Podcast The Roar Deal podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Browndog. Kaitlyn Ashmore is a teacher. GET HER A JOB.
A large Victorian Club would be offering a choice of many jobs. The Amateurs would have offered 10 by now that is how the Amateurs survive.....don't we have any influential people barracking for the lions in Qld.

Another great podcast as always.

Lyons sounds like a great guy with a very logical and calm approach to making it as an AFL Footballer. Can't say I've really seen enough from neafl and aflx to suggest he will become best 22 but improvement is a funny thing and if he keeps taking steps in the right direction the sky is the limit!

Interesting, he states that we will be going into both JLT games with best team type scenarios.
So a lot of blokes may not get a chance if thats the case.
Fagan also said a week or so ago that he would prefer 3 JLT games as opposed to 2 for the reason of being able to play a few more blokes. And with where our list is at, at the present time.

Good to hear Murray Davis on this week. Really adds something hearing the view from a few of the different coaches through a conversation instead of the courier mail etc. Nice work Lions

Absolutely loved the insight from all three guests. My only criticism would be that it kept me up late on a work night!
Don't try to listen when you go to bed. Find podcasts of any variety put me to sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been catching up on the backlog of these podcasts this week. Geez we have some young fellas who speak exceptionally well. Witherden, Cutler and Lyons in particular. I don't just mean they are polite and use fancy words, but they are also so considered and insightful in their answers to questions. Not sure if it's the result of some excellent inhouse training or whether they are just particularly impressive blokes with emotional intelligence beyond that of what's normal for blokes their age, let alone footballers.

The podcast itself just goes from strength to strength. The Fish and Dom dynamic is great. They've totally gelled.

Latest episode is up here with Jess Wuetschner and Midfield Coach Dale Tapping: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-03-08/the-roar-deal-episode-jess-2018

Hodgey won't be coming onto the podcast next week as was planned. He will be on at some point when his schedule is a little lighter. Plan is to have Hipwood on next week and Fagan the week following.

The episodes will now likely be coming out late Thursday/early Friday from now on, due to a shift in the team's training schedule.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on the podcast!

Latest episode is up here with Jess Wuetschner and Midfield Coach Dale Tapping: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-03-08/the-roar-deal-episode-jess-2018

Hodgey won't be coming onto the podcast next week as was planned. He will be on at some point when his schedule is a little lighter. Plan is to have Hipwood on next week and Fagan the week following.

The episodes will now likely be coming out late Thursday/early Friday from now on, due to a shift in the team's training schedule.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on the podcast!

Another good episode. Only a minor issue, but not particularly interested in listening to the guys talk about married at first sight at the start of the episode. Seemed to go on and on and could be left till the end.

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-03-13/the-roar-deal-episode-17
New episode up and a great insight into life at board level from Sarah Kelly. Listening to her reassures me about how much better the Club is run these days. She also talks to the gambling issue that has generated a lot of talk on this site.
Oh they also talk to some kid called "Chipwood?". Sounds like a made up name.

Great hearing from Sarah Kelly - it's great having her on the board.

Information about the sports start-up hub is here for those interested.

I liked the bit where she talked about what the board talks about or considers at meetings. I think it would be great if the board/club released an overview of meeting discussions. It doesn't necessarily have to be verbatim meeting minutes bit perhaps quarterly or half yearly overviews of what is on the agenda and important to the board. It could be informative to members for things like the the new T&A facility.

As good as that would be, they wouldn' be able to say much, because 1) things are often in motion, back and forth, and 2) commercial confidence.

They would be unwise to provide running commentary on various topics. They'l let us know when there's something to know. And at the AGM.

I liked the bit where she talked about what the board talks about or considers at meetings. I think it would be great if the board/club released an overview of meeting discussions. It doesn't necessarily have to be verbatim meeting minutes bit perhaps quarterly or half yearly overviews of what is on the agenda and important to the board. It could be informative to members for things like the the new T&A facility.
I guess that would be contrary to her comments about the best Board being one you don’t notice.

Ideally, the Board sets the strategy and the management implements it. Ordinarily, communication should come from the club, not the Board. There are other clubs where the Chair is highly visible and vocal and I reckon that runs the risk of the Board assuming management responsibilities. When that occurs, neither management nor the Board can be performing their roles well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back