The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im totally confused why most posters think Roo Chapman or anyone on the board have any great responsibility in the operation of the club, whether it be employment of staff or general running of the football dept

Just a question after reading the constitution as ad victoriam suggested, what do posters believe Roo Chapman or any board member gets paid and then work out how much time they actually do spend at the club apart from Board meetings and some one offs

You’re not on the same planet as us, that’s okay, I’ll humour you.

What you’re asking is tantamount to asking what responsibility does the health minister have for the health department. He’s not there every day, he’s not the CEO of the department, he doesn’t do people’s performance reviews or run the joint on a daily basis...

The buck stops with the elected representatives, as it does on most football club boards.

Problem is seven of ours aren’t elected.

What you’re asking is tantamount to asking what responsibility does the health minister have for the health department. He’s not there every day, he’s not the CEO of the department, he doesn’t do people’s performance reviews or run the joint on a daily basis...

The buck stops with the elected representatives, as it does on most football club boards.

Now we are getting somewhere the buck does stop with the board, not one or two individuals but the whole board

They approved Fagans appt if he approved everyone under him (including birdman, Pyke Campo Ogilvie whoever) , its the boards fault they put Fagan in no one else.

Agree the majority of the board is made up of 7 board members appointed by the AFL so they are utimatly responsible for the quality or lack of quality of those 7

I don't believe the AFL would consider Adelaide travelling that bad, infact quite the opposite, Financially strong so no funding required from the AFL, and following their wish for teams to go up the ladder and come down to ensure the competition is healthy, as you cant have teams remaining at the foot of the ladder for extended periods or the clubs will fold and it will cost the AFL to keep them afloat

If Burton is found to be the issue and removed then it puts those who backed him, despite all the evidence, also on the chopping block. I’m assuming that includes Roo, Chapman and Fagan.
Sometimes you get a call wrong. Doesn't mean it's sackable. Backing that wrong call in when faced with overwhelming evidence that not only was the call bad, it was horrendous... that's another matter.

You have a lack of understanding of how it works.

The chairman wields significant influence.

I understand how it works

If you are a submissive as a board member and don't listen to yourself you may aswell not even be there, If you have board members that follow the leader that is what you call a disfunctional board, if these board members are that dumb, that is where the problem lays, they are the first problem with the club and its board in having board members that follow everything they are told to do and not think for themselves.

Are you saying these board members should be sacked immediately as they aren't thinking for themselves or wait until their terms end and get rid of the lot and vote as they believe it should be not what they are told to do

I would think Walsh had more to do with the Teague hire than Roo as he'd worked with him at West Coast.
Fair enough. Walsh was an astute hire not just because of his own capabilities but because he could attract other talented coaches to the club. Pyke was unable to to do the same. He got a team of rejects and didn't have the reputation to attract quality coaches to work alongside him.

you have started him off again....
Bad Slippery Pete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Burton is found to be the issue and removed then it puts those who backed him, despite all the evidence, also on the chopping block. I’m assuming that includes Roo, Chapman and Fagan.
They wont sack him, they will just move him sideways to another position in a football department 'restructure'. If they sack him they will have to admit that he wasn't the right person for the job after constantly sprouting how amazing he is and the glowing recommendations he had from the AFl before we hired him.

Has Dunstall pulled out? Someone said they heard it on the radio?

Wouldn't surprise me if he's taking a step back for a week or two in the wake of the Danny Frawley thing. Could potentially delay the review, but I haven't heard anything about him pulling out of it completely.

This is a really interesting article:

The AFC review should look outside of the AFL system for examples of successful sporting administrations. If it does, then the first stop should be the Storm.

Dominant in their own code, the Storm have spread their highly successful style to a completely different state and code, yet still enjoy levels of success that should make our own club feel ashamed.

We could do a lot worse than trying to emulate what it is they do so well.

This is a really interesting article:

The AFC review should look outside of the AFL system for examples of successful sporting administrations. If it does, then the first stop should be the Storm.

Dominant in their own code, the Storm have spread their highly successful style to a completely different state and code, yet still enjoy levels of success that should make our own club feel ashamed.

We could do a lot worse than trying to emulate what it is they do so well.

News limited own Melbourne storm and appoint its directors so is pretty much under its control and have actually sacked directors and replaced them

Our club is techincally run by the AFL due to the fact it cannot operate without the AFL's backing, maybe see if News Limited want to buy us, not sure 7 directors who are appointed by the AFL will do that, but unlikely News Limited would buy us anyway

Back