Analysis The Road To (unlikely) Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean beating Richmond in the Grand Final, right?
If we can beat GWS, Geelong and Brisbane on our way to the Grand Final, then Richmond will be a no contest. Saints to win the Grand Final by 10 goals

The main two openings right now are Port dropping a game (only one that looks likely is Nth at Marvel, their other two are Sydney and Freo at home).
Or Essendon losing all three games (could happen).
And the small issue of us winning all of our games.
Port are the type of team to smash Essendon in Melbourne then let Freo beat them

I reckon our season fell apart because of Doug Booth's bizarre moment of madness
When he kicked a stray dog in front of 75 thousand people at VFL Park!

Very little good will came our way after that moment! The Essendon game of course
Proved critical too with the fall out on our image and the subsequent suspensions
That came with it!
Typical bloody sooks Essendon! They are such Animals they cried!
Sadly we were not strong enough as a club to stand up and defend ourselves!
Familiar theme?

That season brings back so many memories....good and bad.

The club went into freefall after the Don's game at Moorabbin....what a day tho.

A sunny afternoon from memory....30 K packed into the ground....and we saluted.

After the Bombers were screaming "animals" the next day....things went pear shaped.....and very badly at that.

Big Carl went bush for weeks and a few 100 point floggings came our way during a very dark winter(Western Oval ...Kelvin Templeton anyone)

Was there to witness that absolute disaster.

We came home like a train and missed the 8 by 2 points.

A warmish afternoon at Moorabbin for the last game against Carlton.......35 K packed in and big rexy signaling goals.

And Robbie Muir throwing hay makers.

It didn't get any better than that afternoon.

Whilst a Geelong win today would be nice, it doesn't really matter. We play the Dockers in the run home anyway and need to win three or four of our last four games. So we can control the outcome there.

Really it's imperative we win tonight and then hope Adelaide & Port Adelaide drop a game.

Whilst a Geelong win today would be nice, it doesn't really matter. We play the Dockers in the run home anyway and need to win three or four of our last four games. So we can control the outcome there.

Really it's imperative we win tonight and then hope Adelaide & Port Adelaide drop a game.
and the doggies

Hmm, Einstein's theory of relativity would be easier to figure out...but I'll have a look & see what we need to do over the final three games :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's still mathematically possible but we would have to win all our remaining game and then we need the Crows to lose all their remaining games with a number of other results going our way so not much chance.

Even if by some miracle we did sneak into finals we'd probably just get bundled out in the first week anyway, better off getting a better draft pick for next year.

Nah, better off getting bundled out of finals.

After almost a decade of not playing finals it would be great to make it again but you want to make it with a team that is ready to have a decent crack at it.

The team we currently have isn't ready, hopefully next year we will be.

After almost a decade of not playing finals it would be great to make it again but you want to make it with a team that is ready to have a decent crack at it.

The team we currently have isn't ready, hopefully next year we will be.

If by chance we do make finals, then yeah, the team is ready to play finals. Winning games is what matters, I hate the attitude about "not ready" and "better draft picks" it just develops a losing culture.

I still have no thoughts of finals, no way i will be clutching at straws ;)

Wake me up if and when we finish in the 8 :D

Prior to last night I was feeling the same way.

A complete novelty but highly unlikely IMO.

Ratts wasn't going to magically turn it all around in the space of 3 weeks.

Heaps to look forward to IMO.

Marshall,Coff,Hunter will def be on my watch radar in 2020.

I think we can go into 2020 with a lot of confidence.....draft/trade well ......say goodbye and thanks for yr service to those that will be leaving.

And of course...pray that the injury gods give us a few hail Mary's after 2 shocking years.

hate to bump this fellow saints tragics but if we win the last 2 and by some miracle freo and power draw or adelaide and dogs draw in the last game we finish 8th

there you go our unlikely road to the finals

Prior to last night I was feeling the same way.

A complete novelty but highly unlikely IMO.

Ratts wasn't going to magically turn it all around in the space of 3 weeks.

Heaps to look forward to IMO.

Marshall,Coff,Hunter will def be on my watch radar in 2020.

I think we can go into 2020 with a lot of confidence.....draft/trade well ......say goodbye and thanks for yr service to those that will be leaving.

And of course...pray that the injury gods give us a few hail Mary's after 2 shocking years.
Have you considered us finishing above Essendon on percentage?

Have you considered us finishing above Essendon on percentage?

I hadn't even thought of that possibility kosi…….It's certainly a possibility given the crazy results that are occurring.....you never say never !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back