off him. We'll be watching a Strikers of:

Jono Dean
Jake Weatherald
Kelvin Smith
Jake Lehmann
Colin Ingram
Jono Wells
Harry Nielsen
Michael Neser
Rashid Khan
Ben Laughlin
Peter Siddle

Terrifying.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Very underwhelming but Khan is a very shrewd signing, he will be a very handy addition.

Batting looks very thin

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
The highlights of the CPL hattrick were pretty sexy.

I maintain it's building up as one of the least exciting squads ever. Particularly given you'd think Head's a good shot for spending much of January with the ODI team.

Hell, let's assume Wade implodes and Carey takes the gloves off him. We'll be watching a Strikers of:

Jono Dean
Jake Weatherald
Kelvin Smith
Jake Lehmann
Colin Ingram
Jono Wells
Harry Nielsen
Michael Neser
Rashid Khan
Ben Laughlin
Peter Siddle

Terrifying.
Even with Head and Carey - that side seems really weak. SURELY we can't play Siddle.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Even with Head and Carey - that side seems really weak. SURELY we can't play Siddle.
Given how ordinary it is I hope we use a few of the Redbacks rookies and younger guys to flesh out our squad. At least give them some exposure to a high level and get something out of it.

The SACA board vote options are less than encouraging - a guy who tries to hire designers with exposure instead of money and wants to be the wolf of wall street, a Liberal campaign manager (though she seems to be a moderate), a construction executive who is at least smart enough to hide all the social media s**t the wolf of wall street up there left in the open, an ex-Bangladeshi national team doctor who has only been a member since 2014, and the 3 disappointing incumbents.

Last edited:
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
All kicks off tomorrow :)

Playing against our traditional rivals, the CA XI...

I'm hearing whispers that Sayers' broken finger is pretty bad. Possible nerve damage up the arm, could be half a season :eek:

I stress that this is not concrete info AT ALL. Very vague whispers only. But I'm still in tears and writing us off in all competitions instantly.

My tip on our team:
Weatherald
Carey (wk)
Ferguson (c)
Cooper
Lehmann
Ross
Valente
Andrews
Mennie
Worrall
+ one... Smith if it's a batter. Otherwise Winter if it's a bowler. Johnson and Cormack to miss.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Still strong enough to get it done against most sides, but if he doesn't play much Shield cricket........

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Not a great batting effort first up.

Back