Moved Thread The Riewoldt cousins

Who is the better player ?

• Nick Riewoldt

• Jack Riewoldt

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacks just about the smartest and most beautifully skilled two sided player I’ve ever seen, yet Nick wins which shows just how good he was.

Coming in 2nd to Nick Reiwoldt isnt a bad thing. He was a freak.
Him and Richo changed how modern forwards play with their running ability.

Jack is a star and under rated but Nick is the better player.

I'm my opinion, Jack has matured into a much better and rounded footballer the last 2 or so seasons. I think he's a very smart and instinctive footballer, more so than Nick, but overall Nick has fairly comfortably been better.

That couldnt be more wrong. Jack hasnt played as a set full forward for 4-5 years.

He doesn't play a true CHF role like Riewoldt or Richo did where he roams up the ground to provide that link man marking target, he's still a guy that is most effective playing closer to goals.

Not that it makes him a bad player, he's still good in that role but he doesn't have the impact on games that Nick did unless he kicks a bag.

He doesn't play a true CHF role like Riewoldt or Richo did where he roams up the ground to provide that link man marking target, he's still a guy that is most effective playing closer to goals.

Not that it makes him a bad player, he's still good in that role but he doesn't have the impact on games that Nick did unless he kicks a bag.
I mean youre not wrong that his not a true CHF like those 2. But he does move up the ground, he does play as a link player reguallry. Hes not the big contested mark playing up the hald back line, but he regularly is the player up in the forward half he links up and then passes the ball to the players runnning past.
Also fid you watch any of the finals last year?
Im sure it was mentioned over and over again by the commentary team that Jack just needs to bring the ball to ground to have a win.
With a small forward line just halving a contenst and not letting the opposition mark it creates a HUGE impact for Richmond.
Then on op of that he works hard to pressure, chase, tackle, man marks and make sure the ball then doesnt leave.

So no, he really doesnt need to kick a big to have an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an absolute no contest. Nick at his best was unplayable. There aren’t many opposition players you feel like applauding but he was one.

No offence to Nick, but I am not sure how he got such an incredible reputation as a footballer when as a KP forward he just could not kick for goal properly.

I know I am biased but Jack was a better goal kicker, smarter footballer, and better skilled all round. Nick was for sure a better athlete

There is literally 1% difference in their career accuracy :drunk:

Richmond fans never cease to amaze me.

Jack has played in a period of VFL/AFL footy that is uniquely hostile to his best position so I think he will always be underrated. That said, Nick was the second best key forward of this century so far. No contest.

Because people like to talk down Jack for some reason.

Not being as good overall as Nick isnt a bad thing. Jack is a star.

He is and to be fair, 90% of forwards who have played in the last 20 years wouldn’t be near Nick’s standard, so it’s not a bad place to be. He’s a great forward regardless.

Back