Toast The Renaissance of Travis Boak

He’s been the best player of the team that’s been on top of the ladder all year long.

Surely there’s no way he can be snubbed of an AA jumper this year.
It would even be a disgrace if he's on the bench at this point. Should be starting smack-bang in the middle.

He's All Australian centre, of that there will be no doubt.

The real question is, will he win the Brownlow? A quieter couple weeks and Trav coming home like a house on fire.. we also know Trav polls well.

I got a good feeling about this..

The form of Rockliff and in particular Wines doesn't help his cause because they are both proven vote getters too. And this is where being Port hurts - at most teams, a guy like Trav would be well hyped up and the umpires would be giving him 3s every week, but because of the lack of hype he's just in with the rest as a possible vote getter.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Umpires absolutely love Trav, he has polled well before when not dominating like he is now. Lachie has had a few down weeks, Trav could very well take it home if he has 2 big last games. It will be a super tight race between the two.

For what it's worth, in my POTY voting, Boak has 43 votes and in 2nd place is SPP with 20. Boak absolutely storming it.

Votes:
Round 1: 5
Round 2: 3
Round 3: 5
Round 5: 4
Round 9: 5
Round 11: 5
Round 12: 5
Round 13: 4
Round 14: 2
Round 16: 5

Last edited:
The last two times weve had a potential brownlow winner they havent even scored the most votes for our club

Chuck a $10 on Rocky being highest vote getter i reckon

The form of Rockliff and in particular Wines doesn't help his cause because they are both proven vote getters too.

Lucky we can only ever play one in the same side :)

Handyandy

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2005
Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
I wrote Boak off a few years ago, his scratchy kicking and then that high half forward role really bothered me.
But I owe him a massive apology. He is covering the ground better than ever and using the ball by boot very well. His running goal in the third was sweet but better than that, he regularly hits targets going forward, he nailed a couple of beautiful passes into the 50 on the run.
I think he has taken a leaf out of kane's book, that extra, off season, high altitude training and stuff has taken his running to the elite level and that extra fitness sees him get to so many contests early and in good position that he is killing it. I can see him playing on for a few years yet, you cant sprint as fast as you age but your endurance can improve.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd love for him to jag 7 more votes than Lachke in the last 2 games to win the AFLCA. Its the only award that has real merit anymore.

Ideally we would pay a Sydney player to get in Lachie's face tomorrow. Its probably the best bet for a Trav Brownlow sadly.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
I'd love for him to jag 7 more votes than Lachke in the last 2 games to win the AFLCA. Its the only award that has real merit anymore.

Ideally we would pay a Sydney player to get in Lachie's face tomorrow. Its probably the best bet for a Trav Brownlow sadly.
Great call, Neale got nothing tonight under a heavy tag.
I'm almost daring to dream of a T Boak Brownlow, Norm Smith and Premiership medal.

Great call, Neale got nothing tonight under a heavy tag.
I'm almost daring to dream of a T Boak Brownlow, Norm Smith and Premiership medal.
Do we call that pulling a "Nathan Buckley" around these parts?

AFLAssassin

Draftee
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trav could win it for sure. Deserves it not only for performance this season, but proof that his service to our club and loyalty after Geelong courted him so strongly paid off.

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What's the Brownlow even gonna look like?

More or less like this....

02ee4ae266b2a9451d4b49730b0b3e62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back