The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we keeping Burton when every single player despises him and knows he’s not up to the task?
His position is basically untenable, why wouldn’t he just leave?
Because he lacks the self-awareness to realise that he's not up to the task, and the integrity to leave even if he did become aware.

Because he lacks the self-awareness to realise that he's not up to the task, and the integrity to leave even if he did become aware.

The bigger problem is that those above him refuse to acknowledge his lack of competence and do something about it. That shows they are either incompetent or corrupt themselves.

It would look far better for Brett to leave now prior to review findings then get sacked after they come out. I suspect he has been told he will be kept in any scenario and rebuild his brand etc.

I can't see him leaving.

It would look far better for Brett to leave now prior to review findings then get sacked after they come out. I suspect he has been told he will be kept in any scenario and rebuild his brand etc.

I can't see him leaving.

Guess I will be saving myself some money next year then. Will not be renewing while he is still around.

I'm genuinely curious what they will do about the supposed assassinations of Burton and others in the player reviews.

Do they just ignore it? Shuffle him sideways? Get rid of the players?
I think the first answer is that they are not sacking Burton. Everyone should get their heads around that ASAP.

The best possibly outcome we are looking at is a sideways move, with a high profile Football Manager coming in.

It will be sold as a restructure with Burton retaining enough portfolios for it to appear as though he’s lost nothing.

A dilution of his internal power base, dressed up as a restructure. That will be as good as it gets

We really are at the crossroads atm. We either make wholesale changes and rebuild or brush off the review as complete now that Pyke has left, and carry on business as usual.

If we get this wrong, we could become a Carlton/Melbourne level basketcase. I feel for any of our fans aged 50 and over. They will likely never see us win another flag in their lifetime.

I think the first answer is that they are not sacking Burton. Everyone should get their heads around that ASAP.

The best possibly outcome we are looking at is a sideways move, with a high profile Football Manager coming in.

It will be sold as a restructure with Burton retaining enough portfolios for it to appear as though he’s lost nothing.

A dilution of his internal power base, dressed up as a restructure. That will be as good as it gets

I'm leaning more to the player route. I still think we fundamentally believe the players are at fault for everything and we'll spend the next 2-3 seasons completely wiping out the playing list and turning it over. The most negative will be the first to go

But what will Phil do ??

Burton's ego won't tolerate a move sideways IMO

What if it’s stronger only due to the increased flow of cash from AO? What if it could have been even stronger with a better Chair?
What if it was worse, What if someone other Fagan pushed the SMA for a better deal. What if Thomas did not jump onboard with Fagan when they had that meeting re SMA.
"What if " is the same as "Could have, should have, would have"
Yes, the Adelaide oval move was beneficial, But it needs Fagan pushing along with Thomas towards the end to get a better deal. a couple of years in.
And we would be fools to believe Fagan acted without the full support of the board in those negotiations.

But what will Phil do ??

Burton's ego won't tolerate a move sideways IMO
Tough ! ........if he gets sacked from th AFC, he can kiss his AFL administation career goodbye .....so he'd be ill advised not to take a step back now, to save a sports admin career

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I reckon most people would take it. If we can get him out of making ANY decisions whatsoever to do with our footy team... it's a win.

Brad Crouch on AA said the players have done their external review interviews. I can't see why the review would take much longer to finish.
I suspect it started mid early to mid August.

Wasn't there talk the AIS guy and other guy were doing some work at the club already "on the payroll". They may have been conducting the first part of the review.

In any case logistically this review would have been 8n the pipeline not long after the bye. Working out how to do it, the people and timeframes for the work as well as.getting them here and their own (other) commitments. No way they organised it around the time they announced it.

Anyone who believes it started the week after the last game is nieve.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jobs a job. He has a family I assume.

Alternative is he can elect to move on

Maybe the AFL will give him a job. They recommended him after all.

Maybe the AFL will give him a job. They recommended him after all.
I believe if there was a $50 Burton tax on each membership to definitely see the back of him we would have record membership next year. If Burton survives along with Campo this club is doomed imo. Nothing would surprise me with RobTrump in charge.

Good that Pykey will still be part if the review

He can now provide brutal and honest input without the need to manage relationships next year within the footy dept

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Where has that been confirmed?

I also hope we’ve gone to Francou and Kaesler

Can anyone confirm how the assistant coach thing works?

Chapman could leave tomorow and we can replace him.
Burton could be fired tomorrow, and we could replace him.
If the assistants all had to be told by August 20 whether they had a job next year, presumably we'd have to pay them for next year before getting rid of them?

I wonder if the club will buckle at having to fire Burton, because they won't want a coach and a head of football to go in the same off-season.

As for Chapman saying Pyke's not getting a payout, sure.

I actually wonder, what if Pyke said, "I won't take my payout this year, because you'll need the room in the soft cap to pay out all the dead wood

But you can pay me the year after, indexed, thank you."

Back