Prediction The Roll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 370732
That's the only roll that matters...
Come on Man. If you are going to reference the roll then please do it correctly.

Chiko%20Roll_zpsr7ozpjlk.jpg

I heartily endorse the premise of this thread. For what it's worth, we were 4 points away on the weekend from being 12th rather than 17th so this season really is very close. From a few weeks back (might have been from around the Geelong game) I've thought to be a realistic chance of finals we'd want to be 6-6 at the bye or maybe 5-7 at a stretch and we happen to come into form after our bye. At this stage that means going 4-0 at the bye or 3-1 at absolute worst. Certainly doable and I think our draw get in the back-half of the year isn't overly bad. I think individually our next 4 games are all winnable but it's probably harder to make a case that we can play winning football for 4 games in a row rather than a case for beating every team individually. Regardless:

Hawthorn (MCG) - Despite them having one more win I'd say we've played better footy so far this year. They lost comfortably to Essendon and Adelaide (MCG), got belted by Gold Coast (Metricon) and Geelong before winning very comfortably against West Coast (at MCG, West Coast's bogey ground) then getting smacked by St.Kilda (Tasmania), a hard-fought win against Melbourne and then a comfortable win against Brisbane (Tasmania). The thing that worries me most about them is that they've been our bogey side for years but I think you can make a reasonable argument that we can knock them off.

Brisbane (MCG) - At the MCG. Brisbane will probably end up finishing last so we really should knock them off.

Fremantle (DS) - Being in WA makes this that much harder. Although I don't think this Collingwood team fears travel. It's hard to get a read on Freo. If they continue their current form (Carlton in WA then Adelaide in SA) then it might be a bridge too far given their home ground advantage. However, I don't think they're as strong as years gone by (2016 excluded of course). Probably the hardest match-up in the next month.

Melbourne (MCG) - They've become a bit of a bogey side for us recently and I feel like we always get belted in the middle against them. However, our midfield seems to lift a gear when Grundy's dominating the ruck so if Gawn's still out come Queen's Birthday then we're every chance. Even if Gawn is back, I work with a couple of Melbourne supporters and they always feel that, like us, Melbourne lift for the harder games (see Adelaide game this week) while put in poorer performances against teams they 'should' beat. We're probably now in that category of team that they 'should' beat so maybe that's something.

Our run home:
Port (MCG) - Definitely winnable given HGA
Hawthorn (MCG) - see above
Essendon (MCG) - got rolled earlier in the year but straighten up a little bit (scoreboard pressure) and we could have won
Gold Coast (Metricon) - we don't play Metricon particularly well which is a worry. Send Greenwood to Ablett please
West Coast (Etihad) - if only it was at the MCG. Still have the home-state advantage I guess
Adelaide (MCG) - HGA... that's all I've got
North (Etihad) - probably 50/50 at this stage but who knows how the teams will look in a few months time
Port (AO) - hard to see us beating Port at AO, have we won there yet?
Geelong (MCG) - we're their bogey team which is a nice change of pace
Melbourne (MCG) - see above

Keep the faith, it's more fun than being miserable about our chances at least.

ive thought similar to this on many occasions. I feel the good teams are too busy trying to win with their brand of footy which allows us to play a good contested free flowing game. Where as the poorer teams are busy just trying to beat us by focusing on our weaknesses rather than their own strengths

This is something I don't mind about Buckley's coaching and MM was the same. Try to develop a winning gameplan rather than chopping and changing for every team. At the end of the day this is what premiership teams appear to do. I'd rather us lose trying to play our brand of footy than changing things up with a gameplan that ultimately won't hold up when it counts. It's interesting also that we tend to play better footy against finals teams than other mid-pack teams. The idea seems right but the execution appears off.

But then we'll be accused of tanking...I mean "acting in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the competition".
Could you imagine if the pies were charged with playing with insufficient intent after all those years the dees and blues were cellar dwelling

I heartily endorse the premise of this thread. For what it's worth, we were 4 points away on the weekend from being 12th rather than 17th so this season really is very close. From a few weeks back (might have been from around the Geelong game) I've thought to be a realistic chance of finals we'd want to be 6-6 at the bye or maybe 5-7 at a stretch and we happen to come into form after our bye. At this stage that means going 4-0 at the bye or 3-1 at absolute worst. Certainly doable and I think our draw get in the back-half of the year isn't overly bad. I think individually our next 4 games are all winnable but it's probably harder to make a case that we can play winning football for 4 games in a row rather than a case for beating every team individually. Regardless:

Hawthorn (MCG) - Despite them having one more win I'd say we've played better footy so far this year. They lost comfortably to Essendon and Adelaide (MCG), got belted by Gold Coast (Metricon) and Geelong before winning very comfortably against West Coast (at MCG, West Coast's bogey ground) then getting smacked by St.Kilda (Tasmania), a hard-fought win against Melbourne and then a comfortable win against Brisbane (Tasmania). The thing that worries me most about them is that they've been our bogey side for years but I think you can make a reasonable argument that we can knock them off.

Brisbane (MCG) - At the MCG. Brisbane will probably end up finishing last so we really should knock them off.

Fremantle (DS) - Being in WA makes this that much harder. Although I don't think this Collingwood team fears travel. It's hard to get a read on Freo. If they continue their current form (Carlton in WA then Adelaide in SA) then it might be a bridge too far given their home ground advantage. However, I don't think they're as strong as years gone by (2016 excluded of course). Probably the hardest match-up in the next month.

