Event The Rising Star Committee Presents: The Season 30 Rising Star Awards Night

Who will take out this Seasons Rising Star?

• PMBangers

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Mister M

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Kilroy

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • T2B_

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Muddiemoose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • guero

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • tony

• FootyGuy13

• Supersuns

• BLUEALLTHRU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RobR

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MC Bad Genius

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

R U OK Bro?

Shoulder is *ing sore ... throat hurts like Ive given head to a donkey but sure, I'm ok, we will go with that.

Shoulder is *ing sore ... throat hurts like Ive given head to a donkey but sure, I'm ok, we will go with that.
I'm sorry to hear that man. But it would be remiss of me to let slide that you know how your throat feels after giving head to a donkey. 🤣

It's great to see you man. How are things?

Im struggling a bit to be honest.. between..

Teaching Yemeni orphans..
2u4mcn.jpg

Keeping my wives happy..
3o7o2n.jpg

My male modelling gigs..
3wutqt.jpg

Being on the cast of 'Iraqi wants a wife..
3v22mz.jpg

Helping Santoz launch his clothing range..
3y3iox.jpg

Being on the news..
3v22yk.jpg

Volunteering at the Royal Tikrit Lifesaving Club..
6KJTJ6s.jpg

Donating my superior sperm at various sperm banks..
29F59EEE-07D8-4CD7-A102-27E5E83251BF.gif

Running my Cafe, the 'Allah Snakbhar'..
46rvqg.jpg

And keeping my huge utensil active..
465zxr.jpg

And walking the dog..
4olntk.jpg

Im really struggling for time pal..

I'd like to thank the Committee for all their hard work, all the S30 rookies for keeping it real and the wider Sweet FA community for sustaining us all thru the lockdown.

Personally I'd like to thank CALL ME SNAKE Antonio BlueVein Tony Lynn 15 Hai_Newman and the rest of the team for a wild season.

I'd trade this award for a better outcome in the Preliminary Final, cos that actually did hurt to have gotten so close.

Good luck to both teams on Sunday.

Well done mate, so glad now everyone else can see what a splendid kent you are.:thumbsu:

I was a better human being before watching this...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done mate, so glad now everyone else can see what a splendid kent you are.:thumbsu:

OMG, what in the name of Leonard *ing Cohen did I just watch!

Congratulation Kilroy on taking out the Rising Star for this season, awesome effort! Well done also to the placegetters in Muddiemoose and T2B_, to FootyGuy13 and PMBangers for winning the Top Gun & Pyre respectively, and to all rookies who made the top whatever it was.

Champagne hosting tonight Bastyy! Many thanks to you and to the whole Rising Star Committee for all the work you put in (and all the pissfarting around we did!). Special shout out to GremioPower for keeping us all in line, if project management was an Olympic sport then you would be a gold medalist.

If you thought it was all over though rooks, think again - the fun has only just begun!!

IMG_0815.JPG

#1. Kilroy (BOM), 132pts
View attachment 1026783

Write-up by Santoz

Picture this.

A rookie poster to the league with an exceptional idea for weekday, weeknight, and weekend camaraderie between combating clubs or blow-ins called Metalcrusher, BLUEALLTHRU, RobR or Genghis Tron.

The basic idea being like a drive-by raid that is a short, sharp 1-2 hour show with a particular theme. Very much like a PBS or RRR radio program. It doesn't have to be exclusively any one type of theme. It could be the production vehicle for anything specific – some comedy, heavy metal, crooners, African music, sports highlights or even movie trailers.

This poster would word people up in the lead up that week (or even just earlier that day) with guerrilla marketing through storytelling tagging using images and gifs.

He envisaged that it could just as easily be a segment in his smash hit creation and curation ‘TubeRadio’ or separate on a completely different day. It doesn't have to be at night or regular.

Welcome to... GuerrillaRadio!

Welcome to what the exceptional first-season poster and yours S30 Rising Star Award winner, Kilroy, has brought to the SFA.

In what turned out to be the toughest season the SFA has ever endured due to the bloody real world, Kilroy was able to bring a sense of community and commonality to us all through his love for, passion of and unparalleled understanding of a host of quality tunes.

I’m sure the majority of us reading this would all agree that we all enjoyed Kilroy's contributions to the league this season, whether we jumped in and activelly engajed in it or lurked in the background just getting a feel for what the posting contingent were vibing at the time.

At times, he was criticised for his posting numbers by outsiders – certainly envious of his exploits and talents and probably those who ended up licked by his ever increasing propensity to dish out a jab as the season progressed.

From early on though, many could see the talent was there, including unsuspected Committee members:

Being a class act poster wasn’t just all, though. His off field exploits only make up half the matter. To be considered the best all-round rookie this season then one needed to perform on field also, and Kilroy has also improved the Bombers through his qooty skills.

Besides registering the the 3rd-highest ARSE for the season, Kilroy was among the Top-10 rookie in several stats:

- Disposals, 10th (245)
- Kicks, 8th (132)
- Marks, 8th (67)
- Goals, 6th (15)
- Scoring Shots, 6th (25)
- Points Scored, 6th (100)
- DT, 10th (953)
- EXIE, 10th (1146)

Kilroy have not only accumulated stats throughout the season, but he excelled in some matches as well – finally earning a Gun in R9. His 4-goal 22-disposal 113-DT performance over MWPP and Bipolarbear has let the Committee in awe:

An outstanding season stat-wise by Kilroy in the Wayne Carey pivot; the hardest position to play on a Qooty field.

Congratulations Kilroy on beating all and sundry your rookie class and becoming the Season 30 Rising Star – the rightful winner of the sausageroll Medal.

May you not be cursed and continue to live long and prosperous in the SFA for the enjoyment of all!

Gun: R9
ARSE: 1,338.65 (avg. 83.67)
Positions (2):
CHF, 11; C, 5.
Season Stats:

(SFA) S30 Stats - Kilroy.PNG

Torch: R2
Season Grade: 97.50
Match-Thread Wins: 10
Total Match-Thread Posts: 2,552 (avg. 159.50)

View attachment 1026784

I'd like everyone to raise their glass to the Season 30 winner, Kilroy, and congratulate him on a wonderful season
Congrats to the leagues best DJ. One of my favourites in the league.

This is the best award to win Kilroy. Well done :)

Also well done to the RS committee. What an absolutely blinding effort by you all this season.

To the disco!

Back