List Mgmt. The reincarnation of #29

Should #29 come out of retirement as a list number for 2019?

• Yes, and Hogan should wear it

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Yes, and somebody other than Hogan should war it

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • No, and it never should. Pav forever <3

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • No, but maybe sometime in the future

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is a draftee with leadership qualities around our Pick 14 mark??
I feel Fremantle have very much someone specific in mind with Pav's 29

Haha, if Fyfe took the jumper.

His brand would have to be F29, which is a plane.

51PRv9j3faL._SY445_.jpg

A plane with a name like this.:think:
The F29 didn’t go anywhere though.

Who is a draftee with leadership qualities around our Pick 14 mark??
I feel Fremantle have very much someone specific in mind with Pav's 29
Ian Hill - WA u18s Captain
Xavier O'Halloran - Vic Metro u18s Captain
Luke Valente - SA u18s Captain
Jye Caldwell - Vic Country u18s Co-Captain (yeah no chance he is there at our pick though - his co-captain Sam Walsh though? ha ha)
Chayce Jones - Allies u18s Captain

Future co-captain for mine... Valente

Why co-captain? Who do you foresee him sharing it with?
I feel as though we haven't had much success with joint captains and would be surprised and a bit disappointed if it was to eventuate.

Hope it's anyone but Valente personally. South Australian and leadership traits will mean comparisons and expectations in line with the great man.

Nothing worse for any professional than living in someone else's shadow. Players always want to carve their own career and reputation.

Will be offered to Sturt first, apparently

That's exactly what I suggested elsewhere. It will either be Sturt or Schultz. 27, 28, 29 all available, so it there's no logical reason to "favourite" the second pick with the most famous number in our club's short history.

They either have to just go in order - Sturt 27, Valente 28, Schultz 29; or offer it to the first pick first.

Then Valente can have 27, Schultz 28 and Bewley 34, Watson 35 and Carter 45.

If Sturt doesn't want 29 - and sheesh, as a draftee, you'd have to have some very large cojunes to turn it down if it's offered, then Valente gets offered it as second pick. Different scenario to Hogan saying 'no thanks', I think if it's offered to Sturt, he'll grab it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's exactly what I suggested elsewhere. It will either be Sturt or Schultz. 27, 28, 29 all available, so it there's no logical reason to "favourite" the second pick with the most famous number in our club's short history.

They either have to just go in order - Sturt 27, Valente 28, Schultz 29; or offer it to the first pick first.

Then Valente can have 27, Schultz 28 and Bewley 34, Watson 35 and Carter 45.

If Sturt doesn't want 29 - and sheesh, as a draftee, you'd have to have some very large cojunes to turn it down if it's offered, then Valente gets offered it as second pick. Different scenario to Hogan saying 'no thanks', I think if it's offered to Sturt, he'll grab it.
Yes I can understand why Hogan didn't want it, but I would love to see Sturt or Valente have it. Sturt was considered best available so he should be given first dibs. Although having another long-term SA player wear it is also quite appealing to me. Especially, a guy like Valente

I reckon just offer it to the first round draftee each year. Something like what Collingwood have done with 35.

This is a spot on idea. I didn't know Collingwood did this until this draft. It would take the pressure off whoever wears it since they would be "giving it back" to the club after one year. It also honors Pav every year when they give it out.

Great choice. BUT think we should’ve made history and retire his number permanently and be the first AFL team to do so.

Think Hogan taking 11 is better for him anyway, because being a Freo supporter himself, the pressure and intense scrunity to have 29 would be huge. Pav being a CHF/FF will only just create overexaggeration of comparisons between the legend and Hogan.

Far out how far up own arse do people want us to be?

Pavlich while a champion in almost every aspect said he wanted it out there, plus tbh... the number is missing something significantly important attached to it and that's a premiership.

I find it highly inappropriate to retire a number/celebrate a number where other clubs haven't even with vastly more successful reasons to do so.

I'm glad they gave it to Valente as a mid and not a forward. As others have said, will reduce the pressure for comparison.

I'm just disappointed reading on a nearby blue and yellow board that while Valente was already hitting legendary status and future star up to Friday morning, by Friday afternoon he seems now to have lost all his footy skills and leadership qualities and will likely be a bust. Quite disappointing really.

I am glad that they have given it to Valetne.I would have been happy with who ever got it.It is a number on the back of our wonderful jumper, no more.
Did we ever consider retiring Luke McPharlin, or Peter Bells number!!!!

I'm glad they gave it to Valente as a mid and not a forward. As others have said, will reduce the pressure for comparison.

I'm just disappointed reading on a nearby blue and yellow board that while Valente was already hitting legendary status and future star up to Friday morning, by Friday afternoon he seems now to have lost all his footy skills and leadership qualities and will likely be a bust. Quite disappointing really.
Wasn't Pav an all australian mid though? :p

Back