The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't rule out Player managers and more importantly Wifes and Girlfriends and Parents,
It would be easier for a wife/girlfriend or Parents to talk to Cara than most other reporters.
Maybe

Heard Chapman being interviewed on 3aw earlier. Mentioned he would meet Fagan tonight to nut out the panel who will choose our next coach. Not happy with these 2 choosing the panel. How can they choose the panel if the review states they should both stand down? I would like an independent outside advisor on who should make up the panel for our next coach. I would like Dunstall and Leigh Matthews as a minimum included on the panel. Would also not be adverse to Blight being on it as well

Last edited:

W
Caro on 5AA saying Burton and Campo have (along with Pyke) received negative feedback from the players, as part of the review. Can't see them surviving. Also, said she thinks Chappy will finish up sooner rather than later. Thinks Fagan may survive. Does anyone know who Caro's sources are at the AFC? We leak like a sieve.
We leak as one.

Caro on 5AA saying Burton and Campo have (along with Pyke) received negative feedback from the players, as part of the review. Can't see them surviving. Also, said she thinks Chappy will finish up sooner rather than later. Thinks Fagan may survive. Does anyone know who Caro's sources are at the AFC? We leak like a sieve.

Why haven't we heard from our Head of Football today?

Our Captain standing down last week, and Coach standing down today, seems like the kind of scenarios you'd expect the Head of Football to be on the front foot with...

They're hiding the useless, dumb campaigner again?

I find it really hard to comprehend how we go out and find a new coach with this review hanging over our head. It has to only come from someone who isnt under review. Given the whole Football Department is, who provides that expertise? Panel annoucement will be interesting.

Generally, toxic environments leak like a sieve. Too many people are off-side to keep quiet.

That said, Fagan surviving is a very safe bet right now. He's got some levle of involvement in the review.
And yet wouldn't he be the person who has to take ultimate responsibility for the mess that the footy department is in? Or have I got that wrong?

Pyke did the right thing. He lost the players at the bye week. I hated his game plan, and the lack of a plan B. He is a true clone of Neil Craig, who was his mentor in his previous gig at the Crows. Pleased to see him depart. Now to get rid of Campo and Burton to make my day. Along with Chapman, Hart and Haas. Perfect outcome!

Feel like the results of this review (or more so the actions) will really determine whether I remain a member for 2020 or not. I'm all about the club but I just can't continue to back in the same people that constantly let us down and it's the best way I can think of to send a message that might be heard. It won't count for much but I dare say there are others that are feeling similar so maybe it'll add up...

Hopefully it doesn't come to that though, hopefully there are enough proper changes. It's something I'll watch over the next couple of months before making up my mind but man have the past couple of seasons been a huge frustration and really killed my enjoyment for watching us play.

Heard Chapman being interviewed on 3aw earlier. Mentioned he would meet Fagan tonight to nut out the panel who will choose our next coach. Not happy with these 2 choosing the panel. How can they choose the panel if the review states they should both stand down? I would like an independent outside advisor on who should make up the panel for our next coach. I would like Dunstall and Leigh Matthews as a minimum included on the panel deciding our next coach. Would also not be adverse to Blight being on it as well

Imagine the uproar when B.Burton is on the panel.....

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, there are obvious reasons to defend Chapman. The club is far stronger financially than if was five years ago, and he has directly brought in many parterships, such as China Southern.

Let's see what he does now. Boards shouldn't be operational - they hire the executive and inform the strategic vision. When things go off track, they should make the essential staffing changes.

What if it’s stronger only due to the increased flow of cash from AO? What if it could have been even stronger with a better Chair?

Shocking!

Well, out of the finals two years in a row, gone.

Hardly a good sign for prospective coaches - we'll hamstring your list and saddle you with s**thouse coaches, but if you dn't make the finals two years in a row, you're gone!!!

"
He departs having coached the Club for four seasons, with his decision unrelated to the internal and external reviews of the football department which are currently taking place."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I won’t be surprised to find out he’s been offered the Freo gig and the promise of building his coaching group from the ground up.

Did anyone hear Chapman on the ABC radio just now? I only caught a bit of it but it doesn’t sound like Burton is going anywhere. All about the review highlighting processes and procedures to improve on, not making people accountable.

[Insert a gif of someone being angry here]

Did anyone hear Chapman on the ABC radio just now? I only caught a bit of it but it doesn’t sound like Burton is going anywhere. All about the review highlighting processes and procedures to improve on, not making people accountable.

Chapman is THE cancer of this football club. Is disgraceful what he is doing.

Highly doubtful, we’re too conservative to make any more important changes. Hart and Hass is the most we’ll cut now.

I don't agree 100% & I don't agree Don made this call himself rather he was encouraged financially despite Rob stating "no termination compensation".

Large chances a "non harmful" resignation option was agreed. This looks pleasant & amicable for the board and more attractive for Don to apply for a job back home.

The review has barely scratched the surface, the football department will have a full makeover whether its done short or longer term is to be decided as there will be conflicts within the board on the "why & what" needs to be corrected. Changes with the head of football position will be a bumpy ride until recommendations for change is established.

My Guess specifically:
Burton = gone under 6 months
Camporeale = gone before December
Hart = depending on new head coach, could be stuck with him a further 12months but a role change may happen. Possible demoted down to supporting role in the SANFL
Champman = Most likely before the next season starts

More will come, how fast is really up in the air as you are correct we are a conservative club but this wont stop changes it only changes the pace and how it is delivered.

I can't see how Burton survives. When you have Rowie and other in the footy media teeing off at Burton, Chapman and Fagan there is no hiding this time.
Cap, as Coaches have been sacked to satisfy disgruntled supporters ....so I think you'll find Burton won't be sacked, but moved out of his Football Managers role

Pyke said the club needed "Fresh Air" ....this is correct, in terms of the supporters regaining confidence in the club ....this cannot happen, if Burton remains

something similar on AA, avoiding answering the question about Burton or anyone else, just deflected to something else, also said Roo will probably be on the coaching selection panel

Back