Round 16: Carlton (H) - W
Round 17: Hawthorn (A) - L
Round 18: Geelong (H) - W

Round 19: Sydney (A) - L
Round 20: Richmond (H) - W
Round 21: Brisbane (H) - L
Round 22: West Coast (H) - W
Round 23: St Kilda (A) - L
As in, they will lose to Hawthorn and then beat Geelong?

:$:tearsofjoy:

Darcy, Cox, hamling, Pearce, Chapman, Logue, Fyfe, switta, tabs, young. Who have I missed ?
That's half the best 22 team Gonski.
Forgot about Sturt & Frederick. That will be 12 best 22 players injured.
And we didn't even pick a mid season draftee.
Because why would you 🤣

12 out of 22 is an exaggerstion. Hardly like all of Ryan, Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Cox play in the same side. Plus Chapman, Young, Wilson, Aish. Unless expecting an insane amount of ball down back. A case of players getting better whilst out.

Who out of Brayshaw, Cerra, Ryan, Mundy, Wilson, Serong, Tucker, Aish, Lobb, Walters, Schultz, Colyer, Acres isn't in the best 22?
Treacy probably in enough form off tonight to beat out Sturt too.

I can't think of a club that's pulled that trick this year.
Big difference in how Adelaide have played this year, beating the team in first and the team in third, and Fremantle who have 1. already beaten Hawks this season and 2. are 1-5, with that 1 being Sydney and their previous win before that being North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 out of 22 is an exaggerstion. Hardly like all of Ryan, Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Cox play in the same side. Plus Chapman, Young, Wilson, Aish. Unless expecting an insane amount of ball down back. A case of players getting better whilst out.

Who out of Brayshaw, Cerra, Ryan, Mundy, Wilson, Serong, Tucker, Aish, Lobb, Walters, Schultz, Colyer, Acres isn't in the best 22?

Take my advice, don’t go down this road - it’s a big 22 ok? 🤪

....and for what it’s worth - the OP won’t be far off.

Not going to break down the specific games but they’ll win 10-11 games for the year by the looks of it - so probably 10th-12th is realistic and about where they are at.

Let’s say 5 of our best defenders are out, only leaves Ryan and Wilson. Not sure any team can cover that. What’s even worse our depth has gotten injured as well.

Aisha and Tucker are wings.

Way too many injuries in one section of the ground and especially talls.

Frederick and Sturt are best 22 as well.

That’s a third of the team out plus depth.

How many games have that list missed vs how long they been on the list?

About half the team injured but glad you put the effort in 😍

Well I am no coach but would have Frederick over Colyer, Sturt and Treacy play different roles. Treacy a fully built crash pack mark, and Sturt a slender lead up forward in the mould of Gunsten (Not as good obviously).

Your point is fair enough as there is a bit of overlap there if they are all fit but I would say we comfortably have 10 best 22 out now.

To many B22 injuries ruining team and player development, season is done.

Best we can hope for is resigning existing talent like cerra, drafting some new talent to improve the list and a bit of luck in 2022.

We're all just waiting for the Eagles bois to jump on this thread.

Should be a really well thought out conversation.

Or, you know, just garbage.

We'll see.

I don't believe any teams supporters like to see another team be ravaged by injuries.

I for one like to watch the best players play and be available to put on the best entertainment.

Clearly Fremantle have been decimated by their injuries, sorry to disappoint you but I get no pleasure from that fact.

The best any severely injury depleted team can do, once a season / finals are shot, for the remainder of the season is to use whats left of the season to learn more about their squad and experiment and trial new players and new structures.

Sometimes the number of injuries gets to a tipping point from which the team can't recover and when that happens, the focus needs to be, by necessity, to shift to an opportunity to trial and develop the kids.

Injuries have played a massive part in the fate of a lot of teams this season and the AFL in my opinion has a lot to answer for:

The reduced list number.
Capped rotations.
Reduced medical resources at all Clubs as a result of soft cap reductions.

If the AFL was judged by OH&S standards, they would come up short as an employer, as health and safety has taken a back seat to profit.

I don't believe any teams supporters like to see another team be ravaged by injuries.

I for one like to watch the best players play and be available to put on the best entertainment.

Clearly Fremantle have been decimated by their injuries, sorry to disappoint you but I get no pleasure from that fact.

The best any severely injury depleted team can do, once a season / finals are shot, for the remainder of the season is to use whats left of the season to learn more about their squad and experiment and trial new players and new structures.

Sometimes the number of injuries gets to a tipping point from which the team can't recover and when that happens, the focus needs to be, by necessity, to shift to an opportunity to trial and develop the kids.

Injuries have played a massive part in the fate of a lot of teams this season and the AFL in my opinion has a lot to answer for:

The reduced list number.
Capped rotations.
Reduced medical resources at all Clubs as a result of soft cap reductions.

If the AFL was judged by OH&S standards, they would come up short as an employer, as health and safety has taken a back seat to profit.
Will be good if we can blood another young fella in the likes of Treacy.

Do injuries medical come under the soft cap ?? If so that is a hideous h + s policy I could see playing out in court.
Surely that will all come under a clubs insurance policy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back