Easty

The King
Mar 8, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Plymouth Argyle, Leicester
The M23 Derby (I still don't understand why this is a thing) is a massive game in the context of relegation. Brighton win and it probably makes it a race of 5 for the 3 relegation spots. Unfortunately, I don't think they will win it however.

SarahSmiles

Proud owner of the 1,999,999th post on the S.F.A.
Oct 2, 2017
Stuck on PTV
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, AFC Wimbledon, Renegades
I can't see Brighton going down, they've showed just enough so far and I reckon similar to last season that they'll just fall over the line, hopefully with a bit more breathing room this season

Milang_Panthers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders,Crystal Palace F.C
The M23 Derby (I still don't understand why this is a thing) is a massive game in the context of relegation. Brighton win and it probably makes it a race of 5 for the 3 relegation spots. Unfortunately, I don't think they will win it however.
Started in the '70s after a series close hostile matches and has kind of continued from there. To be honest I think Palace are actually the closest professional club to Brighton anyway so I guess that's kind of 'local'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Texas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
At least I'm not Bobby Madley
We have a good record against Southampton recently, although after we beat em just before Christmas they've been on a super run.

Feels like a must win, although I said that about the Brighton game also.

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes Brighton definitely in the shit now. Didn’t consider them as a big chance to go as ive still got that 3-0 mauling they gave us in the memory bank, but they’re on a dreadful run. With Norwich winning all three places could potentially be decided in the final couple of weeks

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
What a battle it is going to be after Watford did us. Can't rule out Norwich yet. Seems like all teams in the relegation zone have stepped it up apart from Brighton.

DBAH0

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Texas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
At least I'm not Bobby Madley
I think if we can get a win in the next 3 games considering our run home, we'll just be safe.

I think the Geordies will be in the mix at the end of the season also, haven't won in 5 now.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wolves reach 40 points after a 3-2 win over Spurs.

Matchday 29 is a chance for Burnley to reach 40 if they can beat Spurs at home, same goes for Everton if they can beat Chelsea away, and Arsenal if they can beat West Ham at home.

Villa have a game in hand and can get out of the relegation zone if they beat Leicester away.

Norwich need to back up their win over Leicester with one over Sheff Utd since they are 6 points + 10 GD away from safety.

Bournemouth are away to Liverpool, and Watford are away to Palace. Only 1 GD separates 17th and 18th.

Other games: Wolves vs Brighton, Soton vs Newcastle.
Untitled1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Southampton getting dragged back into it a tad. Burnley, Palace and Everton are all well out of it and a bit pointless being included in this battle. It’s still pretty much certain to be three from the current bottom six

roo2macca

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
Warehouse
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Southampton getting dragged back into it a tad. Burnley, Palace and Everton are all well out of it and a bit pointless being included in this battle. It’s still pretty much certain to be three from the current bottom six
Southampton should be fine, same with Newcastle, that win probably keeps them safe for another season.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Everton fails to beat Chelsea.

Tonight: Villa are away to Leicester. Villa have 2 games in hand, but need to win at least 1 of them, 2 draws isn't enough at this stage.
Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom