The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan on SEN this morning and from 5AA last night that the external review is finding similar themes that what they already knew.

So if that means Burton is gone, they’ve known he’s been a problem for a while so why haven’t they moved him on earlier?

Last edited:
Fagan also said interviews should be finished end of next week or early following week, but Dunstall has been collaborating data already.

You’d expect within 2 weeks this will be done.

Chapman on SEN this morning and from 5AA last night that the external review is finding similar themes that what they already knew.

So if that means Burton is gone, they’ve known he’s been a problem for a while so why haven’t they moved him on earlier?
Surely the external reviewers are not allowed to drip feed its findings to the Chairman of the board midway through the review right? That sounds like this is even dodgier then we originally thought it would be.

Theoretically the people, departments, and positions being reviewed shouldn't know anything about the 'external' findings until the conclusion of the external review. Otherwise by definition the integrity of such a review would be compromised right?

Heard Chapman being interviewed on 3aw earlier. Mentioned he would meet Fagan tonight to nut out the panel who will choose our next coach. Not happy with these 2 choosing the panel. How can they choose the panel if the review states they should both stand down? I would like an independent outside advisor on who should make up the panel for our next coach. I would like Dunstall and Leigh Matthews as a minimum included on the panel. Would also not be adverse to Blight being on it as well

I just hope the club's not stupid enough to put Burton on that panel, but sadly I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Cap, as Coaches have been sacked to satisfy disgruntled supporters ....so I think you'll find Burton won't be sacked, but moved out of his Football Managers role

Pyke said the club needed "Fresh Air" ....this is correct, in terms of the supporters regaining confidence in the club ....this cannot happen, if Burton remains

Pyke walking makes Burton and Chapman look very very ordinary.

They're embarrassed because Pyke has principles and standards that clearly many at the club lack.

Where do you hide Burton if you don't sack him?

They're embarrassed because Pyke has principles and standards that clearly many at the club lack.

I think they're more likely to do what they did last year with Hass and keep Burton there, but appoint someone to assist him.

Seems like the Chapman/Burton/Campo group could survive a nuclear holocaust at our club.

Gotta say my feelings on Pyke have fluctuated massively over his tenure.

We'd just lost Walsh - who I loved from the outset, loved where we were heading, looked like he was stamping himself on our group, taken before we could see the result - then Pyke came in and I reckon I would have backed anyone at that stage. I was emotionally compromised.

Pyke got us playing footy that other teams could not handle, it was blissful. It wasn't if we would win, it was by how much. We had some assistants that seemed to be very very good, we had a great mixture of experience / youth / prime and the sky was the limit.

We made the GF on the back of smashing our peers in finals that would previously have caused us to stumble.

Then with the GF in our way, we made a few selection decisions that felt safe. I backed Pyke and thought, he must have a plan ... then we just got smashed on the biggest stage.

Then we started to crumble. Pyke was still there, saying the right things ... but we were starting to show some bad signs.

We kept stumbling off-field. Pyke stood up when others didn't and I thought, yep this guy is good.

Then we reset after a complete waste of talent and opportunity that was 2018, and fell flat on our face in 2019. Pyke seemed to be stuck in a bad movie. We weren't making changes that would win us a premiership ... we were making changes to try and win a game - a quarter - a contest. The vision was getting shorter and shorter.

So we make it through the end of 2019. It's a complete shambles. Everything that could go wrong is going wrong, and it looks like the tip of the iceberg.

Tex sees the time is right to stand down as captain - love you big fella.

Pyke stands up and says "I'm not part of the solution, time to leave" - huge tick.

Pyke stands up and says "Special thanks to Campo" - small cross.

Thanks Don, you at least saw that you were no longer the person for the job ... you seem to still have political ties and tendencies that should not be part of the AFL coaches frontline toolkit, but that's ok, we all have our issues. Making your feeling public about individuals is a bit petty for me, but who knows what lies behind the lies ... right?

This review is so important. The pressure of it has already started to make changes, now we just need the recommendations to be honest ... and then implemented. That is going to be the big test. Can we actually accept the failures and make the changes needed?

No way we can go into 2020 with the stench of anything post 2017 GF floating over and around the club.

Clean it up. Get a new frontline in there. Get us back to loving footy. 100% focus on premierships.

