Prediction The Ridiculous, Far-Too-Early 2018 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodwin in front of a camera is awful, but he can coach.

I think he's cool as a cucumber.

He's just got limited charisma, but that's not really a priority for us now.

Roos was a godsend at that time. I've heard him admit that he wasnt at the forefront of modern footy tactics though, and that Goodwin was (despite the basic structures remaining the same for some years).

Roos was a far better media operator than Goody but I saw more successful tactical moves from our coaching box this year than I did in 14-15-16. It is just a question of man management from here for Goody imo

Bit more to work with this year though, to be fair.

Goodwin in front of a camera is awful, but he can coach.
I always imagine game day is like this

Opening Bounce
"Ok lads, we've been practicing this game plan of mine all summer. Its high risk high reward and needs every man making good smart of footy decisions around the ball"

QT - 6 goals down
"Ok well we'll practise that plan some more next week....
Tmac get your arse forward
Lewis... sit behind the ball
Play defensive then give it to Jayden
ANB.... run like buggery when we get it so you end up alone in the 50."

I think OMAC will have a breakout season. He’s got good size, he’s quick and he’s brave. The only thing holding him back last year was inexperience and lack of body strength. I reckon Oscar will be our CHB for the next decade, hopefully including a few flags.
In other predictions, I think Watts will be totally underwhelming at Port. I’m watching the round one game now and he is just awful in the contest. I liked him as a person but really he is a sub-par AFL player.
And Clarry to win the Brownlow. He’ll kick it more this coming season and he will be well and truly on the umps radar after last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the one. He’s a jarred Waite clone, but hopefully with more than half a brain.
Having the two smiths on our list is confusing me a lot.

And Clarry to win the Brownlow. Hr.

I have said this for a while, but i think Truck will win a brownlow Before before Clarry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back