Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

The Strikers sure made renewing your membership as painful as possible.

I give you the hot tip - just say you're a new member. It's a breeze signing up as a new member. You have to jump through hoops to find out you can only renew over the phone.

Redbacks 2/112 at lunch after losing Weatherald and Ferguson in the first few overs. Ferguson bowled for a duck without offering a shot.
Head and McInerney steadying the ship.

So of all our prospective Test batsmen, none have actually made a decent fist of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Redbacks lose again.

We have now won two matches in the competition out of our last 15 and not won in 7 games.

I don't think anyone knows what the answer is but the same problems continue.

Siddons will need to turn it around after the BBL break or he may have to go.

no, losing isn't the issue.

they have now given the chance for Cricket Australia to pick Shaun Marsh.

I am really starting to hate the redbacks.
Marsh was always going to make runs regardless of who he played, it's what he does.

I loved the line "He silenced his critics". No he didnt, he made more runs in Shield cricket again.

I think Bowling wise we have done okay, Pope didn't do any damage today but I am prepared to give a guy that age time. Zampa is still the preferred choice.

I think between Carey and Neilsen we have the keeping position covered.

That leaves the top 6 and I think it all comes down to the players being too comfortable. There is not enough pressure on these guys to make runs consistently in particular when the game is in the balance.

Last edited:
I think Bowling wise we have done okay, Pope didn't do any damage today but I am prepared to give a guy that age l time. Zampa is still the preferred choice.

I think betwern Carey and Neilsen we have the keeping position covered.

That leaves the top 6 and I think it all comes down to the players being too comfortable. There is not enough pressure on these guys to make runs consistently in particular when the game is in the balance.
The 2nd XI guys are making a fair few runs this year, the pressure SHOULD be on.

It is a tough wicket to bat on but the Redbacks are collapsing yet again. Some real bad shots and some guys really struggling for form. Not good enough.

It is a tough wicket to bat on but the Redbacks are collapsing yet again. Some real bad shots and some guys really struggling for form. Not good enough.
Its a symptom of Australian cricket in general. As soon as it gets difficult we fold.

And watch them make 400 and make it look easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back