Someone should make a petition for Chapman to stand down immediately.
Anyone who saw Chapman's performance yesterday and doesn't think he is the biggest cancer at our club is deluded. I got the impression Chapman strongly disagreed with Pyke resigning. I feel Burton and Roo got their man. I agree Pyke had lost the players and had to go. I thank him for being one of the few at our club for doing what is right for the club if it was done on his own accord. I dont think that was the case. My brother told me he saw Roo having meetings at a pub on the weekend so i knew something was up. I worry that if Burton, Campo and Roo are also not moved on nothing will change. I wouldnt stop there. Fagan also needs to go. Came off as a very weak lame duck CEO in that presser. Ideally for me Burton, Campo, Roo, Hart, Chapman, Fagan and Hass will be gone within 3 months. I fear this won't be the case. How did these useless clowns hijack the club? Chapman has allowed it. I honestly cant stand him.

Back to the fitness area ....or some other Admin role, within the club

Someone should make a petition for Chapman to stand down immediately.
Didn't we try that from Tippettgate?

I heard Rowie say this morning that he has had conversations with the club that they need an interim Chairperson.

The response was 'who'.

I'm in disbelief that after this long, Chapman only believes there was one person capable to replace him who just happen to die.

This AFL elected board are getting more similar to the AFL every second.

Chapman on SEN this morning and from 5AA last night that the external review is finding similar themes that what they already knew.

Burton is being protected. Its bloody obvious. I would say the club has been given an ultimatum of "if he goes I go". I know what I would be doing.

giphy.gif

Yesterday was not a good day for Chapman. He was exposed badly for being both incompetent and dumb.

His comments about the payout in the initial press conference were confused and dumb. He then attempted to clarify on 5AA.

He spoke about how he thinks leadership 101 is 'backing your staff in'. Apparently competence in a role is irrelevant, as long as he back them in all is good and he's done a great job. What to know where the 'back the boys in' mantra comes from? It's Chapman. He is 100% one of the biggest problems at the club.

My biggest concern - on 5AA he was asked about Pyke leaving and the impact on the review. He waffled about how he had initially thought the review might take 5 weeks, but he's hoping it will be finished sooner. He then said that with a change having occurred he was hoping it meant the review could be finished off quicker.

He basically said 'Pyke's gone, that's the change we needed, let's stop the review and move on'.

This bloke is a complete knob-end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Rowie say this morning that he has had conversations with the club that they need an interim Chairperson.

The response was 'who'.

I'm in disbelief that after this long, Chapman only believes there was one person capable to replace him who just happen to die.

Chapman is hugely egotistical. He actually thinks that he is amazing and has done a brilliant job. He is like Trump. Anything that suggests otherwise is just 'fake news' to him.
It should be very clear his reign has been poor and he has overseen several disasters. It should be obvious that his time is well past due. The reason he can't find a successor is because no-one matches up to his amazing standards....

He needs to just say "I'm out". The board can then sort out who takes over. He should have ZERO say in who takes over, that is not how it works. The club is not his plaything to make these kind of decisions on.

Chapman’s entire narrative on the review points to the delusional state he is in. Hoping the review will now be shorter is out and out tampering...how can you possibly dictate the effort in uncovering something when the whole purpose of the review is to uncover that you don’t know.....and if you don’t know then how can you say how long it will take?

And if you do know what’s wrong then why does it take a review to do something about it?

He talks leadership but everything he actually does is the total opposite.

It’s a big relief to him that Pyke is gone...if they are serious about the new coach and what he will be allowed to do....because I’m sure (sarcastic tone) the coach will be able to set up his own coaching staff. That takes cares of the assistants.

There are many more knowledgeable posters on this forum then me...but it appears if this review and the actions following will really only have teeth if Burton is moved on. I don’t see how Chapman and Roo will be.....so there is really no other action given the Walker and Pyke movements that would show any change directly resulting from the review.

The response was 'who'.

He said the same thing to chappy on the sports show last night aswell

Cap, as Coaches have been sacked to satisfy disgruntled supporters ....so I think you'll find Burton won't be sacked, but moved out of his Football Managers role

Pyke said the club needed "Fresh Air" ....this is correct, in terms of the supporters regaining confidence in the club ....this cannot happen, if Burton remains
Demote him to Claude the Crow.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just on our assistants, has anyone heard from or seen Mattner in the media? Seems to keep a very low profile. Our defence was mostly okay this year, so I find it a little strange he wasn't wheeled out more. Instead we get Hart and ****ing Campo every week.

Just on our assistants, has anyone heard from or seen Mattner in the media? Seems to keep a very low profile. Our defence was mostly okay this year, so I find it a little strange he wasn't wheeled out more. Instead we get Hart and ****ing Campo every week.

I don't think Mattner is a strong media presenter based on what little of him I have seen. Better to keep him in hiding until he can work on this a bit more. Although it does raise the question why don't we hide Chapman as well since he is diabolical too? Burton was mostly hidden this year but started making a few appearances late.

Back