The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of the football appointees - I wonder who would be best placed? I would think Paul Roos is top of my list, but then who? Jason Dunstall? Perhaps someone like Luke Ball (former head of the AFLPA)?

In terms of the football appointees - I wonder who would be best placed? I would think Paul Roos is top of my list, but then who? Jason Dunstall? Perhaps someone like Luke Ball (former head of the AFLPA)?
Simply No to Paul Roos , false economy .

Paul Roos HATES us. I also think his quality is overstated. He's hardly set Melbourne up for success has he? Avoid.
Dunstall? Avoid. Ball is interesting, I don't know enough about his post playing days to know what he will be like, but being a past president of the AFLPA doesn't help in my mind (wasn't Burton also that?) Isn't Dangerfield that now? Not exactly filling me with confidence.

Would have preferred a team of management consultants. Richmond’s were true toe cutters and had no hesitation in recommending certain people be moved on.

Will these guys be looking at management process, conflict of interest etc?

Sorry, but each season's review is ramped up or down based on ladder position .......oh give me a break

Crows Chairman Rob Chapman said the Club’s internal review had already commenced and added consecutive seasons of missing finals demanded a more thorough examination of football structures, systems and personnel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have preferred a team of management consultants. Richmond’s were true toe cutters and had no hesitation in recommending certain people be moved on.

Will these guys be looking at management process, conflict of interest etc?

The main issue with selecting different people for different aspects is that they might not be on the same page regarding what it is the club needs. A larger external company knows what it's there for.

The other negative of employing a number of individuals is: are they looking to be brutally honest or are they looking for an ongoing consultative role with the club?

I'd prefer a bigger outside organization to come in, blow it up, then leave.

Paul Roos HATES us. I also think his quality is overstated. He's hardly set Melbourne up for success has he? Avoid.
Dunstall? Avoid. Ball is interesting, I don't know enough about his post playing days to know what he will be like, but being a past president of the AFLPA doesn't help in my mind (wasn't Burton also that?) Isn't Dangerfield that now? Not exactly filling me with confidence.
Out of curiosity why avoid Dunstall? He was largely responsible for cleaning Hawthorn up and the appointment of Alistair Clarkson unless I'm mistaken.

That’s the problem with initiating a review now. Any recommendations can’t be done in time for 2020.

Too many old players? Oh well the date for list finalisation has passed now.

Pyke and burton need to go? Oh well we have no replacement as they’re all contracted for 2020.

Just get the right football people in to do the footy side of things. Leigh Matthews perhaps??

I think having a person that isnt a fan of the club is EXACTLY what they need. Roos would be brutal. And in terms of his experience, he turned Sydney around massively (particularly on the cultural side), and (despite this season) he did bring about a change in Melbourne (only of course to be brought down by the dismal coaching of Goody)...
The only other key person I can think of is Leigh Matthews - but he was part of the panel that picked Sando - and of course David Parkin,

That’s the problem with initiating a review now. Any recommendations can’t be done in time for 2020.

Too many old players? Oh well the date for list finalisation has passed now.

Pyke and burton need to go? Oh well we have no replacement as they’re all contracted for 2020.
Don't necessarily have to wait until the end of a review to act on anything

Back