The Registered Organisations Commission; Shorten; Cash

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been watching this over the late footy season, finals etc, but can anyone give us a run down of the major events?

From what I can see, and have been told by my comrades down at union hall, the ROC was set up to go after GetUp ?

Shorten gave them $100k of union money for a seat on their board or something?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...n/news-story/8b9c96908a5dbe7fba4d99af10442e81

The Michaelia Cash thread says that Cash is the devil incarnate. She referred GetUp to the ROC so the AFP could raid the AWU under the watchful eye of the MSM?

Fill me in on the timeline, SRP, so that I may avoid reading the papers.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Ok summary as I know it.

1. Raid on AWU premises done by AFP, media presence for the perp walk is organised
2. Investigation done on how media got wind of it.
3. Focus placed on Cash
4. Cash gets grilled by the Senate and denies it 5 times that she was the source of the leak
5. After Cash's grilling ceases, it gets announced her staffer released the information to the media for the perp walk
6. Cash then gets recalled into the Senate to talk it over and denies that she knew her staffer was the source.

• Admin
Ok summary as I know it.

1. Raid on AWU premises done by AFP, media presence for the perp walk is organised
2. Investigation done on how media got wind of it.
3. Focus placed on Cash
4. Cash gets grilled by the Senate and denies it 5 times that she was the source of the leak
5. After Cash's grilling ceases, it gets announced her staffer released the information to the media for the perp walk
6. Cash then gets recalled into the Senate to talk it over and denies that she knew her staffer was the source.
Cool - prior to that, though? Set up of the ROC and so on?

Cool - prior to that, though? Set up of the ROC and so on?

Began in May 2017 to oversee organisations registered under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009, and helps them to understand their obligations.

Works closely with the FWC and is set up to deal with both sides of the coin (i.e Employer and Employee Associations) and suspected breaches by those parties.

In the main, its set up to be similar to the ABCC but more overarching.

Personally i'd never heard of the ROC until tuesday so i can't help you there.

All i can say from where i came in was QT on Tuesday when Shorten asked Turnbull about a report stating the AFP had had to let a drug shipment through due to lack of resources associated with " having to guard the PM's residence "

To me it was Shorten stirring up s**t between the PM and the Ground Apple Peter Dutton and it struck a nerve.

The libs were apoplectic , most likely over the fact that there was a leak.
2 hours later we see the raids
I've already stated i don't think the raids were aimed at Bill Shorten but moreso GETUP! ( google Getup Peter Dutton )

Pure speculation what's gone on in those 2 hours but in my personal opinion it has Dutton and Abbotts prints all over it.

HUGE stakes at play here imo

All i can say from where i came in was QT on Tuesday when Shorten asked Turnbull about a report stating the AFP had had to let a drug shipment through due to lack of resources associated with " having to guard the PM's residence "

To me it was Shorten stirring up s**t between the PM and the Ground Apple Peter Dutton and it struck a nerve.

The libs were apoplectic , most likely over the fact that there was a leak.
2 hours later we see the raids
I've already stated i don't think the raids were aimed at Bill Shorten but moreso GETUP! ( google Getup Peter Dutton )

Pure speculation what's gone on in those 2 hours but in my personal opinion it has Dutton and Abbotts prints all over it.

HUGE stakes at play here imo
My take is it's part of a pattern to discredit Shorten by Turnbull and his cronies. Age old political tactic honed by the reactionaries.

Can't really see how this benefits the Mad Monk whose life's work these days is the destruction of Turnbull.

The RO bill was also the trigger for the DD it's been nothing but a pain in the government's arse from the get go. That's what comes when you put politics and revenge ahead of governing.
The reactionaries are hell bent on destroying the union movement because it is labors base. And the ROC is one means of achieving that objective.

To all intents and purposes having a one party system would be their version of the promised land. Hell for the battlers.

The reactionaries are hell bent on destroying the union movement because it is labors base. And the ROC is one means of achieving that objective.

To all intents and purposes having a one party system would be their version of the promised land. Hell for the battlers.
It will never happen.

In fact, due to workers conditions and rights continually being attacked, I can see a resurgence in union membership at some stage. Not necessarily in my lifetime of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st question in QT

Shorten - " Malcolm , WTF mate ??? "
Mal - " But Labor !!!! "

They're dead
They're sooooooo dead
The funniest thing is this government pretending to be friends of the worker.

It will never happen.

In fact, due to workers conditions and rights continually being attacked, I can see a resurgence in union membership at some stage. Not necessarily in my lifetime of course.

I agree it is a pipe dream. That said, union membership is on the decline and the great unwashed are as gullible as.... Still can't fathom why the 'Howard's battlers' con ever worked.

A synopsis of the whole shambolic political exercise is here.

I agree it is a pipe dream. That said, union membership is on the decline and the great unwashed are as gullible as.... Still can't fathom why the 'Howard's battlers' con ever worked.

A synopsis of the whole shambolic political exercise is here.

Google - Wizards first rule

Yep. The ABC dutifully spread that story just after Their GetUp was getting linked to dodginess.

Apparently 22 people out of 6,500 is enough to throw entire drug smuggling operations in to disarray.

As for the ROC, its the ABCC without the Senate allowing the Coalition to set up the ABCC (because Labor and the Greens dont like Unions being investigated for committing crimes).

I think the first time a "witch hunt" has been instigated by a witch.....No?

She should resign and return to her former job of "mouthing vowels" for the hard of seeing.

Genuine oxygen thief who has set women's equality back a decade.

It's a spectacular own goal by the government. Cash should probably go and hopefully Turnbull not far behind her.

But Shorten and the AWU do have questions to answer. The ROC say they requested documents concerning the $100,000 donation to Getup but were refused. Hence the referral to the AFP. The AWU claim they are cooperating but launched a Federal Court injunction to prevent the ROC getting access to the internal documents. The donation does not show up in the public documents by the AWU. Surely AWU members have a right to know where their money is going? Especially when the recipient has campaigned against projects where AWU members could be employed. Was the $100,000 properly approved and documented?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back