The Relegation Battle 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

The M23 Derby (I still don't understand why this is a thing) is a massive game in the context of relegation. Brighton win and it probably makes it a race of 5 for the 3 relegation spots. Unfortunately, I don't think they will win it however.

I can't see Brighton going down, they've showed just enough so far and I reckon similar to last season that they'll just fall over the line, hopefully with a bit more breathing room this season

The M23 Derby (I still don't understand why this is a thing) is a massive game in the context of relegation. Brighton win and it probably makes it a race of 5 for the 3 relegation spots. Unfortunately, I don't think they will win it however.
Started in the '70s after a series close hostile matches and has kind of continued from there. To be honest I think Palace are actually the closest professional club to Brighton anyway so I guess that's kind of 'local'.

Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich to go down for me. West Ham and Villa will survive - just

We have a good record against Southampton recently, although after we beat em just before Christmas they've been on a super run.

Feels like a must win, although I said that about the Brighton game also.

Yes Brighton definitely in the s**t now. Didn’t consider them as a big chance to go as ive still got that 3-0 mauling they gave us in the memory bank, but they’re on a dreadful run. With Norwich winning all three places could potentially be decided in the final couple of weeks

I think if we can get a win in the next 3 games considering our run home, we'll just be safe.

I think the Geordies will be in the mix at the end of the season also, haven't won in 5 now.

Wolves reach 40 points after a 3-2 win over Spurs.

Matchday 29 is a chance for Burnley to reach 40 if they can beat Spurs at home, same goes for Everton if they can beat Chelsea away, and Arsenal if they can beat West Ham at home.

Villa have a game in hand and can get out of the relegation zone if they beat Leicester away.

Norwich need to back up their win over Leicester with one over Sheff Utd since they are 6 points + 10 GD away from safety.

Bournemouth are away to Liverpool, and Watford are away to Palace. Only 1 GD separates 17th and 18th.

Other games: Wolves vs Brighton, Soton vs Newcastle.
Untitled1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southampton getting dragged back into it a tad. Burnley, Palace and Everton are all well out of it and a bit pointless being included in this battle. It’s still pretty much certain to be three from the current bottom six

Southampton getting dragged back into it a tad. Burnley, Palace and Everton are all well out of it and a bit pointless being included in this battle. It’s still pretty much certain to be three from the current bottom six
Southampton should be fine, same with Newcastle, that win probably keeps them safe for another season.

Reckon it may come down to us vs. Villa on the final day.

Bournemouth are the wild card, we know they can go on a run in seasons past, and they did a little bit before the covid break, but they just haven't looked likely for most of the season.

This Matchday:
Brighton
are away to Leicester.
West Ham who are only 3 GD out of the relegation zone are away to Tottenham.
Norwich will be desperate to get a result against Everton. A win for Everton would see them reach 40 points.
Bournemouth are away to Wolves, they'll need a decent result to get out of the relegation zone. (They could also lose just hope Spurs smash West Ham by a bunch of goals).
Newcastle are 2 points from the 40, Villa need a win and for other results to go their way.
Soton are at home to Arsenal, a win would see them on 40 points.
Once again, Burnley need a point, this time against Watford (who would also like to distance themselves from the teams below).
1592861256747.png

The current bottom 3 will be relegated. Brighton, big win against Arsenal, will hold on and West Ham and Watford are too good to be relegated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back