The Robodebt Royal Commission

Remove this Banner Ad

Centrelink staff were tired of so many suicides related to their customers and the Robodebt program, and under siege as a result of it, that the inappropriate tone of some written communications reflected this, as opposed to showing empathy and genuine concern for the tragedy of the suicides, and stopping the program immediately.

This is written by departmental staff, not Centrelink front line grunts.

But I can almost guarantee you the people who wrote the bulk of this ******* hated it and would have tried to put more empathy in, it just would have been removed as it went through clearances either with senior executives or Ministerial advisors.

Only Liberal governments sell cruelty to their fucvkwit constituents.

Could you imagine what type of social support this country would have enshrined in legislation if not for Labor Governments?

People would be dying in the streets faster than in Liberal Government run Aged care.
Except when the ALP shies away from doing anything politically unpopular such as increasing unemployment benefits to a decent level.

Except when the ALP shies away from doing anything politically unpopular such as increasing unemployment benefits to a decent level.
That is not the only one. Add treatment of asylum seekers as another shocking black mark. Action on the environment.

However, “politically unpopular” is the key. At what point do Australians themselves have to accept some responsibility for the above issues?

95% of Australians barely even know this RC is happening and would not care one bit about what the Morrison government did. A lot would completely approve.

These things happen because Australians let them happen.

That is not the only one. Add treatment of asylum seekers as another shocking black mark. Action on the environment.

However, “politically unpopular” is the key. At what point do Australians themselves have to accept some responsibility for the above issues?

95% of Australians barely even know this RC is happening and would not care one bit about what the Morrison government did. A lot would completely approve.

As long as we allow special interest groups to donate large sums of money to political parties in return for favourable treatment, corruption of all types will not only flurish, it will be embedded and encouraged

…..the main reason is we have s**t media.

I’m not even sure that such a measure has the same unpopularity given many peoples recent experiences during Covid lockdown

They weren't going to rest before they'd destroyed social security in the country but Duts is still up in arms over the super wealthy losing a tax break.

I’m not even sure that such a measure has the same unpopularity given many peoples recent experiences during Covid lockdown
They cynically increased the amount of unemployment benefits temporarily during covid, so that the exceptional recipients wouldn't realise how bad it is normally.

Last edited:
The elites own the media. Corporate lobby groups are just content providers

There is growing support for Independent journalism which is good.
Like Jordan Shanks, Shane Dowling Knight in shining Lama, MichaelWest … etc…
People are seeing through the MSM bullshit are are willing to donate to good journalism ….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

abc news report suggests commish has authority to recommend prosecution of individuals if RC believes they have acted unlawfully

will be interesting to see what they come up with in the final report

will be interesting to see what they come up with in the final report

Cleaning Up GIF by Boomerang Official

There's a lot of hate for twitter and those who repost from that platform. Much of it valid. Some of it not.

And of course as with any media- print or online - there's stuff that deserves to be referenced because it has validity and importance and stuff that deserves to be trashed.

The judgement and responsibility is ours.

Take the time to listen to the Catherine Holmes AC SC - Lead Commissioner for the Royal Commission into the disgraceful RoboDebt Scheme on this point. Her support for social media, above the traditional media platforms, in shining a light on her deliberations is something pretty special I think.

There's a lot of hate for twitter and those who repost from that platform. Much of it valid. Some of it not.

And of course as with any media- print or online - there's stuff that deserves to be referenced because it has validity and importance and stuff that deserves to be trashed.

Take the time to listen to the Catherine Holmes AC SC - Lead Commissioner for the Royal Commission into the disgraceful RoboDebt Scheme on this point. Her support for social media, above the traditional media platforms, in shining a light on her deliberations is something pretty special I think.

Ok I think she must have missed the coverage of the RC into the Unions …. 😂

Pretty good and not so veiled swipe at the traditional media 👍

From 25 August:

In terms of uncovering wrongdoing, unfortunately I think we are going to get a lot of 'I don't recall', and a lot of word salads from Morrison. That said, even if the dick head says nothing of substance, it would be fun to have Morrison being grilled by a hard-nosed QC and see him come up with bull**** responses.
I think I got a lot right, except for the QC part.

From Rick Morton whose twitter commentary throughout the RC received commendation from Commissioner Holmes and whose article in today's SaturdayPaper is essential reading.

Fq-a35eaIAEaguG

And a reminder that as our new PM makes by far the biggest defence announcement in Australian history (in both strategic and dollar terms) from San Diego tomorrow, the senior public servant who is now guiding Australia's engagement in the AUKUS partnership is the same public servant who sat and did nothing while the stinking RoboDebt sewer she was in charge of flowed into the homes and lives of some of the most poorest and disadvantaged people in our society.

That person is Former Human Services secretary Kathryn Campbell.

select_screen_shot_2023-03-09_at_3.18.54_pm_2.jpeg

Last edited:
If only the families of Robodebt victims could make Kathryn Campbell understand their pain.

There's a scene from Reservoir Dogs that might fit the bill.

I wouldn't stop at one ear though.

From Rick Morton whose twitter commentary throughout the RC received commendation from Commissioner Holmes and whose article in today's SaturdayPaper is essential reading.

Fq-a35eaIAEaguG

And a reminder that as our new PM makes by far the biggest defence announcement in Australian history (in both strategic and dollar terms) from San Diego tomorrow, the senior public servant who is now guiding Australia's engagement in the AUKUS partnership is the same public servant who sat and did nothing while the stinking RoboDebt sewer she was in charge of flowed into the homes and lives of some of the most poorest and disadvantaged people in our society.

That person is Former Human Services secretary Kathryn Campbell.

select_screen_shot_2023-03-09_at_3.18.54_pm_2.jpeg
She does look legitimately scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back