Toast The Renaissance of Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

NARROWING his focus at the start of 2021 and realising he "doesn't have to be everything" as a player has been a key reason behind Port Adelaide star Ollie Wines' career-best form.

Having lost sight of what his one wood was through a challenging and injury-interrupted period, the midfielder has homed back in on the contested strengths that make him one of the best of his kind.

Putting the shin, foot and shoulder injuries he has battled in recent seasons behind him has also been critical, with the combination of confidence, fitness and clarity in his role driving a standout season.

"It's been about accepting where he fits in the scheme of things and understanding he doesn't have to be everything for the team," Power midfield coach Jarrad Schofield told AFL.com.au.

According to afl.com.au's Riley Beveridge Wines isnt in the top 7
Walsh, Petracca, Miller, Steele, Parish, Oliver and Bont are all in front of Ollie
6 out of the top 7 are Victorians (how surprising)

AFL.COM.AU BROWNLOW PREDICTOR
29 Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
25 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)
23 Darcy Parish (Essendon)
22 Jack Steele (St Kilda)
20 Touk Miller (Gold Coast)*
20 Christian Petracca (Melbourne)
20 Sam Walsh (Carlton)

According to afl.com.au's Riley Beveridge Wines isnt in the top 7
Walsh, Petracca, Miller, Steele, Parish, Oliver and Bont are all in front of Ollie
6 out of the top 7 are Victorians (how surprising)

AFL.COM.AU BROWNLOW PREDICTOR
29 Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
25 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)
23 Darcy Parish (Essendon)
22 Jack Steele (St Kilda)
20 Touk Miller (Gold Coast)*
20 Christian Petracca (Melbourne)
20 Sam Walsh (Carlton)

Darcy parish had a good month but is basically another Tom Mitchell Matt crouch stat collecting plodder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie absolutely should win it this yr surely MacRae takes votes of Bont like Petrac and Oliver.

34 touches - half of them contested, and he went at 82% efficiency, 9 tackles and a goal to boot. I said in the game day thread Hinkley needed to give Ollie a rev up tonight asking him if he wants the Brownlow, and tonight was a Brownlow winning performance. Superstar.

34 touches - half of them contested, and he went at 82% efficiency, 9 tackles and a goal to boot. I said in the game day thread Hinkley needed to give Ollie a rev up tonight asking him if he wants the Brownlow, and tonight was a Brownlow winning performance. Superstar.
12 disposals and a goal in the last quarter.
Stood up when it really mattered.

2 goals

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Afl.com brownlow predictor had ollie at 17 votes 12 behind bontempelli

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dusty won the AFL's Brownlow predictor in 2018. They tend to * it up a little bit on purpose I assume so that they're not spoiling it when it seems close.

Dusty won the AFL's Brownlow predictor in 2018. They tend to fu** it up a little bit on purpose I assume so that they're not spoiling it when it seems close.
Yeah espn had him equal going into this round. I dont take much stock into it. But always fun to follow. Who knows how the ups see things lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back