The Rise and Rise of Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly how we want it. Greenwood is a 6 foot 4 contested beast midfielder who takes pack marks and scores goals as you said. And Ellis-Yolmen is another contested animal. Had a lazy 33 touches last week. No opposition rate either of them. They all think our midfield consists of Brad and Matt Crouch and Sloane only. Love it. Slipping nicely under the radar.

Wish the people in charge had realised this. Could of got more for the crouches and had a better midfieldat the same time.. they seemed to not realise we fell apart last season after yolmen and greenwood werent feeding the ctouched their cheap possessions.

Wish the people in charge had realised this. Could of got more for the crouches and had a better midfieldat the same time.. they seemed to not realise we fell apart last season after yolmen and greenwood werent feeding the Crouches their cheap possessions.

Happy with that call I made. Both players are now gone, and look at us............ stone motherless last, with a percentage of 50%.

He's top 5 this year in clearances, tackles, pressure acts, contested possessions etc. Doing super well at the Suns.

Manage to beat off the Saints and Hawks in trade period 2019 for him. Unreal player, contested beast. Very lucky to have him, hope he can go for hard for a few more years then park in the forward line in his later years.

Adelaide has moved on a lot of players over the last few years and some of those decisions made sense eg. Betts, Jenkins. I will never understand the decision to move on Greenwood and Lyons though. You need some mature bodies to help the kids. Just baffling list management.

someone had to make room for chayce jones and there's no way they'd get rid of superstar 250 gamer (almost!) and contested beast david mackay.

Manage to beat off the Saints and Hawks in trade period 2019 for him. Unreal player, contested beast. Very lucky to have him, hope he can go for hard for a few more years then park in the forward line in his later years.

I believe his parents now live on the Gold Coast. Probably went a fair way to influence the move considering he and his partner just had a kid together.

On his 2021 season he definitely seems to be flying under the radar - him, Touk Miller and Brandon Ellis have quietly been playing very well for the Suns. Only a matter of time before it get's noticed in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a national disgrace how a guy from a non contact sport is bossing every AFL player for hes physicality.

No wonder AFL recruiters are looking for the next best thing in darts

Adelaide has moved on a lot of players over the last few years and some of those decisions made sense eg. Betts, Jenkins. I will never understand the decision to move on Greenwood and Lyons though. You need some mature bodies to help the kids. Just baffling list management.

will either play in our next flag though? No. So in effect, they would be taking games off kids that will. Understand the sentiment, though.

Crows sure have coughed up a few good ones the last few years - Cameron, Greenwood, Keath and Lyon.

valid reasons for them all though, mainly around contract length. Cameron wanted out for a few reasons not just the s**t culture at the time, Keith was offered the farm from Bulldogs, Greenwood wanted too many years on the contract and Lyon IS baffling.

however..... hindsight may judge that the crows knew they were in rebuild mode and wanted to get maximum value for some of these guys to build our next flag squad.

will either play in our next flag though? No. So in effect, they would be taking games off kids that will. Understand the sentiment, though.

You keep ball winners and trade out downhill skiers like Lynch though. Tex won't be in our next flag tilt, he's taking games off Fogarty, I don't see you posting a lot about that. But, but, but experience.

You keep ball winners and trade out downhill skiers like Lynch though. Tex won't be in our next flag tilt, he's taking games off Fogarty, I don't see you posting a lot about that. But, but, but experience.

Ha ha what an absurd post...... you don't see me posting about that? How the hell do you know what I think and what I post about? FYI I totally agree about Fogarty and have posted as such. But I don't live on this site like blokes like you do. So no, you probably wouldn't know what I've posted about.

Baffling list management and Hugh Greenwood. Name a more iconic duo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back