The redfaced pissheads' A-League betting thread

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone else into this?

People over in the UK love betting on this comp. mostly with exotics. the thin spread of quality and Matt Simon still starting regularly means there's plenty of errant shots. sometimes they go in and sometimes they go out for corners. there's barely ever a 0-0 which makes for stuff like goal each half worthwhile. heaps of corners too. most clubs average 2-3 more than English sides.

My general ritual is plunker five down in the arvo, reading the stats, and forming a multi on each game or even some overlap. by Sunday night, that Central Coast Mariners-Wellington Phoenix tie has some real bite and emotional investment in it... desperately hoping for two more corners and for the scores to stay the same. still forming some bets at the moment. keen to see some ideas.

Couldn't find a thread, sorry if there's one.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wellington-Wanderers. bit hard on da boiysze here maaaate, $3 for a win is a bit insulting considering they're 4th and Wellington's a point away from last. Nix haven't won in nearly a month either and they're not especially a traditionally intimidating home side. went for:
– Western Sydney Wanderers to win
– Western Sydney Wanderers over 1.5 goals
– over 0.5 goals in the first half
= 4.20

Also not minding Victory to score first v Western United but lose (get a better name so I don't have to type it out fully all the time) at 4.90ish is pretty good. also 4.50 for Victory to just lead at 30 minutes. reckon there'll be an early goal, can see Berisha scoring, and also think it could be a pretty good game. I'm thinking 3-2. anyone know someone other than Sportsbet who'll allow this as a multi?

Otherwise, going to wait for the goalscorer and corner markets to open up. they're nice padders.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne City kicking four past the Glory: not impossible. paying 11 bucks. McLaren could have a field day himself. Glory travel miserably to Melbourne.

Do they have a bit more of a spread than sportsbet? don't make me question my allegiance to the lovely folks at sportsbet...

They generally have less markets and worse prices.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How the * did Perth Glory manage to win 3-0? sheeeeshus. anyone know how much that was paying?

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Should be a few goals in United v victory,Adelaide were terrible last week can they bounce back ?

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Newcastle are at $5.00 to beat the Glory. yeah yeah it's at Perth Oval but the Jets are also w-w-d and Glory are l-l-d.

Otherwise I've locked in Sydney FC (2.30) away to Wellington, City at 1.98 to beat Victory, and a draw tonight for Wanderers-Western. paying a nice 70-odd bucks. not beyond the realms.

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Newcastle are at $5.00 to beat the Glory. yeah yeah it's at Perth Oval but the Jets are also w-w-d and Glory are l-l-d.

Otherwise I've locked in Sydney FC (2.30) away to Wellington, City at 1.98 to beat Victory, and a draw tonight for Wanderers-Western. paying a nice 70-odd bucks. not beyond the realms.
Well done, I got Sydney at 2.10

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nabboooot looked like a man possessed in those first 10 minutes but he's done nothing since. Toivenen down will suit City but McLaren has done naff all.

These Melbourne derbies always seem to fancy the underdog and Victory should never be a 5 dollar team. too well run to be that far out. dumb going City.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
- both teams to score
- over 1.5 goals
- under 5.5 goals
- a goal scored in both halves
- over 11 corners
- Jamie Maclaren to score
- Victory win

Put this on before, paying about 45 bucks.

3-1 is probably my bet at this point but can see City somehow getting back into this... Toivenen a decent chance to barely play again this game?

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Nabbout to score at 6 bucks isn't bad, he was a man determined the other week v City. well, for the first 10 minutes before he blew out. against his old club too who don't especially like him since he dogged them for the Victory. thoughts? 2.20 is prob unders as well, Newcastle are dead bottom and havent won in a month (and lost basically all of them).

Flogging on the cards?

Fabab

Premiership Player
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Le fonder anytime scorer and Sydney by 2 or more.
Although normally a team that sacks the coach usually go ok the game after.

Reveen

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
not GWS
nearly a million bucks bet on Melbourne City v Wanderers on Betfair exchange. With whole of Europe and most of Asia cancelling games, the worlds attention is on the A-League.
More exposure has resulted in some classic negative comments on Betfair forum by bored poms:

"The pay must be very low maybe minimum wage"

Not going to lie can't disagree re: lack of quality.

More exposure has resulted in some classic negative comments on Betfair forum by bored poms:

"The pay must be very low maybe minimum wage"

Not going to lie can't disagree re: lack of quality.

It's fair - I used to be a Victory member but moved to the UK for a few years and on return I just can't watch the league any more. The quality (especially in the attacking third) is absolutely abysmal - there is no point in watching it.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
The A-League is a league i watch now, when there are no other decent sports events on at the same time. There is no cricket, no AFL, no basketball , and I think league and union are sports that are dieing.

There aint much to do on a Saturday night especially with the coronavirus affecting what we can do outside and the sporting events going on around the world. A normal A-League match would be lucky to get around $100,000 AUD bet on the match but yeah its usually that late evening Saturday night or Friday night game that attracts alot of money from overseas markets.

I dont mind watching a few A-League teams competing against Asian teams in the Champions league, we usually do get found out against these 'better teams'. The standard in Japan, Korea and China is higher than the A-League. But yeah A-League is something I would bet on, if there is nothing much major going on at the same time.

Back