Universal Love The Return of Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

As I understand it, Polec is marrying into quite a bit of money so you wouldn't think dollars would be an enormous issue, BUT his partner is from Melbourne.

I reckon Polec would be absolutely loving his footy at the moment so we've definitely got that in our favour. If he gets offered a Godfather deal and goes, there's not a lot we can do really. We've brought him home and got him playing really good footy.

As I understand it, Polec is marrying into quite a bit of money so you wouldn't think dollars would be an enormous issue, BUT his partner is from Melbourne.

I reckon Polec would be absolutely loving his footy at the moment so we've definitely got that in our favour. If he gets offered a Godfather deal and goes, there's not a lot we can do really. We've brought him home and got him playing really good footy.
There is a lot we can do in demanding a high draft pick. I am not sure about these rumours, but if the 850k plus is anywhere near the mark then obviously those clubs rate him massively and should be prepared to do a very fair deal to us.
He would be a massive loss though.

For so many reasons I can't see him going anywhere. This is just his manager playing media games ... if anything!

Once again the Crow flogs out there jumping at anything to deflect the media attention off that pathetic excuse of a club.

Last edited:

What a silly boy he is. Comes back to Adelaide due to homesickness then hooks up with a Melbourne girl. Sigh.

As Zakk said, where there is smoke there is fire on this one. I thought it was garbage too but...

Club and player weighing all things up. I hope we keep him. One of my favourites.

Just for the sake of argument if our fitness/medical staff see him as a year to year prospect due to the navicular I'd imagine other clubs would tread lightly on long contracts and ridiculous overs money wise as well.. smoke yea perhaps but manager blowing smoke to go with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Zakk said, where there is smoke there is fire on this one. I thought it was garbage too but...

Club and player weighing all things up. I hope we keep him. One of my favourites.

The 'smoke and fire' metaphor is no longer applicable in the 24 hour everyone is a 'journo' sports news world.

Having said that, despite his injury and with his form he is the type we could get good currency for.

interesting! one of the ones i didnt think would ever have a problem with signing up
It's not a "problem" per se - Polec is eyeing greater financial rewards elsewhere and the club is seriously considering whether we get better value from letting him go.

I like Polec and what he brings to the side, but he's far from irreplaceable. If we can improve our draft position while also replacing him with a similar player such as Gaff (would be ideal and not out of the question), Aaron Hall, Dahlhaus, then I think we'd be fine with it. Even look at someone like a Kade Kolodjashnij and move Bonner to the wing.

So if he apparently has 2-3 years left in his foot then we give him the contract and win the next 2-3 premierships with him and bye bye Polec. Everyone is happy.
Why would his foot only have 2-3 years left in it? He's only 25 and properly managed he could easily play into his 30's, he's coming into his career best years & not only as an offensive weapon but has worked wonders on his defensive side.

Would be one of the most damaging outside mids in the comp & I would hazard a guess be up there as one of our most important players at our club due to how few skillful/pacy outside mids we have compared to our depth in the inside department.

He's one of my favourite players & has been since we landed him, I don't want him to or think he will ever play for another club other than ours because he bleeds Port Adelaide.

He'll get paid what he's worth & make Polly's pocket his own :D

I'd be really disappointed if he left. The best kick in a team that struggles to hit targets I50. We should be aiming to have Polec AND Gaff next year.

Trollec time. Yeah. :D

I'd be really disappointed if he left. The best kick in a team that struggles to hit targets I50. We should be aiming to have Polec AND Gaff next year.

If Gaff came to Alberton, he and Tom Jonas could do a Bushells tea advert...

Last edited:
i think im a jinx.....
i collect worn guernseys. Was a huge fan of chad cornes, got one of his next year GWS. impey, got his china guernsey. traded. Trengove guernsey. gone! big fan of pollys have about 4 or 5 of his..... gone?

Can you please buy some Neade & Amon jumpers?

**used examples for joke purposes only, don't really hate the guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back