Universal Love The Return of Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course he has, haven't you been paying attention to what's happening across the road. ;)

I don’t think we should just dismiss these things. We might’ve offered him 1 or 2 years while others are prepared to offer more security. One day we will lose a player we want to keep, and it’s arrogance to just assume we won’t.

I don’t think we should just dismiss these things. We might’ve offered him 1 or 2 years while others are prepared to offer more security. One day we will lose a player we want to keep, and it’s arrogance to just assume we won’t.

That, and the more I think about it the more I like the idea of what we could get out of it.

I just hope we don’t s**t ourselves and sign him to a huge multi year contract eg Lobbe and many more

I'm not worried. Given his history with injury/up and down form, the club would be making Jared earn a lucrative contract by putting together a top 5 best and fairest sort of season. So far he's doing that. If everything keeps going as it is, he'll get a fair deal.

But but homesickness?

Would be a dog move after all Port have done for his body

Let’s just say we’re only offering him one year. He’d be well within his rights to look elsewhere off the back of a career best year.
Polec deserves a 3 year contract by my reckoning. Just because he’s a local isn’t grounds to just assume he’ll take what’s put in front of him. Probably leading our B&F at the moment.

Let’s just say we’re only offering him one year. He’d be well within his rights to look elsewhere off the back of a career best year.
Polec deserves a 3 year contract by my reckoning. Just because he’s a local isn’t grounds to just assume he’ll take what’s put in front of him. Probably leading our B&F at the moment.

agree... with his injury ongoing 2 - 3 years max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career best year = 1 year contract

I just can't see us making an offer like that.

Lol. This stuff comes from their managers. Ollie is sewn up and now negotiations are getting serious with Polec as he will be our next duck lined up. The timing is predictable and wholly transparent.

Bit extreme.

He'd be top 5 but Tom Jonas is leading this quite comfortably at the moment

I don't doubt that he is getting offers and would have to consider them. He may be offered more money and a longer contract elsewhere, but we generally seem to be pretty fair with dollars and contract length (as far as we can tell from outside). So I'm not dismissing that the rumour is true, mostly just that Dittmar was probably rubbing his hands together at the chance to divert attention away from the crows again.

So if he apparently has 2-3 years left in his foot then we give him the contract and win the next 2-3 premierships with him and bye bye Polec. Everyone is happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back