Toast The Renaissance of Travis Boak

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And you know that when Travis Boak does take over the games record he will treat it as the great honour it is rather than something to go on the CV.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Boaky as much as the next guy and hope he gets the record but the Kane Cornes hate on here is really over the top for a premiership player who gave his all over a long period of time.

He wasn't (and isn't) perfect but he is one of us and deserves more respect.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Boaky as much as the next guy and hope he gets the record but the Kane Cornes hate on here is really over the top for a premiership player who gave his all over a long period of time.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Kane def is a headline-seeker and an attention-grabber ... But that is exactly his occupation! I try to divorce what he does now as a job, to what he did as a Port Adelaide premiership player, and record holder.

He will always be a Port Adelaide person, afaiac, and worthy of my appreciation and respect.

I dont have to like him though ... do I? :p

Travis's game on Sunday

tenor.gif

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Keep speaking s**t in the media that is wrong, and you naturally lose respect. Simples.

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

I didn’t mind Kane until I read his book.
tldr chocco good primus bad

Shane_Mag

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel United, Man United, LA Lakers
So much love for Travis. The way he goes about his footy on and off the field is amazing. Truly a great role model for any inspiring young footy players.

Oct 12, 2003
Drowning my sorrows on the end of some bar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, Green Bay

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
I cant agree with this more.

i respect his contribution to our club and he should be respected as a former port adelaide player and what his contribution was to our club.

we need to seperate his role in the media, which I f***king hate and his time as a player.

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kane's game on Black in the 2004 GF was integral to our only AFL premiership. For that he certainly deserves our respect.
He like Travis, despite some small flaws in the skill levels of their exceptional abilities in playing football at the highest level, were completely focused on getting the absolute maximum out of their talent and themselves.
However there are many reasons why The Love Boak is almost universally loved. Travis' commitment to the club, despite the natural attraction of returning home to be with his widowed mother obviously held for him, when the club was at one of its most challenging positions on and off the field, was telling.
Many of us have a personal stories that shed a light on the character of players we admire. I have one in particular. The first time my eldest daughter attended an after game function at Alberton with me was post the West Coast game, in Hinckley's first year, when Travis almost single handedly turned the game in our favour. At the very end of the night Travis was heading home and I asked him for a photo of him with my daughter. He kindly obliged despite an obviously exhilarating but exhausting day. Being the technical clutz I am I couldn't get my phone camera to work. Travis good naturedly took the selfie of my daughter and himself before finally setting off for home and some downtime.
It is never just about Travis for Travis.
He is an admirable human being who is a credit to his family, our football club and to himself.
If anyone deserves a premiership medal it is Travis Boak.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on. He hung around just long enough to get to exactly 300 and then immediately walked away from his team mates to join the fire brigade. He basically courted the criticism.

Come on. He hung around just long enough to get to exactly 300 and then immediately walked away from his team mates to join the fire brigade. He basically courted the criticism.
Then he torched the fire brigade and burnt them for a media career

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amusing to see that despite being runner up in the Brownlow, AA starting centreline and vice captain, most people still don't have boaky in the top 10 mids in the comp.
Instead they've got cooked campaigners like pendles and clangers (who barely plays there anymore).

The Controversially Selected Ahead of James Sellar accolade should also be listed.

That's not really fair, James Sellar made me a better than average hotdog at an OTR the other day.

I couldn’t believe his work rate and awareness here

The confidence to run though three players, suggests he knew he could hold up at the hips and lay off a handball.

The to dish off and present an option, was pure work rate.

The lace out was just the icing.

Love!

MrMeaner

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I couldn’t believe his work rate and awareness here

The confidence to run though three players, suggests he knew he could hold up at the hips and lay off a handball.

The to dish off and present an option, was pure work rate.

The lace out was just the icing.

Love!

Also, it's not like his direct opponent was a plodder.

Last edited:
I love Travis Boak

Back