The Review

Who will leave as a result of the review?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Only 3?

Chapman
Burton
Hass
Camporeale
Hart

All should have gone before (instead of) Pyke.
Exactly.

Today's announcement is a backwards step if those guys remain.

We will be in a worse position in 3 years time unless Burton, Campo are fired ASAP...and Chapman falls off his perch.

QSpok

Debutant
Sep 4, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
"So guys... are we still doing that review?" - Campo, probably to Roo and Burton.

Need to see much more, and a plan that involves more than getting us back in the 8 next year.

Read my earlier post, The review is bigger than 1 person.

I expect another coach to leave in the next few days/week. One that will please most players.

See what happens, fingers crossed.

QSpok

Debutant
Sep 4, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any chance of something that isn't vague?

He has accepted a very large payout. Meaning he was not valued anywhere in the playing list.

Once this settles i predict Camporeale will go soon, the only hold up is they just fixed a contributing factor but not the root cause. Replacement for Pyke may need to take prescience before more are let go.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He has accepted a very large payout. Meaning he was not valued anywhere in the playing list.

Once this settles i predict Camporeale will go soon, the only hold up is they just fixed a contributing factor but not the root cause. Replacement for Pyke may need to take prescience before more are let go.
If I was a prospective head coach that was approached, the very first thing I would demand is that I get to choose my senior assistant and line coaches

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Shocking!

Well, out of the finals two years in a row, gone.

Hardly a good sign for prospective coaches - we'll hamstring your list and saddle you with s**thouse coaches, but if you dn't make the finals two years in a row, you're gone!!!

"
He departs having coached the Club for four seasons, with his decision unrelated to the internal and external reviews of the football department which are currently taking place."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
That’s unfortunately a very bad sign that if he hasn’t left for reasons unrelated to the reviews the club is maintaining their must be in the finals mediocrity plan so no rebuilding and having a few bad years. How can we do a proper bottoming out rebuild.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Caro on 5AA saying Burton and Campo have (along with Pyke) received negative feedback from the players, as part of the review. Can't see them surviving. Also, said she thinks Chappy will finish up sooner rather than later. Thinks Fagan may survive. Does anyone know who Caro's sources are at the AFC? We leak like a sieve.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Caro on 5AA saying Burton and Campo have (along with Pyke) received negative feedback from the players, as part of the review. Can't see them surviving. Also, said she thinks Chappy will finish up sooner rather than later. Thinks Fagan may survive. Does anyone know who Caro's sources are at the AFC? We leak like a sieve.
Her source is Bigfooty and JJ.

The ones she used to have no longer have much to do with the club.

Generally, toxic environments leak like a sieve. Too many people are off-side to keep quiet.

That said, Fagan surviving is a very safe bet right now. He's got some levle of involvement in the review.

Back