The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro's update on the review (just then on 3AW)... The word 'camp' is coming up frequently + Pyke & Campo are feeling the heat. Pyke may still not be our coach at the end of it. Once again, stated the bleeding obvious, that Birdbrain is not equipped to be in the position he is in. Also, mentioned David Noble as a possible CEO target.

Of course, for all I know, this could all be made up or guesswork on her part -- don't shoot the messenger.
Given the confidentiality agreements, I just can’t see her being fed info

There seems to be a lot of people without Marty on ignore. That would be the only reason I am seeing the responses I am seeing.
Do it and stop wasting your time.

I have NEVER put someone on ignore and I have been reading forums for at least 25 years. I never thought I would EVER put someone on ignore. Thats just not me.
I did notice an immediate improvement.

This already has all the hallmarks of a sham review

The findings are going to be hilarious. Many of which won't be released publicly because of thier sensitivity lol.

Pav will be an expert reviewing Rory sloanes technique surfing. A skill Pav developed in WA living the good life playing footy. Where all the best administrators learn thier craft, locker rooms and beaches.

Dunstall can review our gaming income. He was involved in such a good turn around of hawthorn, from merging to pokie baron. As ethical as you'll ever find is Jason.

It will be riveting stuff. It will tell us why our players didn't run this year, why no conviction in thier disposal, one percenters. Why youth wasn't introduced the moment a problem came apparent after the bye.

Pav and dunstsl, Will reccomend more surfing and gambling.

would you want to be on the AFC board?

If I lived in Adelaide I'd consider it. I'd back myself in to re-engineer it, maybe that's overconfident but I've done it to boards as the CEO or MD which requires a lot of diplomacy and can be precarious. It's probably more difficult as a Non-Executive Director though because whilst it seems a little counter intuitive the role has less power. Positional power is only one form of power. I'd argue the CEO or MD has more relational and expert power than a Non-Executive Director and on balance probably more power overall, only exceeded by a good Chair or the board as a whole.

The Chair is generally just a single vote, like every one else in any committee decision that finds its way to a vote. My experience is that in club constitutions the Chair will often be afforded a further deliberative vote in the event of a tie. Hemi might be able to advise whether that’s common in the business world, but it’s definitely prevalent in the association world. Under the NT Associations Act, the role of Chairmain/President isn’t afforded any further rights or responsibilities than any other elected member of the organisation.

It depends on the constitution of the said entity. In reality the deciding vote rarely gets used in a well functioning organisation. If you want to see disfunction and the deciding vote used, get on a council.

If I lived in Adelaide I'd consider it. I'd back myself in to re-engineer it, maybe that's overconfident but I've done it to boards as the CEO or MD which requires a lot of diplomacy and can be precarious. It's probably more difficult as a Non-Executive Director though because whilst it seems a little counter intuitive the role has less power. Positional power is only one form of power. I'd argue the CEO or MD has more relational and expert power than a Non-Executive Director and on balance probably more power overall, only exceeded by a good Chair or the board as a whole.
Move home and win us some flags Hemi!

There seems to be a lot of people without Marty on ignore. That would be the only reason I am seeing the responses I am seeing.
Do it and stop wasting your time.

I have NEVER put someone on ignore and I have been reading forums for at least 25 years. I never thought I would EVER put someone on ignore. Thats just not me.
I did notice an immediate improvement.
I keep trying to do it but my settings don’t seem to want to work - so I just scroll through the diarrhoea