Melbourne (MCG) - They've become a bit of a bogey side for us recently and I feel like we always get belted in the middle against them. However, our midfield seems to lift a gear when Grundy's dominating the ruck so if Gawn's still out come Queen's Birthday then we're every chance. Even if Gawn is back, I work with a couple of Melbourne supporters and they always feel that, like us, Melbourne lift for the harder games (see Adelaide game this week) while put in poorer performances against teams they 'should' beat. We're probably now in that category of team that they 'should' beat so maybe that's something.

Our run home:
Port (MCG) - Definitely winnable given HGA
Hawthorn (MCG) - see above
Essendon (MCG) - got rolled earlier in the year but straighten up a little bit (scoreboard pressure) and we could have won
Gold Coast (Metricon) - we don't play Metricon particularly well which is a worry. Send Greenwood to Ablett please
West Coast (Etihad) - if only it was at the MCG. Still have the home-state advantage I guess
Adelaide (MCG) - HGA... that's all I've got
North (Etihad) - probably 50/50 at this stage but who knows how the teams will look in a few months time
Port (AO) - hard to see us beating Port at AO, have we won there yet?
Geelong (MCG) - we're their bogey team which is a nice change of pace
Melbourne (MCG) - see above

Keep the faith, it's more fun than being miserable about our chances at least.

This is something I don't mind about Buckley's coaching and MM was the same. Try to develop a winning gameplan rather than chopping and changing for every team. At the end of the day this is what premiership teams appear to do. I'd rather us lose trying to play our brand of footy than changing things up with a gameplan that ultimately won't hold up when it counts. It's interesting also that we tend to play better footy against finals teams than other mid-pack teams. The idea seems right but the execution appears off.
In my very selfish interests for changing the coach captain president CEO and list manager I would pick the glass that is less than full view as we finish with 7wins for the season

Hawks: bogey side since the 80's for my memory. Only ever seen pies beat the Hawks twice live at the game. On form we will win this

Brisbane: do you remember when they beat us by 10goals at the MCG a few rail end of the seasons ago. Some bloke named freeman kicked a bag who's never played again. Fagan might be Bucks undoing?

Freo: we will miss the bus in the first quarter and never catch up

Dees: they play like they did against Adelaide and we will need them to go home at half time to rest, otherwise we will win

Port (MCG) - run and spread and skills will kill us like last year

Hawthorn (MCG) - no repeat the hoodoo will continue

Essendon (MCG) - rince and repeat except this time we win

Gold Coast (Metricon): no chance

West Coast (Etihad) - If only all west coast games against us were here where they have a distinct advantage almost a home-state advantage being from the west. Eagles win

Adelaide (MCG) - yes pies shock the crows

North (Etihad) : see saints and eagles games for how not to play at Etihad. Watch us lose again

Port (AO) : no chance

Geelong : yes 2 in a row this season against the cats watch out Selwood it's Greenwood nightmare time

Melbourne: another loss to finish the season

in reality its a complicated formula on how many wins we get this season and it all depends on when buckley is sacked....

currently we are running 2 - 6 which gives a winning percentage of 25% or about 5.5 wins for the season...

if buckley is sacked now, we would run 6 - 3 for the rest of the season, thereby giving a winning percentage of 66.6% but only for the rest of the season which will give about 11 wins in total..

we could still jag 12 wins and make the eight but we would have to act tomorrow.....

i ask all good collingwood supporters to text the club and put pressure on Ed to do the deed this week or all is lost....

It depends on which Collingwood team shows up. If it's the team that showed up against Geelong and the Giants, we could quite possibly be 12-10 or 13-9.

But we've already lost to some of the worst teams in the competition so there's really no way of knowing.

amazing how many "Collingwood fans" want the Pies to actually lose... If Bucks and the players have the capabilities of turning the season around and we finish at 13-9 then that's fantastic, and I would be happy for bucks to get another year. creating a winning culture builds confidence and its amazing where confidence gets a team, and individuals, in life and on the footy field.

Being realistic though, I Think we may finish around the 8 win mark for the season.

I don't need him to fail, he is already doing that himself.

I'm not blinded of the reality though.

He's failed as a coach.
It's over with us.
The sooner he goes the better we will all be and able to move on.

Just double checked, still listed as Coach...

amazing how many "Collingwood fans" want the Pies to actually lose... If Bucks and the players have the capabilities of turning the season around and we finish at 13-9 then that's fantastic, and I would be happy for bucks to get another year. creating a winning culture builds confidence and its amazing where confidence gets a team, and individuals, in life and on the footy field.

Being realistic though, I Think we may finish around the 8 win mark for the season.
8 wins is unacceptable, anything more than 5 and we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot, play the kids and look forward to November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please inform the CheerSquad about the Roll. Then they can have the old style YAKKA banners where we just ticked off the games one by one.

Once again I haven't read the thread.

I assumed it was about Balme, he's now with the Tiges.

Is he still sneaking back stealing our food?

8 wins is unacceptable, anything more than 5 and we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot, play the kids and look forward to November.
I agree.. 8 wins leaves us in no mans land again come draft time... i just think thats roughly where we finish. Eddie ain't firing Bucks. Bucks won't lie down. And there will be games we pinch unexpectedly for the rest of the season.

Cheese. And u?

Chicken, lots of butter. Just make sure they're not Daves. Salt and vinegar chips okay to.

Love your posts JMac, I also prefer to stay positive and to have faith in the system. I'm convinced the majority here are closet Carlton supporters, who flip flop at every turn.
Side by side!
lol

FFS, given that none of us are on the board and you can't do anything about the situation would it hurt to be a bit positive.

Negativity is going to do nothing but pile on more pressure and compound the situation, be part of the solution...

A lot of tossers around that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back