Prediction The Ridiculous, Far-Too-Early 2018 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Make a couple of tips.

1) Harley Balic plays 16 games.
2) Our second-highest goalscorer is Jake Melksham.
3) Clarry goes top 5 in the Brownlow.

1. Hogan kicks 50
2. Brayshaw wins B&F
3. Gawn has another average year
4. Bernie Vince retires mid year
5. We finish 5th and make a semi vs Adelaide or Sydney
6. Oliver is top 3 in Brownlow
7. Viney is AA captain
8. T Mac plays lots of time in the ruck & forward
9. Harmes has a top 5 finish in our B&F
10. We beat North

Reports all pre season that the team has never had a pre season like this before and the club is primed to push towards a flag, finals is no non negotiable.
We go backwards And finish 12th.
Pies, dogs and saints go past us with the blues and lions to follow suit in 2019.
Membership to drop back to 38k.
Rebuild to start at seasons end.
Port wins the premiership.
Got nothing good to say.... ok I'll try, Jetta does ok, makes 40 man AA squad only to miss the 22.

And so ends year 54 of no premiership.

1. Brayshaw for most improvement
2. Dion Johnstone will debut
3. We will make the eight but get flogged in week 1

2. Brayshaw wins B&F
5. We finish 5th and make a semi vs Adelaide or Sydney
6. Oliver is top 3 in Brownlow
7. Viney is AA captain
9. Harmes has a top 5 finish in our B&F

9 isn't to ridiculous to think.
I love your precision in all 5, 6, and 7

Viney AA being the most likely of the three, but i probably dont know much.

have doubts on next year, read the main board ladder prediction and cringed! most had us top 8 and some even top 4.

Viney to lead our brownlow count and take out the b&f
Oliver to had a quiet year in comparison to 2017
T Mac to kill most goals
Lever to finish in our top 10 B&F
Vince to retire at the end of 2018
Lewis to retire at the end of 2018
Beat North at least once
Brayshaw will be better than Tyson by end of season
Hogan to request trade after 2018 season
Watts will outscore Dixon at Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we (miraculously) win the premiership we won’t get full enjoyment from it, because the media narrative will be that the afl are rigging the competition in favour of long suffering Victorian clubs. Especially if we finish outside the top 4 and manage a blessed run with the umpires.

Listen to your gut. It seldum lies.

This whole offseason has been amateurish.

Goodwin in front of a camera is a ******* liability. It's frightening. Is good in a 1 on 1, but my god he can't dance for the camera.
Amateurish is a stretch.

You're wrong on Mahoney. That dude accepts no excuses or half efforts. He's one of the few drivers of the "near enough is not good enough" attitude that has been sorely lacking.

Pick 31 sucks, but Jack couldnt handle that standard.

Mods can we start a melts thread for this crap?

Reports all pre season that the team has never had a pre season like this before and the club is primed to push towards a flag, finals is no non negotiable.
Pies, dogs and saints go past us with the blues and lions to follow suit in 2019.
Got nothing good to say.... ok I'll try, Jetta does ok, makes 40 man AA squad only to miss the 22.

Don't know how you're arriving at this conclusion. Only thing I can think of is that you're bitter about the Jack Watts trade and think that our hardball tactics with a guy that operates at 60% effort is a bit much.

Don't know how you're arriving at this conclusion. Only thing I can think of is that you're bitter about the Jack Watts trade and think that our hardball tactics with a guy that operates at 60% effort is a bit much.

MFCSS clearly in full effect round here.

I think Striker475 answered your question :D:p

Seriously, you can't please some Melbourne supporters. 5 years ago we were too soft and couldn't win a hard ball, had no structure, no leadership other than Jones, and no heart. Fast forward to the end of 2017 and the club has said we've had enough, Goodwin, Mahoney and Jones have roasted Watts publicly and forced one of the old guard out of the club for a pisspoor 2017 after a great 2016.

I think some supporters just want us to fail, and have got no idea what it's like to actually start making decisions for the better. For the first time in a long time this club has put together a list, game plan, and attitude that can challenge for finals and beyond.

The attitude of some people here is exactly what drove us into the mire under Bailey and Neeld. No change, no effort. Just like a hamster in a cage. We've finally started to drop our balls. I couldn't give a * how Goodwin presents to the media, he is there to make hard calls to move our club forward. 2017 was a great step forward. Look no further than our ladder trajectory since Roos took over.

Get real. We are playing finals in 2018 and I am glad it's without Jack 'Pea heart' Watts.

Premiers and then 99% of opposition supporters will dismiss it because it's the third year in a row where a fairytale premiership has come along

Remove this Banner Ad

Back