The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This! I couldn't believe that comment: "it's leadership 101 to back your people in".

What absolute nonsense. That's a cop out.

That's the opposite of leadership because you never have to make a hard call.
Giving your employees confidence and support is one thing, ignoring any and all performance (or lack of) and simply 'backing them' is insanity. 100% a cop out.

The guy is a complete idiot and has destroyed the culture of the club.

The Senior players reportedly love Campo. Of course they do - he has learnt fully from Chapman - no wonder they were perplexed as to why they weren't straight back in the team despite poor performances.

Both need to go. Only chance we have is a complete and utter broom through the whole club.

Pardon my intrusion, but Prussian Field Marshall General Graf von Moltke's value matrix is always handy in an executive review process:

• Smart & Lazy: I make them my Commanders because they make the right things happen but find the easiest ways to accomplish the mission.

• Smart & Energetic: I make them my General Staff Officers because they make intelligent plans that make the right things happen.

• Dumb & Lazy: I make them lower-grade officers as there are menial tasks that they can do and they follow orders without causing much harm.

• Dumb & Energetic: These are dangerous and must be eliminated. They make things happen but the wrong things - so cause trouble.

How would y'all rate current AFC executive staff by reference to the above?
Like this.

Burton is definitely in the Dumb & Energetic category.

Pardon my intrusion, but Prussian Field Marshall General Graf von Moltke's value matrix is always handy in an executive review process:

• Smart & Lazy: I make them my Commanders because they make the right things happen but find the easiest ways to accomplish the mission.

• Smart & Energetic: I make them my General Staff Officers because they make intelligent plans that make the right things happen.

• Dumb & Lazy: I make them lower-grade officers as there are menial tasks that they can do and they follow orders without causing much harm.

• Dumb & Energetic: These are dangerous and must be eliminated. They make things happen but the wrong things - so cause trouble.

How would y'all rate current AFC executive staff by reference to the above?

I really enjoyed that.

was talking to a mate on the wkend who knows BB fairly well through their kids' sport, and he used pretty much these exact words to describe the bloke.

"can't tell him anything" was also mentioned.
As long as we tell him:

“Burton you’re fired”

Anyone else feel this review has found its Whitch and no further movement of staff will occur?

Roo and Fagan are obviously locked in if they are assembling a Coach selection committee amongst themselves.

Head of footy and Chairman should have been the first to go if this review had any scope beyond Coaching appointments and so Im feeling the best we can hope for now is that Campo gets shown the door, but I have a feeling we will need to retain him at least until the new coach arrives.

Ahhhhhh well. It's been fun. See you all back here in 3-4 years.

was talking to a mate on the wkend who knows BB fairly well through their kids' sport, and he used pretty much these exact words to describe the bloke.

"can't tell him anything" was also mentioned.
He's like a Victorian. You can always tell a Victorian, you just can't tell them much!

Anyone else feel this review has found its Whitch and no further movement of staff will occur?

Roo and Fagan are obviously locked in if they are assembling a Coach selection committee amongst themselves.

Head of footy and Chairman should have been the first to go if this review had any scope beyond Coaching appointments and so Im feeling the best we can hope for now is that Campo gets shown the door, but I have a feeling we will need to retain him at least until the new coach arrives.

Ahhhhhh well. It's been fun. See you all back here in 3-4 years.
Not at all. I think Dunstall & co will be extremely diligent in their review, and I expect that it will highlight a whole heap of problems which go well beyond Don Pyke.

What does concern me are the Board's actions (or lack thereof) which will follow the report's completion.

I'm taking Burton's absence from the Coach Selection Committee as a positive, indicating that there may be further changes (i.e. Burton's sacking) once the report is handed down. On the other hand, I'm also pessimistic about Chapman's willingness and desire to put personal relationships aside and do what is best for the club.

Not at all. I think Dunstall & co will be extremely diligent in their review, and I expect that it will highlight a whole heap of problems which go well beyond Don Pyke.

What does concern me are the Board's actions (or lack thereof) which will follow the report's completion.

I'm taking Burton's absence from the Coach Selection Committee as a positive, indicating that there may be further changes (i.e. Burton's sacking) once the report is handed down. On the other hand, I'm also pessimistic about Chapman's willingness and desire to put personal relationships aside and do what is best for the club.

Yeah good point on Burtons absence.
Hopefully this is a sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And so the whispering campaign starts. Put the others on the pedestal and kick these 2 to the gutter. Weak dogs

It’s pathetically predictable.
Was always going to happen that somehow it was Tex’s fault.
8CA3C4D7-4919-4DC5-B946-9AD30C3AE310.gif
Way things are at the moment no bastard is going to defend him publicly in case THAT sends the bedwetters into even more conniptions.

13 weeks from the last game to draft
Week 1. Douglas and Otten finished
Week 2. Tex steps down as captain
Week 3. Pyke resigns
Week 4 Burton Camporeale Chapman ??
Week 5 Coach announced
Week 6
Trade Week Jenkins, Keath, Greenwood
Trade Week. Betts, Sauce,
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12 Hunter delisted
Week 13. MacKay delisted
Draft Week.

MacKay will get a year

The fact their doing their own "internal review" likely means they'll only act on issues that both parties find.

So if Chapman and Roo are already saying Burton is a gun, you can probably guarantee what the internal review will say about him, so no action on him gets taken. If Burton gets moved, it won't be out the door, it'd probably be like Smart with the COO position. Give him his own pet project to work on and away from football matters.

The fact their doing their own "internal review" likely means they'll only act on issues that both parties find.

So if Chapman and Roo are already saying Burton is a gun, you can probably guarantee what the internal review will say about him, so no action on him gets taken. If Burton gets moved, it won't be out the door, it'd probably be like Smart with the COO position. Give him his own pet project to work on and away from football matters.
And if that's the best we can do.... I'd take it! Let's hope it's not the best we can do.

I can live with that. No doubt there is another obscure sports team out there we can buy. Fu** Burton off to Timbuktu and see if they have a Dodgeball team for sale.

Rowey said the review is going along quickly and the external and internal reviews are finding similar themes and issues.

Expect announcements possibly sometime next week.

Just think in one week we could have Burton, Campo, Hass and Hart gone.

Rowey said the review is going along quickly and the external and internal reviews are finding similar themes and issues.

People on both reviews have signed confidentiality deeds so how would Rowie know this?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also

If Burton and Campo are part of the internal review shouldnt we be concerned that both reviews have found the same findings?

Its unlikely that Burton' is going to point the finger at himself as part of the internal review process

Also

If Burton and Campo are part of the internal review shouldnt we be concerned that both reviews have found the same findings?

Its unlikely that Burton' is going to point the finger at himself as part of the internal review process

Well that’s a good point, but I’m hoping Burton isn’t part of the internal review.

Given the speculation about him, surely that would rule him out of an internal review.

Back