Resource THE REPLAY OF RICHMOND'S GREATEST WIN SINCE 1980

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me wrong.Winning a flag anytime is the ultimate and 1980 was something special because of one man(KB),However i think the 1995 semi final win over Essendon beats the 1980 GF.So IMO the thread title should read Richmond's Greatest win since 1995.
If you don't believe then watch this:

Don't get me wrong.Winning a flag anytime is the ultimate and 1980 was something special because of one man(KB),However i think the 1995 semi final win over Essendon beats the 1980 GF.So IMO the thread title should read Richmond's Greatest win since 1995.
If you don't believe then watch this:

That 1995 game was the greatest game of my lifetime...

Until we smashed Geelong in the QF. It's now #4. But will always hold a special place in my heart.

Until we smashed Geelong in the QF. It's now #4. But will always hold a special place in my heart.
When I still lived in Sydney I came down here in about 2002 for a few games. For one of them I went to Punt Road for a couple of beers before the game and was talking to a couple of guys for a while. One of them went off to get a round and the other guy and I got talking about the '95 semi. When his mate came back he asked which game we were talking about. The guy said "THE game" and the other one nodded knowingly. No other explanation needed!
I know I've said it on here already but until this year I've always felt a real frustration that I didn't come down from Sydney for that game. That feeling is gone now!!! I think there's a lot of people on this board that are like me and could just about recite the commentary word for word from that match :D

#2 for me although it is a close run race considering the saltness coming from the cats.

When I still lived in Sydney I came down here in about 2002 for a few games. For one of them I went to Punt Road for a couple of beers before the game and was talking to a couple of guys for a while. One of them went off to get a round and the other guy and I got talking about the '95 semi. When his mate came back he asked which game we were talking about. The guy said "THE game" and the other one nodded knowingly. No other explanation needed!
I know I've said it on here already but until this year I've always felt a real frustration that I didn't come down from Sydney for that game. That feeling is gone now!!! I think there's a lot of people on this board that are like me and could just about recite the commentary word for word from that match :D
Yep.Until this year i reckon we let one slip no thanks to Mal Brown.Clearly the players were playing for John Northey abit like what the current side is doing with Dimma.

As always all our games this year can be accessed in the normal place but I thought this one would be special enough to warrant sharing here.

QUARTER 1: TEX THINKS HE'S A PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN

QUARTER 2: ADELAIDE FORGET THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO KICK GOALS

QUARTER 3: JACK GRAHAM, LARKE MEDALIST NOW PREMIERSHIP PLAYER, CEMENTS HIS LEGEND

QUARTER 4: RICHMOND GOES BALLS DEEP
(Q4 includes post game presentation, making it around 960mb)

Support the club, buy the Premiership DVD here:
https://premiership-tigerland.shopd...-dvd/richmond-tigers-2017-afl-premiership-dvd
its still the greatest day of my life. I wanted to cry , but couldn't as I'm on that many anti anxiety tablets !! What a moment , reading all the comments on here just remind me of how good the whole thing was. 2019 was great but 2017 was for the 'true Believers ' !!And more to come in 2020.

As always all our games this year can be accessed in the normal place but I thought this one would be special enough to warrant sharing here.

QUARTER 1: TEX THINKS HE'S A PREMIERSHIP CAPTAIN

QUARTER 2: ADELAIDE FORGET THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO KICK GOALS

QUARTER 3: JACK GRAHAM, LARKE MEDALIST NOW PREMIERSHIP PLAYER, CEMENTS HIS LEGEND

QUARTER 4: RICHMOND GOES BALLS DEEP
(Q4 includes post game presentation, making it around 960mb)

Support the club, buy the Premiership DVD here:
https://premiership-tigerland.shopd...-dvd/richmond-tigers-2017-afl-premiership-dvd

excellent

Ill never forget that game the atmosphere was out of this world , i completely lost my s**t when knighta kicked that second goal.

I think possibly me favourite ever goal happened in that game - even though all Knights' goals were amazing, the Daffy goal in the 3rd was special.
For those of you who weren't there:
1. We were 5 goals down at half-time. We were coming back hard, and the crowd was really getting fired up.
3. We had just kicked a goal, during which Scotty Turner had just flattened O'Donnell (legally - for 1995. Might be looked at now). So both crowds were going going insane - us for the goal and the comeback, them for the O'Donnell bump.
4. O'Donnell gets carted off on a stretcher - wasting time (classic Sheedy) - as soon as the stretcher crosses the boundary line, he jumps off and goes to the bench, looking fine. Now the Richmond fans get into him.
5. Centre bounce - Scotty Turner handpasses to Nick Daffy who kicks from 60!

The crowd completely explodes.

The 19 prelim.

We were gone at the half.

If Geelong kicked the first after the break I thought we were done.

Then Cotchins tackle leading to Lynch’s mark and goal, followed by Jacks tap to Dusty in the square and we were rolling.

Leaving the ground at the end of the game and walking back to Flinders St with the crowd was surreal. It was raucous but also strangely quiet at the same time, as though the thousands were still trying to compute what just happened. I remember thinking that’s the best win I’ve seen from them, and still think that.

The 2017 GF would be number two for me, what a sense of relief and joy. But when it occurred it was probably number one. Winning two in three years changes my view a little. From an emotional perspective, it’s probably still number one.

I was there for the 95 semi as well, and I think the Geelong game and the 2017 GF pips it. The 95 semi was joyous, especially considering it was the first important win we had seen in a long time. It made the massacre the week after somewhat ok

The 2019 GF just misses the podium for me because the drought had already broken and the enormity of the flogging we gave the opposition. Still a great game to be at though, and tough to split these four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 19 prelim.

Then Cotchins tackle leading to Lynch’s mark and goal, followed by Jacks tap to Dusty in the square and we were rolling.

Leaving the ground at the end of the game and walking back to Flinders St with the crowd was surreal. It was raucous but also strangely quiet at the same time, as though the thousands were still trying to compute what just happened. I remember thinking that’s the best win I’ve seen from them, and still think that.

The 2017 GF would be number two for me, what a sense of relief and joy. But when it occurred it was probably number one. Winning two in three years changes my view a little. From an emotional perspective, it’s probably still number one.

I was there for the 95 semi as well, and I think the Geelong game and the 2017 GF pips it. The 95 semi was joyous, especially considering it was the first important win we had seen in a long time. It made the massacre the week after somewhat ok

The 2019 GF just misses the podium for me because the drought had already broken and the enormity of the flogging we gave the opposition. Still a great game to be at though, and tough to split these four.

I too thought we were shot at HT

Almost regretting be so abusive to the Bay of farmers sat next to me

The 19 prelim.

No argument from me either...that cat game best win ever!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back