Streaming The Rehearsal (Nathan Fielder)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Angela is a Loon, but so is Nathan. I mean what is his point for all of this, it's some kind of experiment for him to get in other people's 'skins'? He's obviously a meticulous and highly intelligent man, but what is the point? I don't buy that it's just entertainment and I also feel like he is acting it up, on a Sacha Baron Chohen type of level.

I've finished Ep 4 and it's just someone acting pretending to be acting. What am I missing apart from the elaborate set ups for just people play acting?
What is the point of anything though? Nathan continually tries to poke fun at humans and the things we do.

I believe the final episode will Probably end up being that the whole thing has been a rehearsal for himself and everyone else has been acting the whole time or that everyone is real but it’s been about him and not the subjects.

I loved the first 5 eps, but I was very uncomfortable and not in a good way with episode 6. Have calmed a bit having seen Remy's grandma on social media day that he's fine, but that episode seemed to cross a line in a way that I haven't seen any of the Nathan's stuff do before.

Yes agree totally JackNah_8

I think the last two episodes were a slide in quality

Would have been content to have ended at Ep 4 tbh when he came down the slide
Agree, that would've been a good ending instead of watching Remy struggle to understand why Nathan wasn't his dad.

Did the show have therapist on set?

Some comments in this thread… You know none of this is real, right?

Eh unless Remy is the greatest child actor that ever lived, that was for sure a real, and normal emotion he experienced. Doesn't mean he's gonna wear that for the rest of his life, but those are the kinda of ethical questions the show's grappling with.

Eh unless Remy is the greatest child actor that ever lived, that was for sure a real, and normal emotion he experienced. Doesn't mean he's gonna wear that for the rest of his life, but those are the kinda of ethical questions the show's grappling with.
I actually thought him crying on the couch is what gives it away as being not real

The other kid that played Adam was a child actor and did a good job. Not sure about Remy, his reactions seemed real.

Even if they are child actors, they will still struggle with the concept especially without a script and right support on set

I think Nathan said, he posted a listing on Craigslist and the mum/Amber applied to be on the show.

Last edited:
This was the strangest experience watching TV I've had. Not sure what I got out of it other than being perplexed but it was uniquely compelling/disturbing. Preferred Nathan For You as it's funnier but Nathan is a genius in creating original ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the strangest experience watching TV I've had. Not sure what I got out of it other than being perplexed but it was uniquely compelling/disturbing. Preferred Nathan For You as it's funnier but Nathan is a genius in creating original ideas.
Wasn’t it

Took such a right turn after Ep 1

I reckon I would have been more satisfied with him solving different dilemmas each week

Instead….😳🤔🫤

Wasn’t it

Took such a right turn after Ep 1

I reckon I would have been more satisfied with him solving different dilemmas each week

Instead….😳🤔🫤
A day removed from the finale and I still can't grasp what that was about.
Keep thinking about random things like winter-fying the house, to Nathan giving the answers to trivia whilst walking around to watching his fake self give his acting class to pretending to go to swimming lessons with the kid.
Never before has someone gone to great lengths for seemingly trivial bits that might actually be meaningful. Just so strange.
Anyway apparently there's a season 2 in the works to further break my brain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back