Moved Thread The Richmond Dynasty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the actual dynasty of Richmond is when they finished 9th all those years in a row. 1 premiership and possibly 1 more which is not guaranteed is NOT a dynasty.

Kind of wish the crows had rocked up in 2017 because Richmond supporters heads have exploded big time and they have single handedly ruined big footy
To be fair, the majority of Tigers fans are fine. And even some of the big heads have mellowed. The OP has clearly not.

If you ignore the word dynasty it's a good point how Richmond have turned things around from a laughing stock to a powerhouse, and while no one knows what's to come in the future, they don't look like they'll be slowing down anytime soon.
Wrong, this is coming...
2820ED9F-EFC2-41E0-94C6-3794A6DD2230.jpeg

Even 2 flags in 3 years doth not a ‘dynasty’ maketh. It’s a good period of success.
Winning at least one flag every single decade, without fail, since the 50s, now THAT’S a dynasty.

OP speaks for the minority of Richmond supporters on this one.

You'd hope OP speaks for OP and OP alone...sadly I doubt that's remotely possible.

God there are some sad yellow and black campaigners who have seemingly fallen in love with the mythos of the 1970s sides - you're not intimidating, just laughably arrogant after one flag; you might as well put "Kick me" signs on your backs for fans of 17 other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the response from Richmond fans here haha. Kudos.

Hopefully the OP was just a troll in which case I found it very amusing.

Still, impressive what Richmond have done the past decade if you look back:

Their dynasty prior to now has really been that of complete and utter incompetence / failure:
Between 1983 -> 2012 (so almost 3 decades) they made finals twice. (3rd both times). They had a real knack for finishing just outside of finals too.

Hardwick entered 2010.
Since 2012 they've made finals 6 out of 7 times (including this year) and won 1 premiership.

Making finals consistently for multiple years after 3 decades of being non-competitive is probably more impressive then the 1 premiership at the minute.

Need more than one flag and a flogging for a dynasty boys , forgot last year already ?

Let's face it you are the mothers child of the afl because of $$$ they make from your deluded members

Lot of work to do on the dynasty boys , don't hold your breath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back