Adelaide have made some glaring errors that have come at significant cost. The club continues to recruit players who fit a picture of an ideal model of what an AFL player should look like and move like that are very limited in their base. The lack of ability to recruit hard heads with white line fever has had a dramatic impact, the lack of leadership and competitive spirit over the last 18 months is an overwhelming weakness. In this period there has been a complete failure to address poor discipline. Rory Atkins is provided as one example of a player whose undisciplined team acts/behaviour (tackling/blocking/pressure application/kicking) have been condoned by his continual selection. Our movement patterns are outdated, we have an over reliance on midfield players who lack speed. Our ability to make decisions about when to kick and to then execute the kick are a large issue for the club. The abject overuse of handball to static people and the lack of ability to apply pressure in our forward line are there for all to see. Our coaching staff are primarily Adelaide boys, it looks and feels like a sycophant's paradise. This year the club took on a SANFL coach with a very questionable record who showed in last years finals an over reliance on handball and little ability to teach a team how to move the ball from A to B effectively. The concerns about the character of a couple of individual people at the top of the administrative and coach/football management tree in the club are available to anybody willing to listen who moves in sporting circles in Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne. This has all combined to now create a disaster zone. We need difference and we need to get out of the fishbowl to find it. This review is a critical juncture in this club's history.There needs to be some major strategic changes to enable this club to move forward or risk doing irreparable damage to the club. Failure to act and make the tough decisions will have a major impact that will take years to repair.

Probably guesswork

Last week she was ''certain'' Ben Rutten would be named Essendon coach this week.

If the club is looking for a CEO - I would nominate Sue Dewing

chazwazza
She’s at many Adelaide games so I assume she’s a supporter. I’d hate to lose her from Sturt but wouldn’t begrudge it if she did.
She’s a great person to have at the club, very approachable, down to earth and happy to help.

Probably guesswork

Last week she was ''certain'' Ben Rutten would be named Essendon coach this week.

If the club is looking for a CEO - I would nominate Sue Dewing

chazwazza

If you watch Footy Classified its no secret that Lloyd hates Woosha. Probably whispers in Caro's ear and feeds her crap 5 minutes before the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Burton is found to be the issue and removed then it puts those who backed him, despite all the evidence, also on the chopping block. I’m assuming that includes Roo, Chapman and Fagan.
This is why he will survive. The admin is in full on "save our own ass" mode. They care more about keeping their jobs than doing what's right for the club.

It depends on the constitution of the said entity. In reality the deciding vote rarely gets used in a well functioning organisation. If you want to see disfunction and the deciding vote used, get on a council.

I understand it’s need and use for minor matters where expediency is required. I agree though that it otherwise shouldn’t be used. I haven’t experienced it being used but then most decisions are made prior to the need for a vote in the first place.

Walking to work right now, went past the Pullman in Hindmarsh Square

Andrew Fagan pulled out the driveway in a white Toyota Prado... with the Chief in he passenger seat

It’s happening.gif

Imagine being the chairman of a board which has seen off Neil Craig, Brenton Sanderson (including a two-year payout), and is now overseeing a review which is putting heat on Pyke who, like Sanderson, has two years to run on a contract you authorized.

Leave ALL the other bullshit that has gone wrong aside, and just consider that. Just consider being chairman of that board and thinking you’re doing a great job. Just consider that your CEO is under review, and you’re not.

Just consider that you’re unelected and answer to absolutely not one single member, ever.

Great gig if you can get it.

Yeah we did and his initial results were very good. Sando was sacked and Walsh and Teague were both astute hires. Ever since then though, our appointments have been a s**tshow and we've turned into a rabble as a result. The evidence suggests Roo doesn't have a clue what he's doing and probably just fluked those initial appointments.
I would think Walsh had more to do with the Teague hire than Roo as he'd worked with him at West Coast.

Imagine being the chairman of a board which has seen off Neil Craig, Brenton Sanderson (including a two-year payout), and is now overseeing a review which is putting heat on Pyke who, like Sanderson, has two years to run on a contract you authorized.

Leave ALL the other bulls**t that has gone wrong aside, and just consider that. Just consider being chairman of that board and thinking you’re doing a great job. Just consider that your CEO is under review, and you’re not.

Great gig if you can get it.

Still trying to work out how you think Chapman authorised it, but carry on

Im totally confused why most posters think Roo Chapman or anyone on the board have any great responsibility in the operation of the club, whether it be employment of staff or general running of the football dept

Just a question after reading the constitution as ad victoriam suggested, what do posters believe Roo Chapman or any board member gets paid and then work out how much time they actually do spend at the club apart from Board meetings and some one offs

Back